Bug Report

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
Bug Report

Please post all the bugs you'll find here :) It would help us to fix bugs and make game more balanced :)

Hello,

before reporting my bugs, I want to say that this is a great work you guys have done.

Bugs :

1) Playing the 1933 scenario playing Germany the game had a CTD a several times when it is the AI's first turn (spring 33). I don't now why, since when playing the british, there is no problem. And by making a trade with the british during the first turn, the game did not crash any more ?!

2) Playing the 1939 scenario as German when clicking on "Forced Labour" in the production window I have a immediate CTD. If I do not construct any FL, there is no problem. The game crashed one time while the AI was playing, but only once. And I cannot build the wonder "Red cross", the game crashes at the very beginning of the movie.

I did not play yet the invasion scenario.

Hopefully, my comments may help you improving the mod.

While playing the 1933 scenario, I was unable to build Afrika corps with the 3rd Reich, instead I had the ordinary Desert Infantry.
Sherman tanks also have a first strike 2-56 or something !

Hi asioasioasio,
this is my first post on the boards, so first cheer to everyone and all the useful information/addons/mods posted in this forum.

I downloaded your mod and i kind of enjoy it. Especially the 1933 scenario looks very promising. There's an awesome amount of new units and buildings, the religions seem ok for that type of mod and the overall impression is really good.

But...
there are some things that are really annoying and this bugs made me stop playing it for now:

- building: the game crashes when the "Kolosseum" is built, also the world wonder "Expansion Memorial Bla" crashes the game. Also some other wonders caused a crash, but i cant exactly remember which ones (Leaning Tower?)

- building units: clicking on a "Forced Laborer" crashes the game immedeately

- culture: i dont really like the idea of countries loosing cities to other countries because of culture in a WW2 scenario. Playing the british, France has lost Brest to me. Playing as germany, i took two italian towns with culture.

- units: some units have really really weird first-strike capabilites. for example marines with 1-21 first strikes, the M4 Sherman with 4-54 first-strikes and others. Also some promotions give (too) high first-strike values.

- when the game starts (1933), there are a lot of experienced units on the map. The promotions for many of them are wrong. (infantry with tank-combat promotion). most units have fighter/bomber promotions instead of ground-unit stuff. Is that on purpose?

- germany is way too powerful. Some towns generate 1 military unit each turn, they have all buildings built, even those that have not been researched.
- all german units are stronger/better than their counterparts... kinda weird too

Oh and in the late game, combat is really weird. All that tanks come rushing in dozens with collateral damage and blitz and what-not. In fact you can rush everybody with some heavy tanks (because of the collateral damage). To counter that i would allow the City Defense II promotion earlier, or give it to machine-guns for free or something else... make tanks national units with a max-count of 10 ... you will better know what to do :)

Thats all for now.
Cheers to the mod-team.
co.cane

this is not really a bug its just a suggestion but in the 1944 scenario im Britain and i take a german city and move my whole stack in to fortify but next turn Germany comes back ith an army 5 times my size and takes my city and others. so maybe Germany is too strong or Britian and its allies are too weak. Also It is almost too easy to take italy. maybe you should give them more units. otherwise the scenario and the mod is great:)

this is not really a bug its just a suggestion but in the 1944 scenario im Britain and i take a german city and move my whole stack in to fortify but next turn Germany comes back ith an army 5 times my size and takes my city and others. so maybe Germany is too strong or Britian and its allies are too weak. Also It is almost too easy to take italy. maybe you should give them more units. otherwise the scenario and the mod is great:)

New rebalanced versions should change this... Old versions were not balanced enough and German strength was drasticly reduced (by 20-35% depending on unit types) and the Americans, British and Russians are greatly reinforced and supplied with units which must be brought in later in the game to represent the steady supply of troops into the European Theatre. Always check my signature link to my scenario page for latest version which is 10.6 and 7.6 (10.7p and 7.7p are waiting for patch to come out).

While playing the 1933 scenario, I was unable to build Afrika corps with the 3rd Reich, instead I had the ordinary Desert Infantry.
Sherman tanks also have a first strike 2-56 or something !

Hopefully will work fine in the patch - Sherman, Crusader, etc are definately fixed.

Hi asioasioasio,
this is my first post on the boards, so first cheer to everyone and all the useful information/addons/mods posted in this forum.

I downloaded your mod and i kind of enjoy it. Especially the 1933 scenario looks very promising. There's an awesome amount of new units and buildings, the religions seem ok for that type of mod and the overall impression is really good.

But...
there are some things that are really annoying and this bugs made me stop playing it for now:

- building: the game crashes when the "Kolosseum" is built, also the world wonder "Expansion Memorial Bla" crashes the game. Also some other wonders caused a crash, but i cant exactly remember which ones (Leaning Tower?)

- building units: clicking on a "Forced Laborer" crashes the game immedeately

- culture: i dont really like the idea of countries loosing cities to other countries because of culture in a WW2 scenario. Playing the british, France has lost Brest to me. Playing as germany, i took two italian towns with culture.

- units: some units have really really weird first-strike capabilites. for example marines with 1-21 first strikes, the M4 Sherman with 4-54 first-strikes and others. Also some promotions give (too) high first-strike values.

- when the game starts (1933), there are a lot of experienced units on the map. The promotions for many of them are wrong. (infantry with tank-combat promotion). most units have fighter/bomber promotions instead of ground-unit stuff. Is that on purpose?

- germany is way too powerful. Some towns generate 1 military unit each turn, they have all buildings built, even those that have not been researched.
- all german units are stronger/better than their counterparts... kinda weird too

Oh and in the late game, combat is really weird. All that tanks come rushing in dozens with collateral damage and blitz and what-not. In fact you can rush everybody with some heavy tanks (because of the collateral damage). To counter that i would allow the City Defense II promotion earlier, or give it to machine-guns for free or something else... make tanks national units with a max-count of 10 ... you will better know what to do :)

Thats all for now.
Cheers to the mod-team.
co.cane

Whew... lots of stuff. We appreciate the feedback. I have replaced many/most of the units which were effected by a promotion bug that asioasioasio had to fix. The wonder crashes have been fixed... many of the other comments are also fixed or changed, and others are taken into consideration. Thanks again!

Ok im not completely sure, but it looks like to create an H-bomb, it doesn't require an H-bomb test, it requires an A-bomb test. Just glanced at it in the tech tree....

The game crashes every time I click on the medic or ambulance build icon - might wanna fix this. Oh btw GREAT MOD!!!!!!!!!!:crazyeye:

Thank you for posting it
i'll check this out and fix in next version :)

I got the newest patch.

The Cruise missile and the Cruise missile with A bomb are huge. I forgot to take a screenshot. But believe me they are to big.

wich patch?
did you installed version 1.15 and uninstalled version 1.0?

One thing that stand out to me is that some really decent cities have 0 culture when starting on 1933 scenario. I know its a work in progress ;) , But it is 20th century, most major civilizations should have entire map uncovered (i think most do), have MAJOR railroad connections (didn't look at that in detail), and have pretty high culture (at least in most spots)

Most things look good though. Takes awhile to load the 1933 scenario (partly because i picked Stalin, and many AI's took there turn before me)

Great work :D

Hi. I was excited to try the mod and downloaded it overnight (v.1.15b). It installed fine. It started fine, but slowly. I choose my settings and clicked launch. The game loaded for a while then I saw the earth picture and the game loaded for a few more seconds then crashed (Warlords must close). I did this twice. Once I picked custom scenario and the other I picked regular scenario. Both times it crashed at the same spot. It uninstalled fine too. Sorry I didn't get to play.

I'll try again in the future. Also, the maps are kind of big for my computer. I usually don't go over standard size or the game gets too slow.

Hi. I was excited to try the mod and downloaded it overnight (v.1.15b). It installed fine. It started fine, but slowly. I choose my settings and clicked launch. The game loaded for a while then I saw the earth picture and the game loaded for a few more seconds then crashed (Warlords must close). I did this twice. Once I picked custom scenario and the other I picked regular scenario. Both times it crashed at the same spot. It uninstalled fine too. Sorry I didn't get to play.

I'll try again in the future. Also, the maps are kind of big for my computer. I usually don't go over standard size or the game gets too slow.

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card???? I had the same problem at first.

If you cant resolve it, you can go in and delete the .bik for the intro movie, then it will work.

Bug

Flag turns into barbarian/neutral flag when playing as germany in 1939 sen. I hapend after 1940 and only for ships and some tanks like mause or king tiger.
Problem with
Destroyers not improved
and Improved to
Mause or that big tank destroyer
King tiger

improved battleships are all red! (but not improved destroyers, subs or carriers)

thanks :) we will be fixing most small things such as this shortly.

Top Bottom