~ D o m i n E a r t h i o n ~

Tigranes

Armenian
"War doesn't determine who's right -
only who's left."

Bertand Russel
Courtesy to Barbarian King's Earth 2010 Mod I proudly present:​

:king: D o m i n E a r t h i o n ! :king:

PBEM TRACKER LINK: https://www.ruffhi.com/php/tracker_v6.php?game=pbemdominearth

Britain claimed XIX Century, America claimed XX. Who will claim this XXI Century? Next couple of decades will show. Seven billion people belong to seven teams ruled by seven human players and seven house rules :). Take over Team America, EuroCanadian Team, Team Latino, UN Team, Russian Team, Muslim Team or Team China. Dominate the Earth by your superior culture, technology or by the brute force. There is one Earth so there will be only one winner this time! Welcome to the 36-Civ All Human DominEarthion game -- the biggest and the best game hosted by me so far! Very symbolically this game was presented on the Earth Day of '13. What a better way to honor our beloved Earth if not by becoming the
DominEarthor :king:!​

Victory Conditions:
Spoiler :

Players

Edit1: Eclipse will be replaced by Imp. Knoedel starting June 2012. Arab Spring in Muslim lands! :)

Edit2: Monster2821 was replaced by civ_addicted starting October 2013.

Edit3: academia was replaced by Ruff_hi starting December 2016.

Edit4: Nighthawk419 was replaced by sinimusta starting April 2017.

Edit5: civ_addicted was replaced by Imp. Knoedel starting July 2017.

Edit6: Kiwitt was replaced by Michkov starting April 2018.

Edit7: sinimusta was replaced by psza starting October 2018.

Seven House Rules

1. Players cannot gift units, neither to themselves nor to others. Players can trade cities only when returning them to the original 2010 owner or during peace negotiations after real, non-phony wars. If original owner does not exist -- the very next owner will be recognized as original owner.

2. Players cannot change civics and religions until the discovery of Future Technology. There are four logical exceptions: (2a) Spiritual Leader (Iraq) are exempt (2b) Owners of Cristo Redentor are exempt (2c) Owners of Pyramids can change Government civics only. (2d) Shwedagon Paya makes possible to change Religious civics and Religions for their owners. No Change Civics/Change Religion Spy mission is allowed. UN "Civic resolutions" supercede this Rule.

3. Team China and Team America cannot open borders while there are 2 Chinas and 2 Koreas in game.

4. Only one and only land tile per turn per team can be claimed via new "Claim territory" feature.

5. Universal peace for 1 year.

6. Only RL Security Council Civs can Veto (defy) UN resolutions.
6a. Based on this House Rule and UN vote -- no Manhattan Project can ever be built from May 2012 onwards.

7. Player has to consult with the host(me) before resigning any civ to AI.

"First posted-first claimed" theory does not work this time. As host I would like to offer teams via private communication. First make sure you can open American Start attached (if you are new to the mod please rename Earth 2010 folder to Earth 2012 after installing via link provided on the very top). Please be aware that this game is quite demanding in terms of the complexity and time. Then, if everything works and if you are still interested please PM your first and second choice for team you are really really wanting to rule! I will get the leftovers -- after 1 month of polishing this game I came to love all the teams without exceptions :goodjob:. All the civs in teams are in Permanent Alliance, but no more Alliances are possible in the game.

Please check game settings, stats and starting situation for the teams in the post 2.

Spoiler How to install everything :

If you don't have it already download old unpatched Earth 2010 and place it in your Beyond the Sword/Mods folder. If Gamefront fails you try Mediafire instead...

Get the patch (Update 6): from the link above or from http://www.mediafire.com/?6bw4859537xhwza

Case A: If you didn't have the old un-updated Earth 2010 please follow the link and download the mod. Then download the update six. Patch/merge "update 6" directly over your Earth 2010 mod. Rename Earth 2010 folder to Earth 2012 (very important!) Open both Public Maps (Worldbuilder Saves) with WordPad and replace ModPath=Mods\Earth 2010 with ModPath=Mods\Earth 2012

Case B: If you are already playing Today or Minor League simply create a copy of the old un-updated Earth 2010 folder. Patch the update over Earth 2010 folder. Rename Earth 2010 folder to Earth 2012 (very important!) Open both Public Maps with WordPad and replace ModPath=Mods\Earth 2010 with ModPath=Mods\Earth 2012. Go back to "Copy of Earth 2010" folder and restore the name Earth 2010. Your Minor League game will use that folder with old un-updated mod, your Underdog game will use Earth 2012 folder, which in reality contains updated Earth 2010 mod.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_AD-2010-October.CivBeyondSwordSave
    873.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Victories.JPG
    Victories.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 676
  • DominEarthion.PNG
    DominEarthion.PNG
    459.9 KB · Views: 730
  • Playorder-1.PNG
    Playorder-1.PNG
    17.1 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:
Game Settings:

Spoiler :

Game Stats (also in Excel file):​

Spoiler :

Leaders:

Spoiler :

Team Infos:

Team America :cowboy:: Uncle Sam is the current DominEarthor and leading the score table as a single civ, but American block comes only as the forth one among the teams. They still have awesome GNP, ahead in soldiers and have the most nukes. Very useful World Wonders, first in Corporations, strong in National Wonders too. S.Korea, Israel and Taiwan are quite productive 1 City States, while Iraq has the only Spiritual leader in the game. House rule #2 banning Civics changes do not apply to Spiritual leaders, so this will help. Jerusalem is the only city with the new Firewall building -- Chinese can build Viruses, and no doubts anti-virus shield in Jerusalem will be useful, until the discovery of Cyber Security. Americans start with Drones and are closest to the Tech Victory. This Team starts with 4 Oils, and can get 3 more, all the other resources are available too. I guess the only bad thing is the smallest number of cities -- twice less than UN Team, for example. There is also the infamous national debt problem (negative starting gold), but US can offset this in one turn :cooool: !

EuroCanadian Team :queen: : also known as Welfare Team ( ;) ) starts in Defensive Pact with Americans (NATO), but this can be canceled in 10 turns. Obviously Welfare Player does not have to be friendly to America, at one point Americans wanted to rename French fries to Freedom fries, remember? :lol: They are tied with America in Active Wonders, now, if one counts expired Wonders as well (i.e. Parthenon) -- than this team will lead! London is the second best city after New York. Paris and Berlin are very close too. If you check stats bellow -- this Team absolutely rocks in National Wonders (rational explained in post 3). This lead is especially critical when one looks at Heroic and National Epics, since this preplaced NWs cannot be built anymore by anyone and cannot be rebuild. Among disadvantages is the shortage in Oil (only 3 are available, 2 thanks to Canada). Canada can explore Tar Sands and get some more Oil, but this team might need to trade with Russia or Muslims to fully satisfy their fuel needs. Another bad thing is that Welfare Team stuck with expensive civics and has the largest debt, but game does not allow for realistic debt crisis, no way to change inflation without XML editing, so EU might only get a Strike for 1 turn and then all the debts will be forgiven :crazyeye: If only Real Life were that forgiving!

Team Latino :banana: :may have the weakest military, no Nukes and no Nuclear facilities, but it has 2 most critical Wonders in the game Cristo Redentor in Rio and Mausoleum of Mausolus in Sampa (the later representing Obelisco Mausoléu aos Heróis de 32 ;). When one team member has a World Wonder in Permanent Alliance -- the entire team gets the benefit in BTS (did you know that?) ! Meaning, Golden Age in Argentina will last 24 turns instead of 16, all thank to Brazil! Plus House Rule #2 makes the owner of Cristo Redentor even more powerful, than in vanila game -- unlike anybody else Latinos can change any Civic and any Religion. They have enough Oil for themselves. And finally Latinos and Muslims are the only 2 teams that can build quasi invisible Terrorist unit (Drug Cartels, Insurgency, Islamic Militants). Unfortunately some Barbarian Terrorists already are hiding in Mexico, so beware of [pimp] El Chapo Guzman !

UN Team :ninja: : is the clear heavy lifter in the game. India can start Golden AGe right from the start, thanks to Taj, well, "Taj reconstruction team" (Great Artist) :). India also has second largest population and belongs to the Nuclear Club; Japan has crazily profitable UB and largest size-30 city Tokyo; Australia has outstanding mineral wealth, so does South Africa. Finally Philosophical Ban Ki-moon from Other Nations can get elected to his real life job -- UN Secretary General. It is impossible to expect that other humans will elect him as a World Leader, but being able to have a working UN can be quite instrumental! On Marathon speed UN events are only there once in every 18 turns :sleep:, so make a good use of them!

Russian Team :beer: They start without Fiber Optics, so Kremlin still has its awesome purchasing power. Sadly only Russia and Turkey-Syria can get rush buy anything before the Future Tech discovery -- the rest of the Team does not even run Universal Suffrage. However thanks to Vietnam-Burma Russian block has Shwedagon Paaya, and therefore can change Religious Civics and Religions. Venezuela has 2 Oils, and 2 more in proven reserves (unhooked), Kazakhstan doing good in Uranium, while Russia herself has 11 IBCMs and very productive Moscow. While America stores her IBCMs in 2 locations only (it's 3 sites in real life, in MO WY ND) -- Russian nuclear arsenal is spread in many cities -- making first strike against Russia quite ineffective. All the civs start without Manhattan Project, which represent the absence of any nuclear race in Oct 2010, but who knows which Team will build it eventually? Rumor has it that Iran from Chinese Team already has Nuclear Facility and working on their Manhattan Project :nuke: So watch nuclear developments closely!

Muslim Team :egypt: : They got it all -- the good, the bad, and the ugly! Good things are scoreboard leaders, abundance of Oil, extra Civ, ability to build Terrorists, couple of nukes in Pakistan and Pyramids in Egypt. Meaning Muslims can change Government Civics (Arab Spring ;) ). The bad thing is second smallest GNP, second smallest Soldiers, some very backward non-Government civics. The ugly thing is them being last in techs. Will they do better than Muslims in our last game :p? Only time can tell!

Team China :salute: : Surprisingly challenging team to play. True, China proper has 3rd highest GNP, like in real life, it's the only Team that starts with Cyber Warfare and Three Gorges Dam powers cities as far as in Africa (game counts Africa, Asia and Europe as 1 continent). Most of the Team leaders are Aggressive and Protective. However the Team still comes last in Soldiers because of the way Game counts soldiers. Situation in Africa is quite dire, Chinese players needs to show lots of skills in managing the diseases and high mortality rates. North Korea is the only civ that starts with Slavery civic -- poor people can be sacrificed, since they are starving anyway :(. But maybe Chinese block leader can come up with some sound solutions?

Attachments

• Dominerthion stat.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Civ4ScreenShot0249.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0249.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 635
  • Leaders.PNG
    Leaders.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 686
  • Stat (1).PNG
    Stat (1).PNG
    309.1 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:

ok, let´s try this.
PM sent

Sure, welcome aboard! Please PM me with your choices ;) We love people from Earth!

We need two more LEADERS and then, if we get even more interest, I will start another parallel :eek::crazyeye::trophy::trophy2nd: :trophy3rd: game

All right everybody -- looks like we got a full house in less than 24 hours! :goodjob: Please read the house rules and make sure you can open the initial save! I have reserved the third post for game notes, so if you have any questions about the PBEM adaptation design -- I will explain everything there!

I will be sending Team offers very soon, after confirmation the play order will appear in the first post and we will be ready to start! American player goes first, so he can just proceed with the save filed attached. Taiwan is the last civ.

I am in of course and will PM Tigranes with my choices... I couldnt see quite all the images with the firewall blocked here at work but I am VERY excited and will check it all out before I get started. I know I can open the save from the Underdogs game...

And the game is on! OP updated with Players' names and playing order.

Looks like General Petraeus got some job to do, before his biographer arrives to Afghanistan ;)!

Ok I have played obama's turn and hit end turn and it saved what do I do now send it to kiwitt or what?

Ok figured it out but what about Taiwan?

Taliban forces south of Kabul eliminated under General Petraeus's leadership.

EDIT: sent to kiwitt

Ok I have played obama's turn and hit end turn and it saved what do I do now send it to kiwitt or what?

Ok figured it out but what about Taiwan?

Taiwan will arrive the last, at the very end of turn cycle. From Hercules of China.

Barbarians (the only AI civ) play between turns, so you will always be able to see what they did to you, unlike any other players. ;) And believe me your troubles in Afghanistan are far from over. You will see what I mean after you hit End of turn on your Taiwan's turn.

You will also see how October 2010 becomes Nov 2010 while game generates American save for you. So you will be the first to witness any event that happened to our beloved Earth. Like earthquakes or UN vote results. So keep us updated if you see anything funny :)

I wonder what happened in Afghanistan I guess more barbarians or General Petraeus died or maybe terrorists or all of the above?! I guess I will find out when I play again.

sorry, but i´m having problems to get this started...

i already had the scenario, so i just renamed the folder to "Earth 2012"
i placed the savegame in my desktop, double clicked it in order to get the game going... but i got this message:
"The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed" :confused:

any idea what could be happening?

Can you please forward the file to me. kiwitt is a veteran player, otherwise I would say the file he has sent you could be generated without pressing End of Turn -- which one has to ALWAYS press... Can you open initial American save from the Opening Post of this thread?

Can you please forward the file to me. kiwitt is a veteran player, otherwise I would say the file he has sent you could be generated without pressing End of Turn -- which one has to ALWAYS press... Can you open initial American save from the Opening Post of this thread?
i can´t open the original file either.
i guess this has to be related to the folder name change... btw, why are we doing that? changing 2010 to 2012?? wouldn´t that screw up some of the files inside the folder, named "2010.xxx"???

Top Bottom