Water tiles

lex321

Chieftain
so I've always wondered what they were considered as. Open or rough terrains?

no duh:D

But when you take a promotion for a ranged unit let say. What would be the best if they are facing mainly water, open or rough?

//edit, seems that I had to refresh before posting to see your answer Miravlix. Thanks

no duh:D

But when you take a promotion for a ranged unit let say. What would be the best if they are facing mainly water, open or rough?

I don't think it takes either promotion into account when shooting at units on water tiles. I don't think there is a promotion for land units against naval or embarked units.

Open terrain bonus used to apply to archers/siege firing at ships. not sure about now. The condition for accuracy states "no hills, forest, or jungle" and those are pretty rare in the ocean :p

Click a land ranged unit and mouse over a naval unit and you will see what bonus applies.

Neither rough nor flat applies.

I don't think it takes either promotion into account when shooting at units on water tiles. I don't think there is a promotion for land units against naval or embarked units.

It does take the promotion for shooting targets on open landscapes into account, at least it says so whenever I mouse-over a target before I shoot (and obviously, have the promotion).

Open I am pretty sure.

Top Bottom