Mordor Civ

CivBrit

Chieftain
This is my first post in the mod thread so hi everyone.

I was toying with the idea of modding a Mordor civ into FfH II and wanted to hear your thoughts/opinions. I know it wouldn't fit into FfH lore at all and makes no sense from a flavour point of view, but I could have fun with it.

Anyway, here's what I was thinking:

Leader: Sauron
Traits: Aggressive, agnostic, industrious
Alignment: Evil

The civ has no units with the hero promotion, but instead can build nine unique Nazgul units during the course of the game. They all have a variant of the immortal promotion, which causes them to respawn in the capital city (Barad Dur) when killed, after a delay (possibly five turns?).

The Nazgul are all mounted units with varying strengths and each comes with different starting promotions. Some become available very early in the tech tree but are not that strong, others come later and are more dangerous, culminating in the witch king of Angmar, who is a powerful arcane unit on par with the typical late game heroes.

At some point (perhaps at warhorses) the civ can construct a unique building which when completed allows the Nazgul to upgrade to flying mounts, allowing them to cross impassable terrain, increase their movement and strength. This would boost the earlier, weaker Nazgul so that they still pose a threat in the mid and late game.

As with the immortal promotion, they can be killed permanently if defeated in the capital.

The world spell can temporarily boost the Nazgul's strength and movement making them even more dangerous.

I realize that having access to nine powerful immortal unique units is a big advantage, but since the civ is agnostic it cannot build temples and so is at a big disadvantage culture wise. This, along with the immortal status of the Nazgul, will encourage Mordor players to be extremely war mongering which fits the theme of the civ.

The other units will be orcs and the like, with Uruk Hai replacing champions.

Any comments/suggestions?

I would add a new resource "dark energy" or something.You start with a fixed amount and any special action you perform (call an Nazgul, resurrect one, use "the eye" to view a small part of the map) also costs some energy.
Your worldspell will reveal an artifact "the one" that spawns in the capital of another player gives the unit that wears the artifact to ability to become invisible. If you manage to capture the artifact with your Nazgul or any other unit that can see invisible within a given amount of turns your Nazgul become stronger and you gain a bit of dark energy every turn.

Top Bottom