End of Empires - N3S III

I have read the update, and would like to insert my input before the next deadline but I didn't really have anything really important to say except "Great update". But here it is.

Great update!

To: Empire of the Hu'ut

Your empire is on its last legs, and the Faeoria (Family Houses) are ready to strike a final blow. However, before it must come to this, we propose a dialogue, perhaps peace. What Faron, and those liberated in this war desire is, quite simply, a Hu'ut nation free of slavery, the possession of one man by another. If this practice is ended in your lands, we may discuss peace.

We do not intend to ask for any lands, a return to our original borders is acceptable to us. Faron does not desire to deal further harm to the nation of Hu'ut- we would like to see you standing proudly once again, but with the shackles of enslavement destroyed and cast away.

What are your intentions, O Emperor of the Hu'ut?

I also vote for an extended deadline before orders are due.

Didn't you promise not to do that this time? :p Just for that, I'll send you two PMs of orders again! *has already done so due to size, but now it's also retroactively an act of outrage!* :p

Time to find new adjectives synonymous with sadistic to describe my beloved Acca!

The Hero

An Embodiement of the saviour, The Hero has typically associated itself with the legend of whereby the Prophet was taken by bandits, and one of these bandits listening to the Prophet and moved by his words attempted to convince the others to let him go, and stop being bandits. And whilst the Prophet was unable to save him when the Hero was killed by his fellow Bandits it afforded the Prophet his escape, so when the Prophet returned with men from the local Militias they fought off the Bandits and the Hero who sacrificed everything was honoured in his rites.

The Hunter

An embodiement of freedom, of the independence afforded to a man when he can fend for himself, He walks his own path of his own choosing and accepts the consequences of those actions. Often used by the Church of Iralliam as a guide to how you should walk the path of Opporia.

The Winged Man

One of the Aenid, known as Aelmus, who died fighting the Niamdes upon Rithya the bloody moon only to be reborn to fight the next day. Eventuall could no longer suffer the pain, and commited suicide, the first in living memory. And Opporia granted his request of a final death and granted him a place amoung the stars for eternity.

OOC: Ok a bit lame, but the point is, use what I drew and come up with your own constallations

Orders in btw and its constellations :/

Still missing a few, but I will go ahead in two hours regardless of if they get them in.

Hi, I'm back. I had no internet connection at all, but I was working on orders in the car. They'll be in tonight. Really sorry for the delay, but I did provide advance warning.

Masada, if you want to talk, I'll talk, though the terms of submission to the Satar and the return of Jania to the Trilui still stand.

Sorry I've been asleep. As a note my orders won't really matter much at this stage. But they should be in soon.

The Accord of Magha

So shall it be written and sealed, this accord between peoples.

The people of Seshweay in their Union of Aya'se will submit to the rule of the Redeemer, High Prince of the Satar Exatai. Their leaders will make public submission to the High Prince, and the High Prince will recognize their fealty.

The people of Seshweay in their Union of Aya'se will submit to the High Prince a tribute of gold. (OOC: 1000 GP per turn)

In return for their service, the High Prince of the Satar shall allow the Seshweay to be princes over their own lands that the Redeemer has not conquered. In return for their fealty, they may bear arms and sail ships of their own making. We shall not interfere in their cities here and across the sea.

The people of Seshweay relinquish the lands of the River Sesh to the Satar. Seshweay may live there, but these lands lie under the direct rule of the Seven Princes of the Satar. Men of Seshweay birth may travel freely between lands.

This agreement binds the Union of Aya'se and any assemblies, governments, or rulers of the Seshweay people that may arise in the future.

NK, what is my army like in terms of organization, equipment, leadership, and loyalty? Me and Masada were talking about the qualities of our armies earlier and i wanted to know little bit more about my army. (He seemed to know all about his)

Agreed.

OOC: Orders coming soonish.

The burning was his. Every mother that leaped, screaming, from a flaming rooftop, sleeping infant held close in her arms, was his. Each frightened militiaman, leather jerkin and wooden stave his only protection, brought down by iron-shod hooves and iron-shod spear, was his doing. It was an emptiness beyond despair.

The walls loomed behind the burning, largely unbroken. These great mud-brick husks would crumble into the Sesh for centuries to come. It was like the skin of a desert snake. The body and spirit had shrugged its’ skin, moved on…but the remnant would bleach in the desert sun until the wind wore it away to nothing.

Yes…these walls of men’s fear would still stand. The walls did nothing…there was death within and without.

He had killed. He had killed until killing lost its’ meaning. And he made no effort to keep his men under control. It was useless. The horde was loose. The Redeemer had come.

It was in the ruins of one of the city’s great palaces that the father saw the son. The son was holding something…a ball attached by a rope to a small stick. Protruding from under a fallen column, some brilliant blue stone, turquoise or lapis, lay the child’s hand that had once held this simple toy. No longer. The muscles were rigid, the heart stilled. A hall that once echoed with laughter would now know only the wind.

Arastephas’ had many horses, but this one was crimson. Whether from the natural color of the mane, or because it had been bathed in the blood of his master’s foes, Atraxes could not tell. The golden mask hid the face of a man that he once called father. Now, though, he only saw a monster in metal.

He could not tell, he would never know…but the face under the mask smiled. It smiled, after all this. Atraxes could only feel disgust.

The masked man spoke. “You have given me a great victory, descendant. We are revenged upon the sons of Te’esh.” His horse picked its’ way carefully over the bodies and rubble. Atraxes heard a distant crash that could have been breaking glass or pottery, as the lilting victory chants of the steppe rose into the sky with black plumes of smoke.

Atraxes ripped off his helm, viciously throwing it to the side. “You think that Taleldil is appeased by this mockery of a battle? Do you see a noble victory in the death of these children?”

Arastephas stood still. “When I was a herder of sheep, I saw that our flocks and herds had grown too numerous. Whether by the hand of man or the gods, each season the grasses grew thinner.”

Wiping a soot-stained hand across his face, Atraxes leaned upon one of the shattered columns in exhaustion. His father continued.

“The land was dying. I saw Taleldil pushing the child out of his cradle. What did I choose? I chose to kill the people of this land so that my son’s bleached bones would not lie in a Rath Satar that has become a forsaken desert!”

Atraxes coughed, and spat blood. He stared at his father. And he stood.

“High Prince Arastephas, as Prince of the Star, I challenge you to the blood-duel, for rule of our people.”

Arastephas’ eyes narrowed. His son’s lieutenants had been lurking in the shadows. Xephaion, Atalik, and Isal-ha stepped forward, crossing arms before the High Prince. “We witness his claim.”

The Redeemer laughed. He laughed like a man possessed. “How fitting that I see the blood of my own son stain the land I have bought for him with the blood of my people, and by my own hand.”

Atraxes turned away from the High Prince. “Ephkar the shepherd had a son. Arastephas the Redeemer has none.”

“So be it.”

Top Bottom