Crusader Kings 2

Dude, they are Aztecs.

On a side note, I've been able to play a bit with the College of Cardinals, not sure which recent expansion that was in because I picked up a couple at once. In general, it favors older guys instead of young 25-year old bishops, so you get better turnover. I still save-edit a bit for names, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.

As Double A said 'twas Sons of Abraham.

I actually liked SoA (other than the fact that the Jewish stuff was sort of lame and boring), although it appears the CKII community doesn't agree with me. Guess they prefer something with more pizazz or flashy or what have you. :/

SoA was solid content. I don't see the problem with it. It wasn't MUCH, but at the end of the day, LoR only added retinues, and not many complain about that.

Although the new decisions/events were fun, i nver used the college of cardinals which was supposed to be the big thing. Didnt see the significance of it, and as soon as you sponsored a cardinal and went back to check 30s later, you were immediatly outbid.

Also getting money from the pope wasnt hard. He basicly payed my family palace when playing as gotland.

Now hoping ironman gets fixed pretty soon, the save times after a century become way too long since they added india

Update on the Aztecs; they now only hold a minority of the North after a succesful invasion by my current char, the king.

Also Braavos got invaded by me and now is within the dominion the House Lannister dominated Iron Throne.

Hear Me Roar!

Guys I am not an IT person, having zero knowledge in computer hardwares. Well, I am sure my current pc, wouldnt be able to handle this game. so thinking about getting some new parts : Nvidia GT630, 1 GB, DDR5, with a 7852PT Gigabyte motherboard.

This is costing me Rs. 8000 i.e. USD 120, from a local vendor. Should i go for it ?
Will this let me play Eu4 as well ? Fingers crossed.

Please help...

Guys I am not an IT person, having zero knowledge in computer hardwares. Well, I am sure my current pc, wouldnt be able to handle this game. so thinking about getting some new parts : Nvidia GT630, 1 GB, DDR5, with a 7852PT Gigabyte motherboard.

This is costing me Rs. 8000 i.e. USD 120, from a local vendor. Should i go for it ?

Please help...

welll, for one, your better off asking on the paradox forums.

That video card should handle the new engine just fine, I don't know if it's a good price for it but it seems okay, not a rip off for a budget card + mobo if they work.

I actually liked SoA (other than the fact that the Jewish stuff was sort of lame and boring), although it appears the CKII community doesn't agree with me. Guess they prefer something with more pizazz or flashy or what have you. :/

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the expansions minus the Aztecs (I have ignored the music and graphics packs, I hate the nickel and diming). The Jewish characters and the loans are adding an interesting mechanic where you can borrow for mercenaries, which has been vital to my survival so far.

I have a game as the Fatimids going from the 1081 start where I have conquered everything south of Egypt and am waiting to strike at the Sunni caliphate when they get weak enough. I also have a game going as the Morosini family of Venice where I have managed to pick off several provinces in Sicily (both the island and the peninsular duchies) and Ragusa. But the other families are stealing my trading posts one-by-one and I can't retaliate, and the Greeks have conquered most of Croatia and have a personal union with Ruthenia which will be brutal to deal with.

Please help...

The video card is of secondary importance. The game is more processor-intensive than graphics-intensive. In addition upgrading the motherboard won't help a whole lot. What's your current processor? More importantly, is the processor compatible with the motherboard?

ut the other families are stealing my trading posts one-by-one and I can't retaliate, and the Greeks have conquered most of Croatia and have a personal union with Ruthenia which will be brutal to deal with.

Murder them. Murder all of them. Murder solves everything. Alliances are just one death away from collapse and you should always kill AI in unions to make rebels go crazy, and patrician families can't take your crap if they're suddenly run by a 10 year old.

I'm going to have to be a bit more bloodthirsty than normal. I've already knocked off about 6 or 7 patricians, guess I need to take out more.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the expansions minus the Aztecs (I have ignored the music and graphics packs, I hate the nickel and diming). The Jewish characters and the loans are adding an interesting mechanic where you can borrow for mercenaries, which has been vital to my survival so far.

Personally my favorite expansions so far have been SoI, the Republic, and SoA - liked them for the flavor and such, SoI I think was the most successful in trying to give a non-Christian group a different feel (for better or worse), Republic and SoA had nice flavor and all htat. LoR was okay and I for whatever reason contrary to everyone else in the PI forums feel that ToG is overrated and a bit of a disappointment especially since it was really just the Viking and-the-other-pagans-get-nothing expansion, and I'm having similar vibes for RoI for some reason.

The video card is of secondary importance. The game is more processor-intensive than graphics-intensive. In addition upgrading the motherboard won't help a whole lot. What's your current processor? More importantly, is the processor compatible with the motherboard?

My current pc was bought in 2006. It has ONE slot: ram slot. :lol:

I intend to get the mobo as well as the graphics card. Can you guys suggest me something that might go for less ? I checked out minimum pc requirements for CK2, the config mentioned there are apparently not available any more in my country. :confused:

I don't think you can buy a Pentium IV 2.4 GHz and GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon X1900 new in any country these days. Might be able to find it used, though.

mechaerik is right that the CPU is important, though. And indeed, whether it will work with the new motherboard is critical. If you have an Intel CPU, you're really out of luck for getting a 2006 Intel CPU in a new motherboard, even if the motherboard isn't the latest model. You're probably out of luck with AMD, too, but are less guaranteed to be. So what this means is you probably will need to get a new CPU in order to use the new motherboard (and it sounds like a new motherboard is necessary to use a new graphics card). Unfortunately, that means you probably would also need new RAM, since your 2006 RAM is probably DDR2, and any new motherboard would require DDR3.

The lowest-cost motherboard + cpu with integrated graphics + RAM that I can find new (in U.S. online stores) that would likely run Crusader Kings II is the AMD A4 6300 CPU + GPU for $55, a $50 motherboard that is compatible and has non-horrible reviews, and 2 GB of RAM for around $16, which winds up being $111. This would assume that everything else could be re-used, though, which may or may not be the case. Local prices may vary, which could be a good thing - you might get a good motherboard + cpu combo that would bring the price down a bit.

The good news is that buying used may also be an option. My 2007 laptop, which is only slightly newer than your computer, can play Crusader Kings II, albeit barely. The same model is selling on eBay for $120 - $130 shipped on average. So if the goal is playability at the lowest possible cost, you may be better off buying a used computer with sufficient power from the 2008 - 2010 era. Although avoid Intel graphics from that era - they won't be powerful enough. Buy a used computer that can play it for $175 (since you probably want something slightly more powerful than my old laptop, since its GPU is actually below the minimum specs even though it does work), sell your current one for $75, and you're at a lower total cost and probably more power than a few upgrades.

The other good news is that Europa Universalis IV has the same requirements as CKII, so if you can play one, you ought to be able to play the other. I haven't tried EUIV on my barely-able-to-play-CKII laptop, but theoretically it should work.

But if you do want to upgrade, the CPU model is really needed to know what's possible, and other specifications if possible.

Thanks for the comments Quintillus. If I am investing for a PC, i think i will go with a something that can play some games for another 4-5 years at least.

I am getting these stuff at flipkart.com, a local online vendor at slightly lower prices. Thanks guys

You can get a brand new Pentium for $69 or so from Amazon. Clocked right up with current models (3+ GHz) with a generation or two lag behind the i-Core models. Basically a single-core i3 with no HT.

Pretty solid choice if you're on a tight budget, although going above $100 is highly recommended for a $110 FX6350 or $120 i3 (far better than the FX model for single-core applications).

Of course all of these are US-centric stuff I'm familiar with, your choices might be different.

also...i find the megawar system sucks on GOT mod.

Dorne i had to reconquer because it wouldnt decide to come back in after the conquest of Westros.

Also, Dragons OP. NERF NOW. :p

I wanted to post a screenshot but for some reason it wasn't taken. Playing as Scotland, daughter born was named Bride. So she was Princess Bride of Scotland.

also...i find the megawar system sucks on GOT mod.

Dorne i had to reconquer because it wouldnt decide to come back in after the conquest of Westros.

Also, Dragons OP. NERF NOW. :p

The biggest problem is that mega wars messes up complitely factions and plots. Also you need to constantly micromanage vassals because they change master all the time.

Top Bottom