Super Smash Bros. is coming to the Wii U and 3DS

One of the games necessary for a Wii U for me. The others being 3D Mario, Zelda, and (usually) a Metroid game.

I'm really hoping this game does all of the co-op stuff right, Brawl is still one of the only games that my brother and I can play together without fighting every 5 min.

Man... I might just have to get a wii U for this. Adding a wii U zelda and mario kart wouldn't hurt either.

One of the games necessary for a Wii U for me. The others being 3D Mario, Zelda, and (usually) a Metroid game.

I'm really hoping this game does all of the co-op stuff right, Brawl is still one of the only games that my brother and I can play together without fighting every 5 min.

I just hope they fix the online multiplayer. Obviously playing with people in the same room is more fun, but the brawl online play is super laggy.

Besides Wii Fit Trainer, which I think is really stupid, this is super exiciting, and I can't wait! This alone will make me get a Wii U, and it coming out in /2014/ is really suprising. They said they started working on this after Uprising was finished, which was at best two years ago. Granted, Brawl took about three years to finish as well, but they got the hype train rolling from the very start instead of waiting until almost release.

Also, Little Mac. I, along with some people on Reddit, think he's going to go in with that boxing ring stage. He'd be a cool character, and would fit the "old NES character" theme previously done with the Ice Climbers and Pit and he was an assist trophy in Brawl. Plus an all punching character would be awesome!

My Wish Lists:

Returning Fighters:

Spoiler :
*Wario
*Diddy Kong
*Toon Link (who might not be making an appearance since he seems to be piloting the Spirit Tracks)
*ROB
*Meta-Knight
*Olimar
*Wolf
*Pokemon Trainer
*Ike
*Lucas
*Mr. Game & Watch
*Solid Snake
*Sonic the Hedgehog
*Dr. Mario (It bums me out he didn’t appear in Brawl. He should have, he was a good character.)

Newcoming Fighters:

Spoiler :
*Bowser Jr.
*Saki Amamiya (C’mon, he made an appearance as an assist trophy in SSBB, why can’t he be a playable character?)
*Poo (In Earthbound, not only was Poo a powerful fighter but had very powerful PSI Attacks. In SSBB, He would basically be a cross between Ness and Captain Falcon.)
*Krystal
*Little Mac (Like Saki, Mac made an appearance as an assist trophy in SSBB. Unlike Saki, he got a new game on the Wii. It would be pretty unfair to not let him appear in the next game.)
*Mike Jones
*Any character from the Advance Wars series (I don’t care who)
*Meowth
*Mii
*Kyle Hyde
*Isaac (Like Saki and Mac, he made an appearance as an assist trophy in SSB so why can’t he become a playable character?)
*Tails (C’mon, where is Sonic without Tails? Tails would make an excellent addition to the Smash Bros. Series.)
*Mad Dog and Scorpion (Contra is probably one of the most iconic Video Games for the NES. The fact that Contra and Metal Gear Solid are made by the same company would make a fine 2nd addition to SSB from Konami’s Library. They could work like the Ice Climbers in that you would be controlling 2 people at the same time. I’d also like to see a special Konami Code Taunt for them.)
*Phoenix Wright (If the other parties are going to get a second character, Capcom should throw in Phoenix as he is an iconic DS character.)
*Toon Zelda and Tetra (Since Zelda turns into Shiek, Toon Zelda should turn into Tetra.)
*Ray MK II (Well appeared as an Assist Trophy. Also, Nintendo should know that if you have a playable character from a Japan-only Nintendo game appear in SSB, it will increase the awareness of said game in the States.)
*Travis Touchdown (If I remember correctly, Supa 51 wanted Travis to appear in the next Smash Bros. which is why he made No More Heroes Wii Exclusive. But I heard this from a friend, so it might not be true.)
*Rocket Slime (Well, Dragon Age characters crossed over with Mario in Fortune Street. The Slime was an iconic character from Dragon Age.)

New Stages:

Spoiler :
*Happy Happy Village (For those who have not played Earthbound, Happy Happy Village is a cult compound for the Happy Happyists. The reason I’d like to see this in the game is because I liked this area in Earthbound for some reason. Although, now that I think about it, Nintendo wouldn’t allow it since the Happy Happyists look like KKK members. So they could add...)
*Saturn Valley (Saturn Valley is the home to the Mr. Saturns. What would be great about this stage is the fact that Saturn Valley defies all logic which could create some unique gameplay.)
*Gyromite (C’mon! ROB needs a stage, doesn’t he?)
*Level 1-1 (Admit it, Nintendo. Fallout: Mario Mushroomy Kingdom is probably the worst stage in SSBB. Although the concept was nice, the delivery was awful. It’s not the Mushroom Kingdom! It’s something that looks like the Mushroom Kingdom. Instead, Nintendo should have a recreation of the first SMB level in 8-Bit.)

New Items:

Spoiler :
*Feather (gives you a cape and the ability to float.)

New Assist Trophies:

Spoiler :
*Stanley the Bugman
*Balloon Fighter
*Eggplant Wizard

Changes:

Spoiler :
*Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, ROB, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mr. Game and Watch need better Final Smashes. Their current ones suck!
*Make the Ray Gun a NES Zapper
*Either Sonic’s B-Side or B-Down move should change as both are the same
*Speaking of Sonic, he should not make a last minute appearance in the Story Mode, like he did in the Subspace Emissary.
*PK Starstorm should change to PSI Rockin for Ness and PK Love for Lucas
*Zero Suit Samus should be selectable from the Choose Your Character screen
*Giygas should be a boss in the story mode.

Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, ROB, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mr. Game and Watch need better Final Smashes. Their current ones suck!

Pikachu has one of the best smashes in the entire game (Probably only behind Sonic, Snake and Marth, in no particular order). One of the few that allow you to KO a character multiple times if you know what you're doing. DK's final smash isn't that bad, you just need a sense of timing with the beat of the drums. Game and Watch's final smash is also a decent one, although it is hard to use at first. Luigi and Ice Climber's Final Smashes aren't designed for directly killing, but both provide a way for easy kills for yourself. I agree the rest are bad.

Characters I want to see in SSB4:
Pokémon Trainer without stamina (Being able to to play as any of the three without worrying about them getting weaker allows better strategy. Stamina holds back Pokémon Trainer from being an otherwise great character)
Mewtwo (My favorite character in Melee, and only non-clone cut in Brawl. Really sad to see him go, even if he sucked competitively. For the level I played, he was awesome)

Ganondorf with his sword (Stop it with the clones. Ganondorf being one of Captian Falcon is just wasting his potential of him. The only clone I liked more than the original was Roy, which, speaking of)

Roy (Love him as a character, but he needs to be more than just a fire based Marth with his sweetspot in a different place. If they Luigified him, that would be amazing)

Little Mac (See last post)

Ridley (Size is not an issue when he was Samus's height in the first Metroid. Plus, he would be a completely original character unlike Dark Samus)

Ray Mk. II (I second Martin's sentiments, even if Ray Mk. III was the one that appeared in Brawl. II's more human-like design makes me prefer him over III though)

Vaati (Honestly, I think we have enough Zelda characters already, but I'd rather have an original character over another Toon one. Speaking of which, if we must have a second Link, Young Link would be prefable. Majora's Mask beats Wind Waker any day of the week)

Geno (Square owns the rights to him, so I doubt it will actually happen. Still, I think he might have a chance considering everyone who ever played Mario RPG wants him in, including me)

Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow (More F-Zero characters in general are good, as the only series from the original eight with still only one representative, and they are the two main characters besides Captain Falcon. Samurai Goroh's assist trophy could be the basis for an aggressive yet unprecise sword user, and Black Shadow could possibly take over current Ganondorf if he finally gets a unique moveset)

Snover (I CAN DREAM :p)

That's about it for my suggestions for now

Pikachu has one of the best smashes in the entire game (Probably only behind Sonic, Snake and Marth, in no particular order). One of the few that allow you to KO a character multiple times if you know what you're doing.

I was never able to control Pikachu's smash as all, it was more of a luck factor for me whether or not I KO'd anyone with it.

since i suck badly at fighting games(though this is more of a mindless brawler), i don't think i'll ever wanna buy this unless they put 151 of the original pokeymans into it. or magikarp.

I was never able to control Pikachu's smash as all, it was more of a luck factor for me whether or not I KO'd anyone with it.

I feel that's more of your problem than anything else. I can control Volt Tackle quite well, and I can indeed get a double KO if everything goes rights (I usually play 1v1, if that changes anything).

Her idea for a Final Smash, while funny, sounds more like a taunt.

:agree:

Hate tripping? Good news...

Story found when browsing Something Awful's thread on the upcoming SSB game(s).

HALLELUJAH!!!

In relative news Sakurai and the Smash Team are having fun with the screenshots! :D

Spoiler :

Hello!

I have not seen the puffball and the mouse anywhere.

Now listen my minion...

Kooper boxing!

Up, down, up, down, up, down... good work! Keep it up!

Keep calm Bowser... the dog won't notice as long you do not move...

Kirby is stuck! How are we going to get this big eater out?

Overall: :goodjob:

Top Bottom