Space Engineers - coming soon

That looks HELLA cool!

So it looks like you can build and design your own ships? Is there going to be a competitive element to this? Or is it Minecraft-in-space style?

I don't know much about it yet, just saw the video and thought I'd share. They have a site and are on steam early access.

^^ there's more videos on their site. Looks maybe a bit like minecraft in space, but not quite as blocky.

Also found this game, which seems way more like minecraft in space:

Link to video.

Space Engineers is pretty neat! I've already built a basic NX-01 and I'm building an NCC 1701 from the Original series in the bottom of the screenshot. The best part? It all has interiors and quarters and such.

Seems interesting. But the great next thing is going to be X-Rebirth which is about to be released in a couple of weeks. (or so i hope, surely it will be another deception like most big games released lately)

You are building from the official floorplans or kind of inventing your own?

Not exactly. I wanted to build it 1:1 but even just scaling it so that there were two decks in the saucer part, I could already see fog distance on the other end of the saucer.

There's plenty of quarters though and I took some creative liberties with putting observation lounges on the port and starboard sides. Here's some more pics

For a sense of scale.

So the game is just sandbox right now - you build whatever you want and fly ships into eachother? What are the plans for career mode, or whatever, if any?

It seems like it's just sandbox right now but there'll come a time in the future where you'll get to harvest materials and do construction in later versions. It's initial development is reminding me a whole lot about when minecraft was first in development. It was just a small map and it was only creative back in 2009.

So it basically is just Space Minecraft? You can't actually do anything with the ships like fly them around and do missions? You just build them with textured blocks?

Hmm not really interested if that's the case.

Oh no you can fly them around. Here's a picture of my Daedalus Class after being smashed into an asteroid.

Oh no you can fly them around. Here's a picture of my Daedalus Class after being smashed into an asteroid.

I suggest raising forward shields next time ?

Top Bottom