Jibberish or the real languages?

thay are speaking some a mix of nonsense that has a few real words thrown in.

Im alright about the jibberish except...........

Why cant the english talk ENGLISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I played one round of the demo and the jibberish was annoying already. That's probably the one 'feature' I liked least in sid meier's pirates.

It doesn't bother me too much, in some cases i actually like it.

Why cant the english talk ENGLISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because every other civ speaks that way?
To be honest,what else would they say? Honestly i feel the Diplomatic text being spoken would get old rather fast.

It saddens me that Civ is going farther in that weird direction.

First cartoonish leaderheads and diplo lines in Civ 4, and now jibberish in Revolutions? What's next!?

Archers beating tanks OH WAIT! (Yeah, I went there) :p

On-topic: I think the jibberish is funny, atleast when Alexander is talking. He sounds like he's saying "pronography" lol.

It doesn't bother me too much, in some cases i actually like it.

Because every other civ speaks that way?
To be honest,what else would they say? Honestly i feel the Diplomatic text being spoken would get old rather fast.

So your saying jibberish is less annoying than human talk, yeah

maybe they could have a option of having people speak a certain language, like on DVD's

The game does have a few real words thrown in, my fluent Spanish friend could translate what Isabella was saying. For example, when you put the selection over "Sell Technology" she would say, "Give me your secrets, give me your secrets."

Even if most of it is gibberish, I find it hilarious. It gives the game a light, comedic feel.

if most of it is gibberish, I find it hilarious. It gives the game a light, comedic feel.

As someone who always felt like getting into the serious PC installments was a daunting task, I appreciate the caricaturistic presentation and the gibberish. As a first-time Civ player (well, the demo at least), I find it much more accessible and inviting.

When they made 'The Sims' 1 and 2 they used gibberish to stop conversations becoming repetive and its the same here,

also it reduces on costs, making the game cheaper for us to buy, also it's hilarious.

Uugh. What annoying rubbish. They used real languages before, why not again? Or is this part of the stripped down approach to appeal to "console gamers"?

I bet the gibberish translates into "duuh, let's go smoke."

Top Bottom