Caveman 2 Cosmos

Please take the following updates off my update list since they are redundant or cancel each othr out.

Reduced food % stored by Colony Arcology and Launch Arcology.
Reduced food % stored by Storage Pit and Icehouse.
Reduced food % stored by Warehouse.
Reduced food % stored by Granary and Modern Granary.
Increased food % stored by Colony Arcology and Launch Arcology.

Food % stored restored to original stats for Colony Arcology, Launch Arcology, Storage Pit, Ice House, Warehouse, Granary and Modern Granary

As you can see I had to undo all that.

- All Hunting buildings now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Trapping buildings now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Fishing buildings now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Fossil buildings now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Pet buildings (that gave goods) now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Mineral buildings (that gave goods) now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Crop buildings (that gave goods) now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
Updating the Herd buildings for Good (Carcass).
- All Crafting buildings (that gave goods) now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Goods buildings (that gave goods) now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Pet buildings (that gave goods) now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Transportation buildings (that gave goods) now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.
- All Tweak buildings (that gave goods) now only gives Free Goods on the same continent.

And these I had to change to spread like goods once Koshling made new code for it.

Adding AIAndy's Python thingy that adds the new terrains with several standard scripts.
AIAndy's fix for the graphics error of Barren to Scrub and Permafrost to Dunes.
Adding AIAndy's Python thingy that adds the new terrains with several standard scripts.
AIAndy's fix for the graphics error of Barren to Scrub and Permafrost to Dunes.

And these should go under AIAndy. I just added his stuff before he had access to the SVN.

Dancing Hoskuld v16 Changes:

• Add balloon units.

• Wow! Did I do all that! Since some of the things in the list were fixes to other things added in the same version my list should read something like.

• Add new units - Balloons and worker units.
      Add new terrain features - crater, fossils, rock out crops, cactus and prickly pear and others (from DuneWars and others)
      Fix art for Sea Improvements. Actually there is still a bug and a problem. The becon is upgrading even if you don't have the tech for the upgrade. Automated, and pesumably AI, work boats are not building the new improvements.
      Require the Propaganda Civic to be able to build the Propaganda Net wonder.

Religions:-
      • Modularize the religion buildings in Hydro's mods so that removal of a religion doesn't cause crash/errors.
      • Allow Voodoo dog unit to upgrade to the normal dog units.
      • Stop auto spread of first three religions.
      • Further changes to Druid and Shaman religions now that they are not auto spreading.
      Move modules into core files for speed increase and mod download size reduction.
      • Move all the processes from the modules into core files. Espionage, Idle, Meager and Lesser.
      • Move Scotland Yard fix into core files. Spy units get 3 exp.
      • Added in a standard BtS tag I use often but is not in the base unit schema.
      • Merge Canoes, Trade Caravan extensions and Fortification units into the core files.
      • Update the game text for the merchant/caravan units strategy.
      • All wild (but not subdued) animals are now in the core files.

Subdue Animals and resources
      • New Hunter line of units better at capturing animals but not so god on exploration
      • Mammoth herd now provides mammoth resource.
      • Obsolete Hunting Instruction later so that early ships get a chance against crocs.
      • Fix so you can capture crocs.
      • Update BUG Unit Naming so Hunter units are named correctly.
      • New animal unit buttons from Hydro.
      • Animals now use new spawn method.
      • Add in but not "release" Alternate Timeline units Zebra Cavalry.
      • Release the Kraken.
      • Fix resource placement if capture animal
      • Add in zebra and subdued zebra plus buildings so that Zebra units can be built.

Adjust the hurry production modifiers on the slave and caravan units to be more consistent.
      Partisan mod :- source of error mentioned elsewhere
      • Add partisan mod by GIR/stolenrays
      • Expand Partisans to have the chance that they capture siege and Armour units.
      • Remove current Partisan event now that we have the Partisan mod.
      Worker upgrades and improvements.
      Move some of my art into a FPk file. (YEAH) Mostly those causing install problems.

Wow! Did I do all that!

Yes SIR:goodjob: Thats a mighty impressive list of fixes/changes:thanx:

You notice were i have the (Yeah):joke:

And these should go under AIAndy. I just added his stuff before he had access to the SVN.

Done, and both of you :thanx:

Yes i am NOT good at all putting things like they are supposed to look, so thx for that. Thats why its so IMPORTANT to put "exactly" what you do in the SVN message area.;)

If the rest of the "team" want to do this also (hint, hint), would appreciate it, but i have no idea on how to do mine, sorry, like i said i am not good at all at that stuff:blush::sad: (Thats why i like DH's signature, looks great for me.

So this is a different v17 from what was released 9-11-2011?

JosEPh :confused:

That one was NOT supposed to be released sorry.

Actually alot of difference about terrains and quick fixes and way better features etc. So i guess YES.:p

Having never played the SVN's, may I say that the terrain changes look awesome - although I used to be able to see at a glance where to put cities, now I'll need to learn what each different terrain gives. First time in ages I've actually had the plot yield toggle on!

Having never played the SVN's, may I say that the terrain changes look awesome - although I used to be able to see at a glance where to put cities, now I'll need to learn what each different terrain gives. First time in ages I've actually had the plot yield toggle on!

Yeah they are much more complex now. If you want lots of food go with "Lush" terrain and if you want lots of hammers go with "Rocky" terrain. Also its a lot harder to get across the map due to the movement penalties such as Marsh (costs 3), Dunes (cost 4) or Ice (Cost 4).

I am really having fun on these new maps. In my current game I settled in a nice little valley with a volcano billowing out smoke on the far east side. With the Neanderthals and tarpits arpund it really looked like I was back in some prehistoric world.

Weirdly, the vicinity resource requirement (Spice) of Culture (India) is ignored, and.. that (Salt) of Culture (Israeli), too. It isn't shown up in Civilopedia and I can build it with just jungle, desert respectively.
I have no idea about a reason. Others work well.

Culture (Incan), Culture (Japanese) also don't require vicinity resource.
Dependency tag somehow causes this problem. I'll try removing it.

Weirdly, the vicinity resource requirement (Spice) of Culture (India) is ignored, and.. that (Salt) of Culture (Israeli), too. It isn't shown up in Civilopedia and I can build it with just jungle, desert respectively.
I have no idea about a reason. Others work well.

I get the same thing. Yet when I look at the file it has <VicinityBonus>BONUS_SALT</VicinityBonus> for Culture (Israeli). This is very weird!

I get the same thing. Yet when I look at the file it has <VicinityBonus>BONUS_SALT</VicinityBonus> for Culture (Israeli). This is very weird!

I wonder if the dependancy stuff is causing the problem. Move it out of that file and into another that loads later and see if that fixes it. It is just possible that having the two definitions for the same building in the same file may be causing the problem. Use the one in the latest SVN as I updated it today.;)

That one was NOT supposed to be released sorry.

Actually alot of difference about terrains and quick fixes and way better features etc. So i guess YES.:p

Well I'm up to 860AD and it's played nicely so far. Guess I'll d/l the 15th version tomorrow night after work.

JosEPh :)

<BuildingClassProductionModifier> for Shrine of Bab isn't needed. It can be built only with Great Prophet (It even doesn't have production cost like other Shrines.).
Considering the compatible issue, it should be removed.

Repeatable crashes[/B] are the ones that stop the game completely and will NOT auto save from that point on, those are the ones that will be focused on.

Make sure you have your Maximum Compatibility savedgame available and your logs, and post them in this forum.

Yes but how do i post a save file and how do i access and post my logs?

I wonder if the dependancy stuff is causing the problem. Move it out of that file and into another that loads later and see if that fixes it. It is just possible that having the two definitions for the same building in the same file may be causing the problem. Use the one in the latest SVN as I updated it today.;)

What did you change in Tweaks_CIV4BuildingInfos and UB_CIV4BuildingInfos ?

EDIT: Nevermind I found the <AndDependencyTypes> fields now.

<BuildingClassProductionModifier> for Shrine of Bab isn't needed. It can be built only with Great Prophet (It even doesn't have production cost like other Shrines.).
Considering the compatible issue, it should be removed.

Good point.

EDIT2: And Done.

Once I took out the Shrine of Bab the Culture (Israeli) now has Salt in the Vicinity as a requriment.

The only ones that don't show up are Incan, Indian and Japanese now, which are the ones that you added the <DependencyType> stuff to.

I am not sure how to fix it without taking out that stuff. What should be done?

Once I took out the Shrine of Bab the Culture (Israeli) now has Salt in the Vicinity as a requriment.

The only ones that don't show up are Incan, Indian and Japanese now, which are the ones that you added the <DependencyType> stuff to.

I am not sure how to fix it without taking out that stuff. What should be done?

Put that dependancy stuff in a different file. I have vicinity stuff working with dependancy stuff but they are just in different files. I call mine zDepens_BuildingInfos.xml so it loads last.

Put that dependancy stuff in a different file. I have vicinity stuff working with dependancy stuff but they are just in different files. I call mine zDepens_BuildingInfos.xml so it loads last.
I tried that and they still don't show up. :mad:

EDIT: And now magically when I remove the new zDepens_BuildingInfos.xml from the folder the 3 buildings are fine again and have the city vicinity requirements there. :mad::mad:

Why is <DependencyType> blocking the city vicinity code?

I tried that and they still don't show up. :mad:

EDIT: And now magically when I remove the new zDepens_BuildingInfos.xml from the folder the 3 buildings are fine again and have the city vicinity requirements there. :mad::mad:

Why is <DependencyType> blocking the city vicinity code?

No idea. Both are dll functions. The AndDependancy stuff is WoC the Vicinity stuff was added later.

Haven't played this version for very long yet, but I just want to say that the new terrain looks AMAZING, it looks like a completely different game!

Yes but how do i post a save file and how do i access and post my logs?

When you make a post here one of the icons in the top row looks like a paperclip - that's the button to press to attach files, and should allow you to post save games etc.

Top Bottom