I cant believe I brought this tripe

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make it less complicated for us console dummies :D

You said it, not me. But I heartily agree, that's the one and only purpose of this product. I played the PS3 demo for 5 minutes out of curiosity. It was everything I expected--Civ For Real Dummies.

i think it suits console play perfectly

i do not want to sit down with my 360 and have to micromanage what type of toilet paper each of my 10 billion citizens are going to use to wipe their arses

there is enough depth to make the small decisions important and effect the game as a whole yet at the same time to pace is kept high enough for a console game, great job sid!

I don't know if I will bring this game now since I have read this thread. :)

Seriously though, I would have to buy a DS and I can't find too many other worthwhile games to justify the purchase. But enough of my life story... :lol:

I would expect CivRev to be a fair bit easier than the previous civ games, but it worries me people are already mastering Deity level. The replayability of the game is what is still being tested and this is not a good sign.

By the way, I have no idea how it would be possible to get a patch for a DS game, firstly because I've heard there is no PROM or flash ROM, and secondly how to connect to the internet without any other console available.

I've had the game a month now and I'm really enjoying it. I've played all the Civs (Civ2 a hell of a lot) but I don't really want to spend 20+ hours on a game anymore, the 4 or 5 hours CivRev takes is a great way to fill an afternoon.

Its CivLite for consoles, but no worse for it IMHO. I don't know what people expected, it was perfectly obvious where the game was being pitched from day one...

I played it again last night and megacited. This game is poor.

Civ4 is not the best in the series either for the person that wrote that because you are really only fighting one opponent even though they are presented to you as differant civilizations. They work together against you.

I played it again last night and megacited. This game is poor.

Civ4 is not the best in the series either for the person that wrote that because you are really only fighting one opponent even though they are presented to you as differant civilizations. They work together against you.

No they don't. I'd be surprised if you even have one AI feature or game rule to back that statement up.

There are the odd differences between the AI-human and AI-AI diplomacy, but they are hardly enough to turn the game into an AI vs. human player only game.

Have you never seen an AI declare war on another AI in civ4? Maybe you haven't played the game?

If you bring your citizens inside your city they produce trade +1production. Build Caravans and sell them as they are completed. Its quick, it pays off, and it stops going into the city all the time

Nonsense. Why do people make up things like that?

I'm starting to think that this John guy is just trolling everyone. Either that, or he's the most angry and judgemental gamer ever.

What were the makers thiking when they released civilization revloution.

Its the worst civilization game I've ever played. Even Civ2 on PS2 was better than this rubbish.

I have to say that I think Civ1 is even better than it. At least that was open ended if you wanted.

It seems to me they've made half a game and released it to make a quick buck. Why else would they step back 10 years?

Im sorry john that i dont have time to play an 8 hour game.

Im sorry that i dont want to save the game 5 times and play it for the whole school week, just to finish a game.

And Im sorry that finally i can play 1 or 2 games a day.

I apoligize for doing other things in the day

I don't know if I will bring this game now since I have read this thread. :)

Seriously though, I would have to buy a DS and I can't find too many other worthwhile games to justify the purchase. But enough of my life story... :lol:

I would expect CivRev to be a fair bit easier than the previous civ games, but it worries me people are already mastering Deity level. The replayability of the game is what is still being tested and this is not a good sign.

By the way, I have no idea how it would be possible to get a patch for a DS game, firstly because I've heard there is no PROM or flash ROM, and secondly how to connect to the internet without any other console available.

it is worth buying a DS just for the advance wars games

it is worth buying a DS just for the advance wars games

Even just for single player?

Actually I have AW so I'm a little familiar with the series, though I think it has progressed a fair way since that game. I might have to wait a while for when the DS (lite) is superceded and becomes cheaper as a result. By then I'll know whether CivRev is worth it too.

Im sorry john that i dont have time to play an 8 hour game.

Im sorry that i dont want to save the game 5 times and play it for the whole school week, just to finish a game.

And Im sorry that finally i can play 1 or 2 games a day.

I apoligize for doing other things in the day

Well, you should be sorry, since you're a self-professed 'civoholic!' ;)

Well, you should be sorry, since you're a self-professed 'civoholic!' ;)

Um, its just a name, i thought it was kind of funny.
Whats with your name ''dojoboy''?

Okay. John's entitled to dislike the game, for any reason at all, including "none whatsoever". It's his personal opinion, and he's entitled to it, and he's entitled to voice that opinion on these forums. But this thread has just gone downhill, very quickly. So:

Moderator Action: Thread closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom