Renderer Error

New patch and still same issues. I turned down all of the graphics settings and followed the suggestions in the Nvidia Control Panel. Game still goes to the Renderer error. Dang it.

Have you tried starting a new game?

Argh my solution was only temporary! Then not only my games but you tube videos started crashing too. I got an RMA for my graphics card, nothing is working without driver reset errors now :(

Could it be that I am running two monitors? When playing Civ, I don't have anything running on that screen so I wouldn't expect that to cause issues.

Could it be that I am running two monitors? When playing Civ, I don't have anything running on that screen so I wouldn't expect that to cause issues.

I'm also running two monitors, but generally when I playgames, I only run one at a time.

That error message just started appearing for me today. I have been running Gods and Kings since last week and it was fine. Today it is crashing every 10-15 minutes. I have a 9800GT. I tried updating my nvidia driver to 301.42, but it had no effect.

Dxdiag attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    27.5 KB · Views: 87
Things are going well then hit render error again when I clicked on espionage icon after Washington Stole a tech in the late game. Game was loading up the leader as is usual when these crashes happen.

I left terrain texture on low but had bumped up leaders to medium this time. Last game I had finished with my problems leaving both on low, but leaders were so fugly, like weathermen infront of a green screen XD

DXdiag was posted earlier in this thread.

Things are going well then hit render error again when I clicked on espionage icon after Washington Stole a tech in the late game. Game was loading up the leader as is usual when these crashes happen.

I left terrain texture on low but had bumped up leaders to medium this time. Last game I had finished with my problems leaving both on low, but leaders were so fugly, like weathermen infront of a green screen XD

DXdiag was posted earlier in this thread.

Had a long run on all-High graphics @ 1920x1200, 4xAA - over an hour. Only change was (i think) turning OFF VSync.

My GPU was running flat out for most of the time though, up over 90'C - which is definitely too hot for sustained usage.

Argh my solution was only temporary! Then not only my games but you tube videos started crashing too. I got an RMA for my graphics card, nothing is working without driver reset errors now :(

Best of luck to you. As I noted I seriously doubted that was a "fix" or a solution. If you get your money back I personally would go for the Gigabyte or Asus card over that of the KFA.

Again good luck, especially in getting a refund.

Follow up based on discussion in this thread: Changed 3D settings from 'let 3d application decide' to prefer Performance (over quality)

Still got a render error, but the game ended. Starting a new game now.

This started happening to me yesterday. First in G&K, then in one other application (but I couldn't reproduce it outside of G&K at all).

Win 7 32bit
Geforce 8800GT
3.02 GHz AMD Athlon x2 6000+

I'm pretty sure G&K is the cause at this point.

edit: Can play regular Civ5 just fine. I guess its up to Firaxis now to fix it.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone experiencing the render error but I've appeared to have fixed my issue with this error; 5 hours playing so far with no crash.

I am running a GeForce 8800 GTX, Win 7 64bit, and just updated my drivers to 304.79 Beta from Guru3D.

I changed the leader scene quality setting from the options within the game to minimal also. All other options are as default, no turning down of textures, etc.

Hope this may help some people having problems.

The client now crashes as soon as I load a game. Vanilla Civ5 works perfectly. They should really consider patching this during the steam summer sale.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone experiencing the render error but I've appeared to have fixed my issue with this error; 5 hours playing so far with no crash.

I am running a GeForce 8800 GTX, Win 7 64bit, and just updated my drivers to 304.79 Beta from Guru3D.

I changed the leader scene quality setting from the options within the game to minimal also. All other options are as default, no turning down of textures, etc.

Hope this may help some people having problems.

Good post. :goodjob:

The nVidia site also has the driver available in their Beta drivers. It's not WHQL, so install at own risk, but the release notes for the driver specifically indicate that it has a compatability fix for Civ 5 for 400 and 500 series GeForce cards. I've downloaded it, will have a try.

I am new to CV and just installed the GOTY version. Immediately, I am having the same render error. Please, can any one help? I am not very that savvy on computer/gaming. Here is my DXDIAG shot:
Spoiler :

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/24/2012, 18:24:00
Machine name: USER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7522
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM
Page File: 1761MB used, 10506MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0614&SUBSYS_2704107D&REV_A2
Display Memory: 3309 MB
Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
Shared Memory: 2811 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM05FB
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2umx.dll, nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.15.0011.8593 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.11.8593
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/14/2009 09:41:53, 9443840 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4554-11CF-5C52-0F0702C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0614
SubSys ID: 0x2704107D
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Driver Strong Name: nv_lh.inf:NVIDIA.Mfg.NTamd64...1:nv_G9x:8.15.11.8593:pci\ven_10de&dev_0614
Rank Of Driver: 00EC2001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

Using a 9800GT and Civ V @ 1920x1080 will require some eye candy settings to be reduced for a more fluid experience.

Also your GPU drivers are almost as old as the card..... 7/14/2009

As you snipped the DX Diag you can check out and update, if required, your audio drivers.

Top Bottom