Barbarian turn lag

MattDL

Chieftain
So while I play every time it is the barbarians turn to go my game lags a little and freezes. I am wondering if there is a fix for this or if it is just a known bug.

How many cities and units do you have? The lag is actually the computer doing the math and changes that you did in your last turn. It is the same reason that you receive your golden age benefits at the start of the countdown. The last turn of a golden age, does not give you any benefits because the game is configuring your turn after the barbarians and before it hands it back to you to move units and make changes in your cities. This increases the more cities and units you have.

You may speed it up by turning on auto unit cycle and/or auto turn cycle. If it is not checked it does not complete actions until the lag. I think that if it is checked it may finalize all units moves during the time you are moving them. I find it useful if the game does not do that for me and I need to reassign workers. If you are used to hitting on the back or forth arrow above the unit box in the lower left corner, it will take you to the next unit that needs a command and skips over units that are currently doing a command. I think that "auto unit cycle" completes all units actions for that turn, but I may be wrong. I know that when you do it manually it definitely does not finalize a units move until the above mentioned lag.

Top Bottom