FfH2 0.33 Changelog

The only thing I ever posted a fix on was allowing the Circle of Gaelan to spread to cities which had a Mage Guild via Catacomb LIbralus instead of actually building it themselves. The small catch was that the Guild was checking for NumRealBuildings (you built it) instead of NumBuildings (you have it by any means).

While the fix should be about the same for most of the other cases mentioned, there isn't quite an guarantee that it will be. And most likely the fix for the alternatively reported Basium issue is completely unrelated.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

23. Water bonuses won't spawn 3 tiles away from the coast.
Strangely enough, this is one of the changes I am looking forward to the most. ;)
EDIT: Actually forget what I wrote before, I added this myself to 0.32l and it was easier done than I thought.

Hey Tolerance will make peaceful city trading an interesting business for the Elohim, and an alternative to conquest. Unless city foundership is reset after trading. :( You know, just like all culture is changed to yours.

well hearing that 0.33 will have performance tweaks is just awesome. I was wondering f these upcoming tweaks will lead to sizeable performance increases, or if it will just help those with low-end machines... I have a core2 @1.66 with 3 gigs of ddr2 and as it stands now huge maps become highly unplayable late-game, although it's not lightning quick at the very start of the game either. I dont know about you guys, but when the waits between turns become longer than the actual gaming, I usually get bored and start a new game :D

right now I'm playing on standard size and it runs smooth, maybe I'll try large and see if it's a good compromise between gameplay and performance... but still, I find myself wondering if 0.33 will allow me to play my beloved huge maps :D

all i can say is wow....

the overall balance changes that are suggested for 33 are simply amazing.

1- the sheaim lose their leader that basically heads the AV (dropping spiritual to go industrious). why industrious?

2- you just gave the balseraphs the ability to do the 3 turn smash with aoe casters in addition to ground troops. aka - 1 caster capable of tsunami can stack it to hit 3 - 5 times in a single turn.

3- can the elohim upgrade units of BORGd cities? the eater of dreams causes me to question.

4- hyborems AV priests now get both buffs to increase xp gain? ( i assume thats the reason for adjusting the sheaim traits.

5- love the change to aristocracy , unsure on the agrarian bit , but now its at least useful to run aristocracy as a choice vs city states or god king. synergy for calabim with aristocracy and the order is nicely improved.

all in all alot of changes that need to be thought about.

as a thought ,

agriculture - 2 food per farm
agrarian - 1 food per farm , 1 healthy per farm

this would offer a choice between late game and early game farming techniques , then put agrarian someplace else.

Hmm, do you mean it got ice-locked?

I can't wait for new events to take the amount of constallation events down! KEEP ADDING MORE!

Or at least make the constellation events have some choices you can actually benefit from early on. When a event pops up that requires a religion way before anyone could ever have that religion it just feels wasted.

Overall, I love the changes. I hope Kael & Co are testing all the civs, not just those getting direct changes, as I think some of these changes will seriously impact other civ's balance. I still hope blasting workshops get moved up to sorcery (I haven't played in a while, but last i knew they came at elementalism). As it is, Luchirp are still overpowered (ymmv, but wood golems throwing fireballs when everyone else may be building champions just isn't balanced) What makes mages semi-balanced was that they were easier to kill...not true with golems.

The changes are certainly intriguing.

someone mentioned the idea of a Kuriotate leader without the sprawling trait and replacing it with tolerant, and the response was that the kuriotate civ was designed with the inherent game balancing restriction of fewer cities. so, what if this second Kurio leader's settlements could do more than expand cultural borders. Say, growth cost being 4 food per population instead of two and limited buildings options. like being able to build palisades and walls and military buildings and units with a much reduced production output?

they would be like underpowered mini cities but would make capturing opponent's cities worth it for this second kurio leader.

Also, what do y'all think about being able to terraform water? I mean, basically I'm talking about being able to destroy ice so that cities near the the poles can work the water. maybe all it would take is letting fireballs melt the ice or Tsunami breaking it apart or one of the ship technologies include icebreaking so ships could carve swaths through the ice. Then the ice could reform after a while and you'd have to do it all over again.

Just a coupla thoughts

Overall, I love the changes. I hope Kael & Co are testing all the civs, not just those getting direct changes, as I think some of these changes will seriously impact other civ's balance.
Not really. That's your job. We can try to test it between now and then, but that isn't really enough data to decide balance issues (unless something is wildly out of whack.)

And well all take great pride in (ahem) working our fingers to the bone and sweating our seats wet to make sure this mod is balanced. I mean its not like we are playing the best mod out there, but life is hard and we must all pitch in.... ;)

Thx Kael for made more balance game right now ,small but good changes.I'm very courious new building graphics :)

Maybe some changes also with Tech tree and civics?

Civics some of them like City States or Agriculture are overpowered some are useless
My proposition

City States get 25% or more war weariness and -50% maintenance
Agriculture -1 or -2 hammer from Mines
Aristocracy +1gold from farm

definetely upgrade other civics ,use or a change a little civics from CIV4 and will be much better than now.Some civics to science some to great people birth to give us more fun with Your mod more solution to build dream empire on other ways than population and production.

and tech tree especially with free engineer from Engineering technology and most powerful wonder like Guild of Hammers for free is overpowered also.Maybe change building Guild of Hammers to MIthril Working for example

I think that this changes made game in Your mod a more exiting than now because it is only one or two ways good win solutions right now

Link to my game on emperor lvl,You can find what good Civ multiplayer doing with AI.... overpowered combination like citystates+agriculture and pls look at opponents cities sizes .It is unbalanced like hell.If u want I will put my Deity game also.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=279992

It is my dream to put more magic items like in HOMM :) some blessed/cursed swords rings or amulets

and tech tree especially with free engineer from Engineering technology and most powerful wonder like Guild of Hammers for free is overpowered also.Maybe change building Guild of Hammers to MIthril Working for example
The free engineer has already been moved, to Machinery.

Top Bottom