Morocco discussion

I am totally playing this civ the first time I play the Scramble for Africa scenario.

Greetings all from the official 2k Board! I wanted to check with you guys that I'm reading this right: rival trade routes made TO morocco net the rival +2 gold? I guess that means there's a big cash dolla bill incentive for sending their routes to you -- which in turn helps out Morocco more. Just like Sweden's DoF gives +10% GP generation ... it's an interesting way to sweeten the pot. As long as the AI notices this and takes advantage of it, should be super cool.

This civ looks quite cool. Gateway to Africa is not only a great UA name, but a neat ability. What do you guys think about giving +2 gold to your "buddies"? At first sight they didn't seem to be so great. Even though Portugal has a kind of weaker gold generating UA, it doesn't give gold away.

On the other hand, the Kasbah seems very situational... if Petra is getting nerfed. It is quite beautiful, but is it so powerful? Should it be built on flood plains or mines?

BTW, I was expecting this color scheme and this symbol

Greetings all from the official 2k Board! I wanted to check with you guys that I'm reading this right: rival trade routes made TO morocco net the rival +2 gold? I guess that means there's a big cash dolla bill incentive for sending their routes to you -- which in turn helps out Morocco more. Just like Sweden's DoF gives +10% GP generation ... it's an interesting way to sweeten the pot. As long as the AI notices this and takes advantage of it, should be super cool.

I noticed the similarity to Sweden as well. Playing as Portugal, trading with Morocco would be extra sweet.

Just like Sweden's DoF gives +10% GP generation ...
I noticed the similarity to Sweden as well. Playing as Portugal, trading with Morocco would be extra sweet.
Don't forget something like this has already been in since vanilla, if you mean a civ's unique feature which can be profitable for opponents. Egypt's burial tombs... Granted, probably without Egypt's consent. :D

If they didn't give other civs a benefit for trading with Morocco then the player would never trade with Morocco.

Morocco leader icon :)

Attachments

• Ahmad al-Mansur icon.jpg
    Ahmad al-Mansur icon.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 152
It is just me or he looks the same as Haile Selassie with a longer beard?

EDIT: I wrote this before the concept art. But about the icon, my opinion still the same.

Morocco looks SWEET. Everything about this civ looks good to me... economic bonuses, easier to make friends with AI civs, a neat UU and great UI... even some extra culture. I'd imagine that you would probably have 3-5 international trade routes with unique civilizations going during the middle game, which is around when the Kasbah gets unlocked, and civs that have a great middle game are typically the most fun for me to play. Looking forward to it!
I say that giving the trading partner civ extra gold is a good thing. It makes trading with you more attractive, so Morocco will be more likely to find and keep friends, which is of extreme importance most of the time and especially for trading/diplomatic victories.

Yeah, but aren't they simply called national trade routes then? Because International Trade Routes with cities of your own civilization just sounds silly! ;)

The UA makes me think that Morocco is the Wal-Mart of Africa. Everyone is going to want to send ITRs there.
Well that would benefit Morocco. More Civs would make ITR with them means that they would receive some extra gold as well due to incoming routes.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Happy morocco is in the game! Looks like they'll fit in my favorite pantheon perfectly!

... Their leader sort of looks like he's wearing a golden hoodie with those strings :lol:

Educate me about the UA. Is it possible to have an international trade route that is not with a different civ or city state? (then why is it international?) Or are they trying to tell us that only the first trade route gets that benefit?

Dissapointed that the UA helps other civs as well and that it dissuades you from using national trade routes as Morocco, I don't like UA's that take a choice away from me.

The rest looks okay though :)

I think the wording implies that you get the bonus for the first trade route with another particular civ or city state. So if you sent a cargo ship to Poland and one to Brazil, you'd get the bonus twice, but if you sent both cargo ships to Poland, you'd get the bonus once. This turns on the word 'different', which would otherwise be pretty meaningless.

You get gold for trade routes that are sent to you. If other civs get a bigger reward for sending trade routes to you, you will be a more attractive trading partner, and will reap similar rewards.

So is the Kasbah supposed to be spammed across the entire desert? It's hands-down the best improvement for any non-strategic, non-luxury desert tile.

So is the Kasbah supposed to be spammed across the entire desert? It's hands-down the best improvement for any non-strategic, non-luxury desert tile.

I was wondering about that too. +50% on a workable tile... depending on the location of desert tiles, that is a massive boost. If it stacks with petra that basically means fighting inside your own territory puts you at a full era ahead in military tech. Throw in additional bonuses, and you can fend of modern era units with Renaissance tech :confused:

So far, we still don't know what the French Chateaux does

We know that it at least grants some culture because it is mentioned in the "culture converted to tourism" effect of the hotel.

In unrelated news, Petra is almost certainly being reworked because the Kasbah's bonus is Petra.

Top Bottom