Queen of the Iceni

Alright, I am stumped at trying to get this mod to work. I can download but I have no idea how to install it, I can just see it under "Downloads" but see no way to install it.

Same goes for any mod I download and was wondering what to do so I can play with mods.

Just out of curiosity, how did you get it to download.
I seem to be having the same problem that a few others are having.

I noticed that Civ5 is allowed through my firewall.

I think the issue has to do with Vista, locking out everything from being placed on the C Drive, which is where civ5 is installed, and i assume is the default download destination.

Alright, I am stumped at trying to get this mod to work. I can download but I have no idea how to install it, I can just see it under "Downloads" but see no way to install it.

Same goes for any mod I download and was wondering what to do so I can play with mods.

From the Main Menu of Civ5 select Mods -> Browse Mods (this is what you may hear talk about as the Mod Browser).

In the Mod Browser select Online. This should give you a list of all the mods Firaxis is hosting. Each should have a Download button beside it. Press the Download button for the mod you want. You should see it download until it is complete.

Once it is downloaded that mod should show up on the Installed menu. By default it won't be enabled, you have to click the "enabled" button on the Installed list to turn that mod on. You can run Queen of the Iceni, Legions or Queen of the Iceni and Legions at the same time (in which case you have both stacked combat and the Celt civilization added to the game).

Remember that for 2 attacks per turn to be helpful they need the moves to support it, and even though it allows them to do damage twice as quickly, it also allows them to take damage twice as quickly. They steamroll FAST, but it doesn't help them much in even fights (where they can't afford to use the 2nd attack).

I'm up to the modern era in my first game (played Boudicea as my first Civ 5 game ^ ^) and I will say I'm steamrolling the AI's. Maybe mounted units in general are a little too strong in the base game; but Knights that can attack 2x a turn really ruined all of my neighbor's days (around year 1900, already took over Europe, Africa, and Asia :) )

Admittedly it's Prince, so who knows.. haven't tried anyone else yet to compare it to, just sharing that.

I'm up to the modern era in my first game (played Boudicea as my first Civ 5 game ^ ^) and I will say I'm steamrolling the AI's. Maybe mounted units in general are a little too strong in the base game; but Knights that can attack 2x a turn really ruined all of my neighbor's days (around year 1900, already took over Europe, Africa, and Asia :) )

Admittedly it's Prince, so who knows.. haven't tried anyone else yet to compare it to, just sharing that.

Thats good feedback, I'm interested to hear from others as well. But you may be right that we may have to pull it from mounted units.

I uploaded an updated version. Its suppose to automatically update all your versions, but the installer may need to have a few bugs worked out. For me I had to manually go in and download the new version, but it just sat there as "Complete" without installing. To finish I had to go back to the Installed menu and delete the existing copy of Queen of the Iceni before the new copy would work.

Well, It still doesn't work, when I first start Civ5 and go to Mods then start download for your mod.

I would get "Connecting" then few seconds later I would barely see some red text quickly flash in the blackbox which I think says "Error(Mouseover for Detail) then it would complete the download, but the file isn't under Installs and if I restart the game, I would have to redownload the file again.

I have tried this with many different mods, and none of them would show up under Installs after download.

I am running on Windows 7 64 bit, if that matters..

Well, It still doesn't work, when I first start Civ5 and go to Mods then start download for your mod.

I would get "Connecting" then few seconds later I would barely see some red text quickly flash in the blackbox which I think says "Error(Mouseover for Detail) then it would complete the download, but the file isn't under Installs and if I restart the game, I would have to redownload the file again.

I have tried this with many different mods, and none of them would show up under Installs after download.

I am running on Windows 7 64 bit, if that matters..

Im using 64 bit Windows 7 too.

Try going into Control Panel -> Action Center -> Change User Account Control settings. Set the slider all the way to the bottom (never notify), and apply that setting. Then see if you can install mods.

Im using 64 bit Windows 7 too.

Try going into Control Panel -> Action Center -> Change User Account Control settings. Set the slider all the way to the bottom (never notify), and apply that setting. Then see if you can install mods.

You need to reboot after changing UAC.

It is at the bottom, and I even tried a reboot

Everytime I download something, I can see a civ5mod file in the MODS folder like..

467a3b2d-1200-42e2-8d1a-d723c81b3cc1-2.civ5mod

and its 452 KB so I think I am downloading the file but it isnt showing up under Installs..

Seems to me like granting the blitz trait for free on all melee/mounted/gun units is a bit too powerful,

I would suggest granting blitz for Melee/Mounted units till the Renissance Era, or a tech around there abouts. What do you think of that as a compromise so the bonus doesn't last till the end of the game as its quite a powerful one, similar to Frances UA ending on Steam Power.

Seems to me like granting the blitz trait for free on all melee/mounted/gun units is a bit too powerful,

I would suggest granting blitz for Melee/Mounted units till the Renissance Era, or a tech around there abouts. What do you think of that as a compromise so the bonus doesn't last till the end of the game as its quite a powerful one, similar to Frances UA ending on Steam Power.

Hmm.. thats a really interesting idea. I hadn't thought about obsoleting it. That really makes them front loaded. What does everyone else think?

Fireball!!!!

[insert various FFH2 reference ;)]

Hmm, I'd prefer the blitz be on Melee and Mounted ... and not obsolete so you'll still get Curaissers (lancers?) blitzing.

perhaps anything that uses gunpowder + doesn't get it? (like Cavalry w/ guns?)

//

Additionally, I think that (as compensation for losing their civ power by late Rennaissance), have forests give +1 food or something.

(perhaps to symbolize the high population density of the Celts in primarily forested areas)

Wow.... I'm REALLY impressed that there is ALREADY a mod for CiV, this just encourages me EVEN MORE to go get the game (but it comes out tomorrow for me :( )

But, I definitely think someone should make Spain. Although yes, the SPANISH should have a place in this game, I'm really surprised they were taken out.

Additionally, I think that (as compensation for losing their civ power by late Rennaissance), have forests give +1 food or something.

(perhaps to symbolize the high population density of the Celts in primarily forested areas)

Well no, not on the UA, but if one wanted to remove one of the UU's (i'd recommend the swordsmand that heals after it attacks, the early scout movement warrior is pretty cool imo).

Then we could have a UB to come in and provide say this bonus.

Woodland Forge(for the lack of a better name) - Replaces forge
Cost : 180 Hammers (30 more than forge)
Maintenance : 3 Gold (1 more than forge)

+2 Food
Forest Tiles give +1 food
New Melee Units start with Drill I
New Ranged Units start with Barrage I

This way the UA and UU work together for early bonus, then the UA continues until it runs out in the late medieval era, when the UB kicks in which will provide some smaller bonus for the rest of the game.

The UA can then run out of pace at Metal Casting. When the UB forge becomes available, all units lose the initial blitz promotion, all new units come with Drill I or Barrage I, (+20% for rough terrain). Which would keep to the Forest theme.

This allows for a cool, blitz promotion early on, (if you make sure its blitz and not attack twice then a horseman with 4 movement points is capable on making 4 attacks, which makes it even more cool), which only lasts till the tech after Iron working, but you can avoid Metal casting for a while and keep it if you wish too, Technically you could go all the way to biology without taking metal casting, but you would get hardly any military tech improvements which is the important bit, you can keep blitz but not progress into crossbows/longswords/trebuchets, you can get knights though ^>^.
In the late game, having a free Drill / Barrage promotion will be pretty cool, 1 level up to spend elsewhere. Using a baracks and armory, you can go straight into some more advanced promotions like siege on ranged units.

The alternative to having a UB to add something to middle-late stage. Is to keep the two original UU's, but change the UA so thats its more generic, like +1 movement or something. Which is pretty useful but not 2x attacks useful.

Also as for single unit graphics, some of us like multiple unit graphics and may want to use your mod, how about inserting the "single units" as an option on the menu so it can be toggled on and off.

Sounds nice, I'll give it a try when I get the game (I'm European, unfortunately).

Also, can you post a picture of Boudica's in-game model?

Kael, is it impossible for you to stop being as awesome as you are?

It's really cool that civilizations are already being added to the game by the community, I will definitly give the Celts a go when I get the game... just 1 day+ left now.

I think he meant a screenshot of Boudicca as you would meet her ingame. I also have to wait until tomorrow and I'm utterly curious how Kael implemented her. I can't imagine he created a 3D-animation. Could someone post a screenshot of her diplomacy-screen?

There is no 3d leaderhead. She is using Elizabeths model until I figure out how to exchange that for a 2d model.

Top Bottom