Intra-Team Pitboss Planning Thread #2

I like the third map style best.

I've talked to Munro who is an experienced pitboss host/map generator. He says he knows the "Full of Resources" map script very well, and would gladly generate a fair and balanced map for us if given the parameters (preferably by sending him a config file with the settings all set). DMOC, I told him you would PM him to get it all fixed. :)

Thanks Niklas. :)

So basically the only thing left for us is to have tech trading off or on ... since we're pretty much almost tied, I think it's best to go with the default (tech trading on) like what's happening with the general game, just to get the game moving.

So how about these "parameters" (I'll then send the ini file with the parameters set, if I can figure out how):

1. 14 Civilizations, all random (so, yes, if you get a leader you don't like you must play with him/her anyway). Restricted leaders.
2. Huge Map size
3. Medium Sea Level (I think that gives plenty of land to everyone)
4. No huts, events, vassals
5. Cylindrical
6. Big-and-Small like map with "Normal Continents" and "Islands" present ("Massive continents creates 1 large pangea usually and tiny islands creates way too many islands like in the first script I posted).
7. Ice/tundra levels: "Dispersed"
8. Plains levels: "Dispersed" to "Standard"
9. Grounds: "Standard" to "Luxuriant"

Anything I missed? Should we play with toroidal or stick with the standard cylindrical?

I'll try to get everything started up ASAP. Hopefully the game will start by this weekend.

I would like to have the option to repick the leader, could be limited to leaders that just suck( Tokugawa anyone?)

I would like to have the option to repick the leader, could be limited to leaders that just suck( Tokugawa anyone?)

I landed toku in a random MP game with my brother (with AI, of course). One good thing is that is samuri are absolute killers...like a katana through butter...:p. Otherwise, yes, he's not very good.

Option to repick I'll agree with...I might end up with someone I just hate and will want to repick...I know if that happens if I say no repicking I'll be pretty ticked with myself...;)

1. DMOC
2. Aline
3. bobbyboy29
4. ahmedhadzi
5. Niklas
6. Chimera1804
7. v8_mark
8. Ischenous
9. Uncle Cheesedog
10. obsolete
11. javidbing
12. babyblyepants/Sweetacshon
13. Nakor/Bobroberts
14. Ceiliazul
15. NukeAJS

The first 15 leaders, courtesy of random.com, came as this:

1. Louis XIV
2. Joao II
3. Hammurabi
4. Frederick
5. Justinian I
6. Hannibal
7. Kublai Khan
8. Isabella
9. Suleiman
10. Zara Yaqob
11. Augustus Caesar
12. Darius I
13. Tokugawa
14. Boudica
15. Churchill

Your # corresponds to your leader.

Who wants their leader regenerated? (And no, if you choose to regenerate and get a leader you still don't like, you can't keep the first.)

I am going to regenerate my leader. :)

YEAH! I regenerated my leader and ended up with Huayna Capac. Whew... :)

(NOTE: If I generate a leader for you (for a second time) that either SHARES the same civ as another civ previously listed or is a DUPLICATE, I regenerate the randomizer.)

You can also see in the screenshot below the # values for the original list (i.e. louis was #1, etc.) Genghis is #13 but had to be eliminated from the original list since Kublai was chosen already. Napoleon was #6 but was eliminated since I already drew Louis as #1 so Chimera got Hannibal assigned instead.

Spoiler :

DMOC you wus...:p

I'll keep mine...(never played as hannibal)

Are you kidding? Suleiman is fantastic. My leader isn't the greatest but i'll stick with him. Go Babylon, come rush me guys! Also shouldn't at least one person be ghandi?

Hmm, instead of regenerating, can't we simply swap?

I'm willing to give Zara up to the highest bidder.

1. DMOC - Huayna Capac
2. Babybluepants/Sweetacshon - Darius I
3. Chimera1804 - Hannibal
4. Uncle Cheesedog -Suleiman
5. bobbyboy29 - Hammurabi
6. obsolete - Zara Yaqob
7. NukeAJS - Churchill

If you do want to "swap leaders" as obsolete says then, yes, I guess you can do that. I'm sticking with HC though. Yes I am a wus since Louis XIV really sucks to me.

bobbyboy29 probably won't be rushed early. ;)

1 more thing - in the Team Saturn pitboss game, I was also Huayna Capac ... and the first to be eliminated. So I hope this doesn't happen again.

1 more thing - in the Team Saturn pitboss game, I was also Huayna Capac ... and the first to be eliminated. So I hope this doesn't happen again.

This means we all focus our attacks on you, right? :p

This will be starting how soon now?

Hahaha, my thought was damn, Obsolete got Zara!!! I'm happy with my choice, but if Obsolete want to trade I would be interested.

Other than that I'm good to go!

Top Bottom