Cyrus/AMAZON Diplomacy

The Mike

Warlord
Here's their greeting.

Greetings to the Mavericks,

Our intrepid explorer, Jenny, has spotted your island domain and when the news made its way back to the AMAZON homeland, enthusiastic celebration and displays of AMAZON prowess broke out in the streets. After recovering, our diplomatic offices has worked tirelessly to get out this greeting to you.

We are happy to meet the free-thinking Mavericks. We have heard rumors of a great Oracle that has been erected in your lands for the divining of the will of the gods and that it has inspired your researchers in their studies. We are further impressed by your religious spirit in founding Hinduism. The gods play a special role in AMAZON society so we are pleased to meet kindred spirits.

The people of The AMAZON respect the Mavericks, not only because of their obvious achievements even at such an early date, but also because we have heard of the many formidable and talented people who label themselves Mavericks. We hope that we can work with the Mavericks and we hope that our relationship will be a mutually beneficial one.

Just as we heard rumors of your many wondrous and religious accomplishments, you have undoubtedly heard rumors that we have been trading knowledge with other teams. We want to tell you that we are still looking for trustworthy people with whom to build a strong and profitable relationship.

The AMAZON are impressed with your breadth of knowledge, particularly your mastery of Temple Building (PH), your skill at crafting Bronze Statues (MC) and your studies into the existence of one supreme Goddess (Monotheism). The last one in particular intrigues us... we are after all an Alliance of Omnipotent Nations. Accordingly we too are currently searching for the knowledge of which of our many Goddesses is the One True Omnipotent Goddess. We have narrowed it down to Hera, Aphrodite, Athena, Persephone, Artemis and Hippolyte...

Of course our Princess Diana has adoring fans who insist she is the living incarnation of a Goddess... and there are also a few Zealots who believe our Matron Saint Zenobia was the reincarnation of a Goddess, but we have considerably winnowed the field, and Monotheism will be just the boost we need to settle this debate once and for all. That is until the next Ultimate AMAZON Warrior is crowned. By rule, our Ultimate Warrior is allowed to name the Goddess that all must worship until the next Ultimate Warrior is crowned. Needless to say this makes some of the goddesses very interested in the outcome of these competitions which tends to make them interesting.

We are interested to know whether the Mavericks wish to discuss an agreement whereby their vast accumulated knowledge would be shared with The AMAZON? Our people are anxious to meet the scholars of the Mavericks and share discoveries.

We are willing to share information with you in the spirit of cooperation. Our explorers have noticed that the Great Mapmaker who made us all has a great love of symmetry and that our islands appear to be arranged around a star-shaped landmass. Our explorers have also found a large amount of clams around the edge of each arm of the star and a few Whales. It seems that each civilization has an island which has a number of unique resources. The AMAZON has been blessed with an abundance of Sheep and Silver and also have some sources of Deer and Fur. What resources has the Great Mapmaker seen fit to bestow upon you?

We look forward to receiving your reply.

Sincerely,
SilentConfusion, AMAZON diplomat

My gut response:

We suspect they are rookie players, but until we know more about them, we cannot discount them.

They offered information voluntarily, they obviously wish to be friendly. It would probably be beneficial to reciprocate for now. We are weakest now.

They want Monotheism apparently, but it looks like they already have it? It looks like they can research Theo now in obsolete's screenshot. Can we offer them something for Writing and Alphabet that is not Metal Casting?

I don't think anyone knows we founded Judaism.

We should try to trade for Princess Diana. She sounds hot.

This message seems out of date already, since they picked up mono from someone else. Unless.... unless they only picked up the pre-req. just now, and something weird is going on with the WANT'S TECH that always happens with the AI.

I did find it strange that they didn't mention Judiasm either, since they mentioned the rest of it. Looks like they said TOO MUCH apparently :p

I say, let's keep Judiasm a secret for now, since this may keep them guessing and they didn't ask. What is interesting, is they HAVE NO RELIGION. So Mono really is not helpful to them at all here. Not all all, UNLESS they want to make a very quick beeline up to Theology to get their own religion. That's what I suspect at this moment.

I feel like we lost a whole turn of tech & trades last turn, unless they only got alphabet this turn. I think we should at least shave off the last 4 turns on sailing so we can research something else. This is 4 tech turns that are no longer needed.

BTW, as for ROOKIES, after browsing their thread of Virgins, it seems the only one on their team that should know what he's doing is MeInTeam. He usually does only immortal though, so there's probably a few tricks under the hood he doesn't know how to capitalize off yet. Regardless, that's all they really need to pull their team along.

One problem for us, he knows a little on how I play by now, and I'm sure he's read Snaaty's stuff a million times over. So... they MAY predict a few moves by us later on. There is a good chance he even predicts our Mids sling-shot right now too, but there isn't a thing they can do to stop it at this point.

Try to ask them right now, if they already have Mono, or if it's just a gui glitch. You don't have to get into diplomacy. Actually, I can send a pvm also to the last they sent me to get this info asap. It's rather important.

*edit.

Actually never mind, I just realized you are right, tech screen shows they are ABLE to research Theo. So they MUST have Mono. We are 1 turn too late from the deal. So I'm certain now they got it from someone else. It definitely was not Hannibal.

I'll send them a message -- Priesthood for Writing then? Sets us up to trade for Alphabet. I could ask to see if they'll chip in the rest of Sailing too.

Tell them we are just finishing off sailing now (so we wish they were a little sooner), that way they won't feel like they are doing such a big favour. As for Writing, go for it, but writing is much more beakers than priest, so they may not want to. But remind them we VERY POWERFUL techs, like MC and will be happy to cut in our CLOSE ALLIES into our deals.

Anyhow, if everyone has alphabet, it doesn't become very useful to us anymore. It seems to me that someone prematurely traded that around. Or maybe two teams went after it at the same time.

Tell them we'll also gladly open borders to them this turn for their trade-routes if they wish to show their good faith in this deal.

Greetings Team AMAZON,

We welcome the opportunity to exchange information with any friendly nation we may encounter. It appears you have already acquired the knowledge of Monotheism at the time of this writing, so congratulations on your discovery.

We propose an exchange of information to be executed on the current turn.

In exchange for Priesthood, would you be willing to offer Writing, as well expedite our discovery of Sailing? Such a gesture of goodwill would go a long way in instilling trust in the Maverick people.

As a sign of goodwill, we would like to offer you the right to enter our territory and trade with our merchants.

We are also curious what your current and planned research is, so that we can perhaps work together on our discoveries.

TheMike,
Team Mavericks Diplomat

Anyhow, if everyone has alphabet, it doesn't become very useful to us anymore. It seems to me that someone prematurely traded that around. Or maybe two teams went after it at the same time.

Very good point about alphabet. It is probably better to just monopolize MC for now.

I'll add the point about OB.

Also send them a message asking what are their current tech path they're going after so we prevent double-teching the same ones we can trade.

Alright, let's hope those VIRGINS do us a favour here.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and send it without waiting for everyone to approve. Sorry :(

I think we can build and maintain our relationships better if we communicate more frequently and more fluidly. We are probably not responding to Quatronia in a timely enough manner when we communicate with them, so that's why the line goes stale. To that effect, I think we should enlist a couple more diplomats and give them freedom to communicate with other teams in friendly terms or casual exchange of information, as long as it is posted in the diplo thread after it is sent.

Things like big trades and DOWs should be discussed and approved ahead of time, of course.

Thoughts anyone?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and send it without waiting for everyone to approve.

That's ok. We already lost a precious turn and lost what could have been a powerful Mono trade deal. Let's not lose any more.

Trade is now initiated (we can always cancel before they accept).

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and send it without waiting for everyone to approve. Sorry :(

I think we can build and maintain our relationships better if we communicate more frequently and more fluidly. We are probably not responding to Quatronia in a timely enough manner when we communicate with them, so that's why the line goes stale. To that effect, I think we should enlist a couple more diplomats and give them freedom to communicate with other teams in friendly terms or casual exchange of information, as long as it is posted in the diplo thread after it is sent.

Things like big trades and DOWs should be discussed and approved ahead of time, of course.

Thoughts anyone?

Yeah, that's fine. Unless there is a game-breaking deal going on or something where the tiniest slip sends us falling to the gates of Fail you're right in that it doesn't require the approval of every member of the team.

Besides, perhaps a minor "blunder" or two on our part in communications could promote the idea that we, too, are just a bunch of rookies. :mischief:

Grrrr. I see both of them have logged in, yet none of them accepted our deals, nor did I even get any PVMs.

Grrrr. I see both of them have logged in, yet none of them accepted our deals, nor did I even get any PVMs.

They're just proving Mike's point...;) they're checking, checking with team, double checking, and slowing communications down while the turn timer ticks on.

My last PVM reply:

Hi obsolete,

Thanks for your reply. Just an FYI that we have to talk about any tech trades with the team before anyone can log-in and accept/offer them in game... So we just went ahead and exited out of the diplomacy screen without accepting the trade. Sorry about that.

But we will be talking about it within the team and getting back to you soon to let you know what we think about trades.

Sommerswerd

9 Hours left, no deals yet?

Top Bottom