Remember, remember, the 8th of September

That looks a whole lot better. :goodjob: Are you using procedural textures?

Not near being completed either, but i think that size#1 will have the two westernmost special buildings and the houses/road/terrain/trees there, size #2 will have those + the easternmost monument, the metro will have #2 + the castle, and the golden pavilion will be taken out entirely (also the length of the set will be cut down a bit)..

+ it will be darker and less contrast in color/highlight.

Kyriakos... I am certain you know, there are factors of the background "canvas" that affect Buildings, Units, Resources, etc... in other words, a Games Terrain.

There are many Games that have been made with many terrain differences...Light/Dark, etc...

Despite the Light/Dark differences of Terrains, I still like the image from Post #19 Best. The Colors and Contrast are Beautiful and seem to depict the time and Dynamic nature of this CIV Better.

This current image appears washed out, bland and not as sharp, dynamic, bold and Colorful as Post #19. I even actually preferred the pagoda of Post #19 despite the size as well as the Base of the Main Building. The Height and Stone Colors for that Building were Excellent to depict that Building. Think "Artistic License: to get across the essence of the Facts.

I am posting a quick Copy and Paste Screen Shot of the City Sets from Post #19 and the Current one on EFZI2 Complete (Dark Terrain with High Contrast) and the Normal CIV Game (Washed Out and Low Contrast)... The Terrain Screen Shots were taken from the Editor of Both then Both City Sets were copied and pasted on them.

While none of us can make any Graphics that will act as a Panacea for every game, we can offer a "Happy Medium" that will Look Good of most backgrounds.

The Grey Roofs take away from the Dynamic contrast as well as even the trees being too Bright Green.

The Textures were already Fine in Post #19. Not sure exactly what you are looking for but I for one believe you had this completed Excellent since Post #19..... Now seems "Over Worked" and loses the Better Graphic Aspects of what you had already Created.

I can say much more but probably will serve no purpose as I am sure you have a particular appearance and a mind set on what you are creating.

Merely pointing out what I see for Your Edification.

The Red is Better in Post #19, Not Too Bright as well as the Trees. Needs a "Happy Medium" for any Terrain... Not too Dark and Not too Light. Either way the Grey Roofs have it wash out and I like a Higher Base to the Main Building to depict what it actually was.
My Post is in no way a judgement or criticism... merely my point of view of what I like and find Graphically Pleasing as well as beneficial to multiple backgrounds.

Regardless... I like your Work.

Attachments

• Compare.jpg
    Compare.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 60
You do Really Excellent Work Kyriakos... Seriously, I just offered my thoughts for your edification.

Like Units and all other Graphics Work. We just cannot have what we make Look Great on all Terrains... I absolutely know this.

Naturally, because it all does require much time and effort, we certainly would like our work to be able to be used on more than just the Original Civ Game Terrain. There is a way to accomplish that within a range and that is all we can do.

As Artists, we have particular visions of what we are really wanting to depict but we can lose the essence of the basics if we are dissatisfied and then continue on ...only to perhaps overwork the art, losing what was already there.

Be confident and remind yourself to seriously look for when you have already accomplished a Masterpiece.

Top Bottom