Captured Workers

Chieftain
Hi All

Ok, playing with several different races say, Human, Elven, undead, Dwarves.

Each has their own workers and settlers, is there a way to have the correct worker appear for each race when said worker is captured?

Example: Human warrior unit captures elven worker which I would like to change automatically to a Human worker...

their are four different races within the mod.

Is this possible?

I know you can chain the Leaders to get the right one, but it does not seem to work on captured units.

Thanks All

Not that I know of. The captured unit should be whatever unit is set in the .biq under the General Settings tab, with alternate graphics if the _SLAVE suffix is added in the Pediaicons text. For example:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Worker_SLAVE
Enslaved Worker

If they are chained, however, you can upgrade them to your own worker type, but not the original.

Hmm

From what I've seen the Enslaved work, set within the General Tab works fine, but it will not Auto upgrade to your worker type even if chained. Although you maybe able to do this manually didn't try to be honest.

The funny thing is if you set an Enslaved worker to start with it does auto upgrade to your worker type...

Thanks for the input.

Hi All
Example: Human warrior unit captures elven worker which I would like to change automatically to a Human worker...
Thanks All

If each era was race-specific -- that is, if each race began in one era and unable to progress to another -- then graphically, the enslaved worker would use the graphics keyed to that era. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, and the solution is a bit hokey and unwieldy, but let's say the humans are in the first era (instead of Ancient Times, it's Humanity), and they capture an elven worker, and the Elves are in the second era (instead of Middle Ages, it's Elfity...alright, alright, Elvenkind...whatever), graphically the enslaved worker would be according to the owner of the enslaved worker (first era) and look like a first era enslaved worker, and thus, human. In reverse, an elf capturing a human worker would have an enslaved worker graphically tied to the second era enslaved worker entry, and thus, it would appear elfey...elvish...you know, elflike.

This is predicated on the idea that each race is unable to enter another era. In most fantasy scenarios, this is not much of a problem, but if you're going from a way-in-the-past mythic primordial starting point to a post-medieval renaissance (or even later) endpoint, it can be problematic.

And, I failed to mention, it would depend on whether or not the unit icon entry can be modified with an "_ERAS_Ancient_Times" or if the entry only accepts "_ENSLAVED". I didn't check that part. I don't recall how it is worded in the script.

Interesting, but all the races are in each era... lol

I tried making a default slave unit, and set this in the general tab.

Then I chained all the other worker to this unit, seemed like it had a chance, they got the slave unit on capture but it would not auto upgrade to the captured races worker.

Although it would upgrade if the unit was pre given at the start (preset map), strange?

Thx for the ideas

Top Bottom