BACK FROM THE DEAD Classic Unit Competition

Which is the best BACK FROM THE DEAD Unit?

• Balam-Agab - Maratha Elephant

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Vuldacon - Skreech

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • LMR - Wolf Lord

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Plotinus - Hobbit Outlaw

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • AnthonyBoscia - Delta Operator

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthasar

Wise Man
October BACK FROM THE DEAD Contest

Okay gang, this is the showdown. In case you're tuning in late, here's how we got to this place: last month we asked our unit makers to submit any unit they've ever made (and put into the database) that had never been in a monthly contest, with a limit of just one unit per unit maker. So, first of all, NOBODY followed the instruction that entries should be made to the Monthly Competition Submission Thread - I finally had to waive that requirement, obviously - so we have a fairly anarchic group to start with here. To be fair, the same thing happened in the Heads Up! contest last month, so I've gotten the message loudly and clearly about how to structure future contests. So I learned something.

The best part, for all of us, is that we got a great response, and I'm sure that this will be an Epic Contest that will be sung about in our ballads for many years to come (or at least mentioned in a few future threads). Every one of these units is top-shelf, and I do not envy you the duty of choosing between them. Our contestants are:

LMR - Wolf Lord (Mar. 2011)

Plotinus - Hobbit Outlaw (Feb. 2008)

Balam-Agab - Maratha Elephant (Aug. 2014)

Vuldacon - Skreech (Apr. 2007)

AnthonyBoscia - Delta Operator (Dec. 2013)

Rarely do we see such variety and talent in a single contest! Really, good luck voting on this one, folks.

Be sure to also vote in this month's Unit of the Month Contest!

Thanks to all who voted for the Screech... it was the first unit I animated for CIV in Poser and to have it win against such Great units is an honor.

Happy to see such participation here and I am sure there are many other units that could be entered into another "Back from the Dead" contest.

Hmm, I should have been paying more attention here the past couple of months. My Bad. Being a very long time Tolkien fan, I am sort of partial to the Hobbit Outlaw. Hobbit Outlaws have to be very tough dudes to be outlaws, as they are the shortest ones on the totem pole.

Top Bottom