Charismatic event question

civtilidy

Warlord
Hello!
There is a "Hitler"-event where all gunpowderunits get the march promotion. If I remember correctly this is for all gunpowderunits for the rest of the game (marine, infrantry,sam-inf,AT, para). In my eyes this is pretty f***ing overpowered. My army usually is made up of hundreds of drafted footsoldiers with siege so this event would make it very effective. I consider going into policestate during GA to fire the event and then go US to get the hammer from town and enable cashrush. Now my questions:
1. When I exit police state, will new units still get the marchpromotion?
2. "Active/Weight: 65/100", does this means I have 65% chance of getting the event every turn? Seems way to good then.

Active / Weight 65/100 definately doesn't mean 65%, I think it's a chance of 65% that the event is in the game at all, but as many other events could also trigger and you don't get a random event every turn, chances are a lot smaller.

I believe that with BUFFY, the event is even patched out, like also the Tower Shield event and others. Don't know about BUG / BULL.

Your units would still get the March promotion btw. if you exit Police State, and I think it's not even all 'Gunpowder' Units but really all units, but that I only know from the guide about events, have never gotten it myself.

yeah, seraiel is describing it correctly. a 65% chance of the event in the game at all. The chance of it happening in a given turn is much lower. I think it rolls a 5% per turn of a RE iirc (and I might not) and then picks it out of a list of events using weight (sum of all weights is the range of the next RNG, and then the roll corresponds to a specific event). When some events are done, they are removed from the weight pool (non-repeatable events, like Reserve Bank, or Tower Shields), and some events obsolete and are also removed from the pool, so since this is a late game event many events will have already been exhausted. But per turn it's probably still on the order of 1%. So much more likely in a marathon game. That said, while it is definitely a sweet event, the time window of usefulness isn't that long if you are going to eventually get mech inf (where all inf will get that promo anyway if upgraded). If you are america with your Navy seals the bonus is even less.

Top Bottom