Guild Ideas

How about requiring a certain set of bonus resources, before someone can build a guild? Would limit the number of guilds someone can have at the same time.

Think a little bolder, and you almost have what we have in mind.

That said, no cities. Unless we want a specific faction to have one. Keep in mind, we're using this same mechanic for cults, internal factions, minor civs...

... are you using wandering units? That are somehow attracted to cities with certain variables? :eek:

We're using wandering cities that are somehow attracted to units with certain variables instead! :crazyeye:

He's switching Erebus currency to hamsters.
The AI code is to teach them to hunt the hamsters down, subdue them, take them to their cities, where they get slaughtered and used as gold.

If we're talking about changing the guild system than how about this, scrap the mechanos and turn them into a guild. They seem too similar to the khazad for my taste except they are far more powerful. They can be the stone fire guild. The howzitser and organ guns can be the unique units that have to be upgraded from catapults and cannons of level 4 or higher. Instead of a flat hammer and gold bonus the guild can give something like a +5% bonus to hammer and gold per copper,iron or Mithril resource meaning that hoarding of resources is not completely meaningless. As a drawback though, they create 1 unhappiness per religion in a city, showing the agnostic aspect of the mechanos. Of course I believe the guild system is fine as it is. Honestly, what you are doing is probably going to make it so complicated that my head will hurt.

Top Bottom