Crash Error in Next War Advanced

Hounddog

Chieftain
The Next War Advanced mod is super cool, but it keeps crashing after about 50 turns. The last error message was "Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings: File\Main\Civilization\SDKS\Gameboy2_0\Corelibs\NiDx9Renderer\NiDx9Rendered Texture Data.cpp, Line 177"

Followed by a Runtime error message "Runtime Error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"

Thanks for any help. This looks like a really cool mod with lots of new stuff.

For those folks who were unable to get the interface buttons up, I figured out that Vista users need to follow the pre-load instructions mentioned in the Game of the Month instrution, (turning off the read only setting on the whole CIV4 folders and all subfolder (for trusted installer AND the user, and maybe even the administrative accounts) AND also setting the CIV4 BTS exec to run in "administrative mode."

I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to mention this. But I see lot of other new folks having the same problems that kept me from using these great new mods. Maybe if would be good to have a new users orientation area that docs and explains how to use all these great additions?

Hey Hounddog,

I had the same error, just not the first part.

As I was searching through this forum for a solution, I found another thread with a similar problem, if its not too late, it might help you:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=152291

Welcome to the Forums Hounddog. [party]

If you haven't noticed turingmachine, this thread has been a couple of months old. So, I wouldn't expect Hounddog to reply. I was just posting a solution just in case.

Top Bottom