The Royal court of the Kingdom of Merlot

I've got my daily morning routine. I check the new licd then the team forum. I don't reply that much as I did not find my input worthwhile so far. Maybe that will change later on.

LLTK

I'm also still checking in. It's just that all the in-depth mathsy talk at this stage in the game goes way over my head. I'm learning a lot though!

I'm also checking regularly. I just now have very busy two weeks in real life, so I might not contribute too much until May. I'm still there though. BTW, I was wondering if we should have some more informal discussion, share a joke or two, tell tales or whatever to keep the interest up. Currently the game is in somewhat uneventful phase, so it might be a good idea just to amuse each other the best we can. That is, of course, only if the King allows some horsing around.

I had an idea for a little in-house amusement: an MTDG-themed mafia game.

If there were at least 7 people interested, I could easily put together a simple, low-intensity game to build a little camaraderie between us.

Of course, this is entirely dependent on His Majesty's will. Should he consider such a distraction to be a foolish idea, I will mention it no further. :bowdown:

Spoiler :
CFC-history fans may be interested to know that I got this idea from Kael, who started the now-legendary 'Night of the Werewolves' mafia series as a fun distraction for the Fall from Heaven guys over in the Creation and Customisation forums.

If His Majesty does not object, I'd be in on such a little fun diversion :)

I am glad to see people are still here by the way!

I'm not really sure what a "mafia" game is.....but I might be up for 1 if it were available.

Long Live the King!

If there were at least 7 people interested, I could easily put together a simple, low-intensity game to build a little camaraderie between us.

Of course, this is entirely dependent on His Majesty's will. Should he consider such a distraction to be a foolish idea, I will mention it no further. :bowdown:

Spoiler :
CFC-history fans may be interested to know that I got this idea from Kael, who started the now-legendary 'Night of the Werewolves' mafia series as a fun distraction for the Fall from Heaven guys over in the Creation and Customisation forums.
That sounds like fun!

I'm not really sure what a "mafia" game is.....

The following (adapted from Mafiascum.net) describes the very basic game type we'd be playing:

Spoiler :
Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Game Master (ie. me) will send the Mafia their role(s) by personal message. Everyone who does not receive a role PM is a Townie.

The game has two phases.

During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town). Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, and thus loses the ability to vote for subsequent lynches. Their role is revealed by the GM, and Night begins.

During Night, the Town can not communicate, but the Mafia can discuss and choose someone to Murder. After the GM has received the name of the victim, he reveals the dead player (who loses his ability to vote), and it is once again Day.

The game alternates between Night and Day until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.
So, all that most players have to do is post in the thread during each 'day' phase to vote for whoever they want to see lynched. Of course, it's more fun with a bit of banter and/or roleplay, but that's not a requirement.

So, all that most players have to do is post in the thread during each 'day' phase to vote for whoever they want to see lynched. Of course, it's more fun with a bit of banter and/or roleplay, but that's not a requirement.

Oh very good. By the Kings leave I would partake in this diversion :)

Nice idea!

Okay, so there doesn't seem to be any objection from His Majesty, and it seems like I'll have time to run the game over the next couple of weeks, so I'll look at trying to start Merlot Mafia this weekend.

Love live the King! :king:

Ah.. I remember playing a game very similar to this in IRC.

Except instead of Mafia, it was Americans. XD

Good fun, to say the least.

Plus there's nothing like deception and good old-fashioned back-stabbery to bring the house of Merlot together, wouldn't you agree? :)

I am looking forward to this diversion. When/How do we begin Lord Winston Hughes?

Merlot Mafia is now open for sign-ups. :)

Given the delay since suggesting the idea (sorry about that), I won't automatically assume that people who expressed an interest before are still up for playing, so please post in the new thread if you want to join.

I'm also checking regularly. I just now have very busy two weeks in real life, so I might not contribute too much until May. I'm still there though.
Ok. Was a longer two weeks than I expected:p Anyhow, I have finished with my current RL engagements, and can participate fully from now on.

Welcome back and you have come back at an interesting time as we expand our empire and explore beyond our island..

My fellow lords. I just had an unfortunate case of computer break down (suspect hard drive problems). Therefore I'll be visiting the castle only occasionally until my equipment gets fixed. I hope it is only a couple of days but you never know.

Top Bottom