Derf's Ashes Modules

That should be easily fixed, it just means the appropriate advisor isn't set properly or at all.
As for Bambur, yes - all religious Heroes and disciple units (Except for the Jotnar's own) are blocked for them. This is mainly a legacy from the original Jotnar module, for which I don't currently have an explanation - even a lore-appropriate one. The only thing I can imagine is that the Jotnar traditions aren't really suitable for religious Heroes.
And of course, the giants would constantly have to be on the lookout for these heroic little people, so they don't step on them too :lol:

It's been a while since I played the Jotnar in Fall Further (they were disabled in RiFE pending re-design), but my recollection is that in FF, at least, the Jotnar *can* build religious heroes. I found an old FF-Jotnar thread where I commented that I adopted Empyrean because nobody else had done so and I wanted to get Chalid.

Right. I did wonder a bit about that, I figured there might have been some reason I had overlooked even in playing. On the todo list for the next version of Jotnar Overhauled, the religious heroes will be available again. The disciple units will remain off-limits however, so the Gothi, Mouth of the Divine and Voice of the Divine continue to be relevant.

Now, no new modules or updates today, mainly because I've been brewing ideas and things in my mind, along with various hints and ideas taken from around the FfH forums here, and now I want to run them past you. Because as much as I'll be happy to get something working, the modules I make aren't just meant for me.
So here's some things to think on.

Existing modules:

Fortifications Module: Spawned due to a mistake in correcting the Jotnar Fort Commander UB. Ordinary archers, with the Drill promotions, gain access to the Archery promotions, which increase range damage. While Fort Comms are siege units and not archery units, I feel they'd gain from this - and it fits too, as a fort is generally protected by a garrison of archers.
Yes, this could also be achieved by stacking archery units there. But I'm thinking about letting the FC's also benefit from them.

More Arcane: I know this has its own thread, but no one's using it so I'm putting it here instead. Spoiler'd due to length.
Spoiler :
In older iterations of the module there were a few complaints that the tech requirements for Mounted Mages and Archmages were expensive and not suitable. Currently, they require Stirrups (Mounted Mages) and Warhorses (Mounted Archmages), and in addition to that they also require the buildings Stable and Hippodrome respectively.

In addition, the Kuriotates and Mechanos have their own concerns. The former have Lamia graphics for their regular Arcane units, which simply wouldn't be suitable to mount. To give them something to compensate for a lack of a Mounted Arcane tree, should they gain a free promotion increasing their movement, or reducing their terrain costs?
The Mechanos of course do not use Arcane units, but they do have the Adeptus and the Techpriest. Giving them Mounted variants of them is not going to be difficult, and will lose the ability to make Refineries (Just as Mounted Arcane units lose the ability to make Mana Nodes). The question is, do they need these units? Given that the premise behind this module is hit-and-run spellcasting, do they fit properly?

Maogata: As noted in the original thread for this module, there are a number of things that Shoggi wanted to do with them - but there aren't any details on what, exactly.
More importantly however, they are seriously lacking in artwork. They currently use a mixture of human and lizard art - hardly appropriate for a feline civilization.

Planned modules:

Mana Vaults: These will be national wonders that, as it stands right now, require access to two sources of any one kind of mana, and once built will produce only one. Civs will only be able to build one Vault of each mana type, for a total of 21. They may provide additional benefits, but this is not presently planned. This has the potential combined with Metamagic II to make Tower of Mastery a much more viable victory, and is intended to aid in smaller maps where there may not be enough sources of mana to actually complete all five towers.

Amurite Improvements - inspired by Fall Under, but will not incorporate all aspects of the module.
Currently, I plan to make Amurite owned Mana Nodes upgrade into Mana Forts (Graphics for which are undecided) that are effectively both a Fort and a Mana Node, and should have a Tower Mage (Amurite Fort. Comm. UU) protecting them.
I also plan to make Tier 3 and 4 units able to buy Channelling II and III, so non-arcane units can become greater spellcasters, for a cost.

That's all for now. I know there's a lot, but feedback plays a considerable part in developing these modules!

One update and three new modules today:

Jotnar 2.22:
-Jotnar can now train all non-disciple religious units and Heroes.
-Jarl is no longer suggested by the ??? advisor (Now Military)

Khazad: The Next Generation 1.0 (Originally by Beardy Dan):
-Removed the Brewery tile improvement
-Remove the alignment restriction on Dwarven Druids - note that this may conflict with any module that modifies the Dwarven Druid
-Dwarven Engineers and Master Engineers now gain Metamagic II to aid with Wild/Feral Mana game options
-Khazad and Luchuirp now have the Stone Circle replacement for the Grove. It is identical, except it gives a +5% Hammers with Stone resource and allows for a free Craftsman.
-Removed all lines that refer to the Dural due to modular shenanigans. They'll be back if I can fix them.
-Special note - it was suggested that the Stone Circle UB gain a bonus from Arete instead of Guardians of Nature. However, since Civics work by BuildingClass instead, this isn't possible.

Werepyres 1.0:
Updated mini-module originally by Shoggi. Handles what happens if a Werewolf gains the Vampiric Promotion, or vice versa.

Lizard Art Fix 1.3:
Originally by Milaga. Gives lizard artwork to Great and Fort Commanders. Removes access to certain nonsensical units (Chariots in a jungle?). Also adds a promo that weakens Lizards once they're outside their natural environment.

As usual, get them in the first post.

Sounds like the same problem I hit with the Jotnar - the gametext for the Frozen is left in the core Ashes files, and that file is being loaded before the module's own one. As with the Jotnar, go to the folder containing Ashes of Erebus, then go into Assets/XML/Text and remove the file 'CIV4GameText_Frozen.xml
That should fix it. If not, I broke something in the XML somewhere. I'll have to take a look in the morning.

I found another solution,i didnt find the file you said,i just copied the CIV4GameText_Frozen.xml from the Module folder to the Assets/XML/Text and everything is working now(at least in pedia),I dont know if the copied files in the Text and Module folder will cause trouble though.Thank you very much!

@Derf:

Thanks for being receptive to my two small suggestions on Dwarven Druids and a Khazad/Luchuirp UB to replace the Grove.

Just to be clear, I wasn't particularly invested in having the Stone Circle give +2:) with Arete, I just thought of that on analogy with what Groves do with Guardian of Nature. My main point was to have the UB replacement do something different so it wouldn't simply be the same building with a different name. +5% with Stone and 1 free Craftsman works for me. :goodjob:

Your work is great, and appreciated.

Fort Commanders and Archery: by default, their autoupgrades give them quite a bit of archery-related punch, but as long as they have to invest Archer-style in the promotions I don't think it'll be too much of a problem given that they're still, y'know, stuck in a fort. I like the idea, in any case. It benefits the AI and intelligent players, both of which are good.

More Arcane: It'd be great to see Lamia get *something*, finally. I think the normal requirements do put mounted mages outside the reach of most civilizations - I'd consider moving Mounted Mages back to Horseback Riding and Mounted Archmages back to Stirrups. Do they have a secondary mounted unitcombat? That's a thing now, which might justify their high cost.

I don't think the Mechanos would benefit. They're already incredibly mobile via their airforce line and that's kind of their thing; techpriests mostly do terraforming. Their Fireball is an airship broadside.

Maogata: Good luck finding the art. Your best bet would be to try a request at wherever takes those and hope there's still someone around who does it still. You could try the hyena-people art for vahuas; there was gonna be a civilization based on them but it never got finished.

Jotnar Thrall Militia do not have Giantkin, although upgraded Citizens will keep Giantkin.

@fourtounakis: It shouldn't cause any unexpected trouble, but if it does just bug me about it until I figure it out and fix it.

@Nor'easter: It would have been a nice flavour change at least. The +5% to stone wasn't actually intended, I borrowed the lines for that from another building that (I thought) was providing commerce instead. But this worked out better, flavourwise. I'm not entirely sure *why* in in-world terms it gives that boost, but it does now and I'm leaving it.

@Viatos: Fort Commanders: the Archery promos need to have prereq's added to them so FC's can pick them up anyway, so I can use that to let them have only so many before Commander I/II. Telling point will be in the balance though, and whether you can have one upgraded FC single-handedly holding off entire hoards of armies.

The Lamia I can see working best with a flat -1 movement cost (it's the tail you know. Makes it easier to get over the rougher parts) and implementing it is easy. No issues there. Horseback and Stirrups sounds good, though it needs the building req's changed to match.
At present the Mounted Arcane units count as mounted units, with Arcane being applied via promotion as a Secondary UnitCombat - it had to be done that way due to issues with the Amurites, who can upgrade their normal Arcane units into non-Arcane ones, something I kept for their Mounted ones.
None for the Mechanos makes sense, but it's a case of not wanting to leave them out. I don't often play as them though, so I overlooked their air force.

Jotnar Thrall Militia (Which if you're using the Overhauled one should be renamed Jotnar Warriors, if not see the note about Text Key errors): I'll have a look at that, there shouldn't be anything stopping them getting it. Thanks for reporting that issue.

Finally, Keepers of the Holy Places - first off, that's a WM modmod (I'm sure you knew that already) and WM changes a great deal by itself. At a glance, a lot of it seems to be handled by the events that occur whenever an Elohim unit visits a unique feature. There are differences of course, but it's very similar. I think it can be done, but I'll have to look into how it handles it, which is likely involved in python. That'll take me time to get my head around.

I think I found a bug in Frozen.I made a war with Doviello hoping according to the wiki that their winterborn race will give me souls.I killed some Beastmen with my Axemen but no Frozen Souls.Did I do something wrong?
As a Reminder,I copied the CIV4GameText_Frozen from the Module to the 'Assets\XML\Text' due to the fact that previously everything from the Frozen was named like 'TXT_....'

The Frozen module is known to have potential issues with the python code. It appears the code handling the generation of Frozen Souls isn't working.
Were Basium/Hyborem in game? If I remember the python correctly, if it generates Angels or Manes, it doesn't make Frozen Souls.
Otherwise, will look into this one when I get the chance.

Hi,

Try substituting in these python files. I've switched to using my standard newunit line rather than the giftunit that was in the original Frozen mod.
The python shouldn't break a save so if you load up the Doviello game, hopefully you should see frozen souls arriving when you kill some Doviello.
Note: If the Doviello religion is Veil, OO, RoK, Empyrean, Order or CoE, you won't get a frozen soul.

Attachments

• frozenfixes.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 145
Updated Frozen module has been uploaded. Only changes are LPlate's fixes. As I'm focusing more on the development of Rebirth and Legend, I haven't tested this for Ashes of Erebus. However, as Rebirth and Legend also uses the updated Frozen module (with appropriate tweaks to make it work) the fixes will also be merged there, and I'll test with the Frozen loaded next time I run a test game.

Jotnar 2.23 has also been uploaded. Jotnar now only start with 1 Warrior and Citizen, not 2. Racial is also correctly applied on the Warriors.

Modules python - but the updated Frozen module should be uploaded by now and has the fixes merged in. You can simply overwrite the existing module with it and gain the fixes.

Well....actually the new module made the things hilariously bad :p The Axeman killed a Doviello Beastman with a bad combat camera,I got the Frozen Soul as a Captured unit(not spawned in capital or any city like Manes) my Income got from -6 got to -144 (LOL souls are expensive these days) and after pressing Enter for the next turn the game crashed...

In the original module's python the frozen souls arrive at the tile where the unit died/city was razed - so at least that bit is working as it should. Not sure about the rest.

Top Bottom