Small continents... not small

Fatheredpuma81

Chieftain
I have played with small continents a few times and 2 times I got on an island bymyself. I have I think 3 times gotton an island with someone but it is usually... yea... I have spawned on a continant with 5 people. It was not small what so ever it was bigger then many regular continents. I have spawned with 3 other civs but it went out west VERY far...

What is with this? I was somewhat hoping that you would get a continent with 1-3 people max not get one of them ridiculous regular continents when everyone but 1 civ are on the same continent.
In my game with 5 civs on 1 continent I had and some other AI's had a LOT of expanding space for about 5 cities each (Somehow one of the civs in all thjat land spawned about 6 tiles from the other)

Is there a mod or something or can someone create a mod to fix this?

I've only tried it once on large and I got a snaky larger island. I was hoping to get something similar to what you were describing.

Are you using Small Continents or Small Continents Plus?

Plus works a lot better for me. I normally end up on either a regular-type continent with 1 or 2 other civs, or I end up on a snakey-small continent with 3 or 4 other civs. In the case of the second, the land available is still much much less than on a Continents map.

I'm 50 turns into a new small continents game and it's snaky and home to 4 other civs (was playing a standard map). My thinking was that it would be me and maybe another civ, maybe two at the most. I think that 5 civs on a "small" continent is too much.

I'm already at odds with Rome and the Zulu because of territorial expansion and am getting ready to go at war with them to take out one of their cities each (I'm playing as America).

I have played with small continents a few times and 2 times I got on an island bymyself. I have I think 3 times gotton an island with someone but it is usually... yea... I have spawned on a continant with 5 people. It was not small what so ever it was bigger then many regular continents. I have spawned with 3 other civs but it went out west VERY far...

What is with this? I was somewhat hoping that you would get a continent with 1-3 people max not get one of them ridiculous regular continents when everyone but 1 civ are on the same continent.
In my game with 5 civs on 1 continent I had and some other AI's had a LOT of expanding space for about 5 cities each (Somehow one of the civs in all thjat land spawned about 6 tiles from the other)

Is there a mod or something or can someone create a mod to fix this?

What map size do you play? There's a big difference in behavior of the scripts between standard map size and those bigger and smaller and so you if you have a number of AIs in mind for your starting AI you have to pick the right map type for your map size.

I just started a game with small continents on Large with low sea level and it's more ideal imo. Bumping it up to Huge and cutting out a player or too might work.

Top Bottom