[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

Since I manage developers, I can really appreciate THAT answer. ;)

I just noticed that mounted braves are actually worse at fighting than non-mounted ones. The same strength of 2, but reduced bonuses. That surely can't be right?

I'd been selling the natives horses, in the hopes it would help them put up a fight against the other European nations, but it seems I may have actually made things worse for them.

Yes, I think that is currently correct.

However, we will modify the military System in our releases published after the 2.1 Release and I'm sure that ray will have such problems in mind. ;):)

Hello,

Thanks for the MOD is wonderful!

Some years ago I try to mod the game a bit, right now I'm doing a full spanish translation of your MOD, when I have it ready i'm going to upload it here so you can merge it if you want. By the way I'm from Argentina, congrats to the germans for the tight victory :D
In my opinion, there is one thing that still have room for improvement that will approach the game a bit more to reality (I know, it's a game), I played the original one in DOS back in the 90's and I saw the same problem there and in the new version too. I can talk for the Spanish part of the game, the rulers you represent in the game are absolutely wrong, at least the Spanish one's. Simon Bolivar and San Martin for example were founding fathers, they weren't viceroys, and when you start the game in the 1492 year you should be one of those viceroys of that time not a founding father, just a point of view. Another little detail is that in the founding fathers available in the game, there isn't almost nobody from South America, Jose de San Martin, Simon Bolivar (these two guys were crucial to gain Independence from Spain in almost all South America) were the most importants, near of them Manuel Belgrano, Bernardo O'Higgins and José Gervasio Artigas are a few to mention.

Regards!

Thank you for your thoughts!

With regard to the founding fathers: Interesting, I will have a look if those FF would make sense. We need Input from the community - we have not the time to take care for all parts of the game (personally I only play England or Dutch so that I never cared about the Spanish leaders).

Do you have an impression for potential Spanish leaders? Please have in mind that we cannot change the leader within the game so that we already must have in mind at the beginning of the game that some day this leader will have to begin the WOI!

By the way...San Martin is a leader in the vanilla game...we have Cortez and Bolivar in our mod.

Hi again,

Yes, I undestand, a lot of time and work is involved, in my opinion as leader Cortez makes sense, but not San Martin or Bolivar as leader (they were leaders but as founding fathers in an independence war, not founding colonies), I will later check in some book for some viceroys of that time and possible benefits that you could gain having them (San Martin and Bolivar) as founding fathers, if you consider that will not break the balance of the game, I could help later to add them.

Thanks!

PD: Just and idea, I don't have C++ or Python aknowledge, but if when you declare the Independence a new leader rises overthroaring the viceroy, will be amazing, but I guess you already discuss it before.

I took a depth look about this, as the other leader together with Cortes should be Francisco Pizarro ----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Pizarro (I thought it better, actually a viceroy was a guy designate to rule a colony already established)

And the leaders Simon Bolivar and San Martin should be founding fathers, here are some ideas.

Jose de San Martin ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_de_San_Martín ) for example did this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_of_the_Andes < --- Maybe he can give the player somekind of bonus for units movement, just an idea

Simon Bolivar ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simón_Bolívar ) < --- Maybe he can give the player somekind of liberty bells bonus or in troops strength against the royal forces when you declare independence.

Manuel Belgrano ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Belgrano ) <--- Maybe he can give the player somekind of bonus about schools, he donated in life all the money (the government gave him for his services to gain independence) to build schools and died poor

Bernardo O'Higgins ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardo_O'Higgins ) <---- Maybe he can give the player somekind of production bonus for some builds inside the colony to reflect a bit his years as Suprem Director of Chile.

José Gervasio Artigas ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Gervasio_Artigas ) <---- Maybe he can give the player somekind of colony defense bonus to reflect all kind of invasions he had to resist.

I think that if you include some of this the game will be more historically accurate.

Does anyone know if there is a way to specify the "sector" (north vs south, range of latitudes) of a ship that is moving from europe to the new world? For instance, if there are whaling tiles in the northern most regions in a gigantic map I find it is strange to have the ship arrive at some random spot and then cross the remaining distance to where i need to be. To overcome this, we can use the "go to city" feature after building a northern remote colony but it seems more like a hack. Any other work arounds that don't involve the go to city? For eg. some way of remembering the tile where a unit "went to europe" and making it return to the same spot?

For eg. some way of remembering the tile where a unit "went to europe" and making it return to the same spot ?

I suggested the implementation of "Rallying Points" a while ago.
Those could then be used as targets for the GOTO-Feature on the map or as targets for the SAILTO-Feature from Europe/Africa/Port Royal.

It simply wasn't implemented yet.

Any news from infracta on that? :scan:

I am really sorry, but our contact person at infracta simply did not have any time to upload the mod to the server last week.
(People have real lifes ...)

But he promissed us to do it this weekend. :)

@millansoft:

Sorry, but switching some Leaders with some Founding Fathers as you suggest will get an absolute veto from my side.
Why does a leader need to be a "Viceroy" ? William Penn for England is no Viceroy either.

It is an incredible amount of effort to find suiting graphics and redo the balancing (e.g. finding suitable bonusses that haven't been used yet),
without any benefit considering gameplay.

This is just about personal taste.
If we would change that, the next player would come along and demand that it shall be changed back.

But of course, you can do whatever you want in your private modmod. :thumbsup:
(No mod can ever completely satisfy everybodies personal taste.)

--------

Considering the addition of a few more Founding Fathers, I am open minded though.
The main condition is though that we find some interesting new bonuses (and don't just copy existing ones).

@millansoft:

Sorry, but switching some Leaders with some Founding Fathers will get an absolute veto from my side.

It is an incredible amount of effort to fing suiting graphics and redo the balancing (e.g. finding suitable bonusses that haven't been used yet).

Thanks for your input but once again:
No to this idea.

Yes, from my side, too. I have made a quick check and could not find any further leaderheads with good quality.

However, we could implement some new FF...there are some very good Pictures available for Belgrano and O'Higgins.

However, we could implement some new FF...there are some very good Pictures available for Belgrano and O'Higgins.

That woud be ok for me, but those new FFs should have interesting new bonusses.
(I don't want to have several FFs giving the same bonus.)

At the moment I don't have the time to do any research for Belgrano or O'Higgins or to come up with good ideas for bonusses.
But we could keep those 2 in mind.

Hello,

The mod is great and very fun as it's right now, just was an idea to do it more accurate as the game is about colonize and later gain independence, and south america was full of colonies and for now are missing all the founding fathers from that continent. I just posted it because its a little strange (to me) that founding fathers like San Martin and Bolivar are missing, that's all. Pizarro was a conqueror like Cortes that now is a leader in the game. When I finish the Spanish translation I will upload it, i'm in the colonizopedia right now, it's going to take me some time that part :)

Regards!

When I finish the Spanish translation I will upload it, i'm in the colonizopedia right now, it's going to take me some time that part :)

It would be best to wait with any translations until Release 2.1 is out.
(Hopefully this weekend.)

The files for texts have been massively changed since last release.

Is there an easy way of getting a trace in-game while modding? My debugger is crashing right now and I do not want to spend more time on that. (i believe it is a version compatibility issue, so downloading the latest version right now)..But out of curiosity, how do you guys generally mod and test w\o a debugger? Is there a standard practice for logging and tracing?

Top Bottom