Fall Further on Hiatus

The really fantastic news is that Civ V will use the same system: XML and Python - and thus the modding storm can begin again.

If Civ V pushes Fall Further into retirement, well, that doesn't mean you couldn't start Fall Further 2, or depending on how things go, just port it to Firaxis' new, faster engine.

I could be convinced to rise from my modder's shallow grave and give full-fledged assistance there... *cough cough hint hint nudge nudge*

The really fantastic news is that Civ V will use the same system: XML and Python - and thus the modding storm can begin again.

If Civ V pushes Fall Further into retirement, well, that doesn't mean you couldn't start Fall Further 2, or depending on how things go, just port it to Firaxis' new, faster engine.

I could be convinced to rise from my modder's shallow grave and give full-fledged assistance there... *cough cough hint hint nudge nudge*

Have they announced that they'll be using Python? I know I've seen mention of the DLL and XML, but haven't seen anything official about python as yet.

Have they announced that they'll be using Python? I know I've seen mention of the DLL and XML, but haven't seen anything official about python as yet.

Python is out, they will not be using python. Lua is replacing python.

Hey, I can be wrong. I thought I'd heard python. Go early-game-information phase.
The good news is I can code LUA to an extent too, especially if I have reference work available (like the core game's code.)

Top Bottom