Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

Started a custom game with the following checked off:

Broader Alignments, Flavour Start, Religion based interface, No Vassal States, Unrestricted leaders.

Victory conditions: I checked off the default quick conditions and put the normal conditions in: Time, Conquest, Domination, Cultural, Religious, Tower of Mastery, Altar of ...whatever its called :lol:

I wanted to play Capria leading the Svartalfar, and then had normal leaders: Sab/Bannor, Perp/Balseraphs, Alexis/Calabim, Cardith/Kurioates, Tasunke/Hippus, Falamar/Lanun, Kandros/Khazad, Kolsovahn/Cualli, Mahala/Doviello, Tebryn/Sheaim

After making sure all this was correct, I hit Launch! button and...CTD.

Restarted the game. Started to build this exact game again except I can not get the Unrestricted Leaders option to work. I scroll down to Capria, and the Bannor fills in automatically...with the option checked on or off.

Vica versa as well, I fill in Svarts first, then go to Capria and the Svarts get replaced by Bannor.

Make sure unrestricted is checked, it is. Try it again, no dice. Uncheck it. No dice. Restart the game again. Same thing.

I will play around with the options some more in an attempt to replicate the CTD and maybe figure out how to get the Unrestricted Leader option to take.

Edit: Getting random options checked now when restarting the game...first time the No Demonic Horde was checked off...second time the No Wild Animals was checked off.

Small bug, quick fix. :) TXT_KEY_TECH_TRACKING in the tech pop up.

Edit: Doh! Already posted, somehow I missed that on the first page. :p

Confirming that random seed on reload doesn't carry over, same event happened over and over on reload.

Also, got a save for allied barbs-

You can see that the demonic vines that should be allied aren't. Also if you wait for a demon to spawn in your lands, you certainly won't get a friendly welcome, they'll beeline for the closest city of yours.

Attachments

• Nighty Night-0118.CivBeyondSwordSave
    567.1 KB · Views: 76
>Blood of the Phoenix does not work for the Scions (might be intended)
>A Ghostwalker with the Horned Dread promotion can upgrade to a Redactor. Not only does the promotion stay when the unit is upgraded, it doesn't go away if another Ghostwalker manifests Horned Dread.
>Mend Nature (cast by a Redactor) declares war if it changes friendly territory, but there is no "do you really want to do this?" popup.

TXT_KEY_STRATEGY (I think) shows up when you hover over the Vault Gate for the Kahdi.

You have to click on the heal button every turn for you unit to heal in enemy lands (Check in previous uploaded save, try healing the gargoyle).

Turns out the Barbarian Animals were able to capture Brigit because she (Held version) is flagged as Always Hostile. A fix I forgot about putting in place so that civilizations at peace with the demon will still be able to free her. So that will remain possible, but I am still not sure how they managed to get a level 15 unit so quickly. Unless playing on Quick/Deity, then they had free XP to start with AND became a real beast of a beast quickly...

You have to click on the heal button every turn for you unit to heal in enemy lands (Check in previous uploaded save, try healing the gargoyle).

That will happen any time that you have an enemy in sight who is capable of attacking you the next turn and the strongest defender in the stack is healing. Get someone stronger to guard him while healing, or move out of range of retalliation and he will heal without re-command (until a unit moves to place him in danger again).

I could check into making the system ignore enemy units who are in cities though, that one would be reasonable.

>Blood of the Phoenix does not work for the Scions (might be intended)
>A Ghostwalker with the Horned Dread promotion can upgrade to a Redactor. Not only does the promotion stay when the unit is upgraded, it doesn't go away if another Ghostwalker manifests Horned Dread.
>Mend Nature (cast by a Redactor) declares war if it changes friendly territory, but there is no "do you really want to do this?" popup.

Blood didn't work because none of your units are living targets probably. I have to wait to hear from Tarq about the Ghostwalker thing, don't actually know enough to say if that IS a bug :blush:

Playing with Patch B

to create Fishing Boats (on Fish) with a work boat takes 217....etc turns
seen with both Austrin and Calabim
tested with lanun - same result (on fish and pearls) - but can use the fishing boats to place a Pirate Cove (which is unrelated, obviously)

Confirming that random seed on reload doesn't carry over, same event happened over and over on reload.

Also, got a save for allied barbs-

You can see that the demonic vines that should be allied aren't. Also if you wait for a demon to spawn in your lands, you certainly won't get a friendly welcome, they'll beeline for the closest city of yours.

Have ANY demons been peaceful to you? Everything I try to add to the world is hostile right now. So it might just be that Hyborem's Peace isn't being set properly

Well, I think that Brigit was freed in about the first 10 turns (of a classical start advanced start game), so getting up to level 15 that quickly seems truly ridiculous. Ok, it might have been closer to 15 or 25, but it is still outrageous.

It is possible that the Ring of Carcer's tile was considered a valid place for an animal (probably a polar Bear) to spawn? I'm thinking that if that happened Brigit_held would be pushed out of the Ring and then become vulnerable to attack.

Would that be fixed if (as I usually do) you removed Brigt_held and made Brigit be spawned by a <PythonOnMove> function? Does that function still run when a unit spawn on the tile, or only when it moved onto the tile from another tile?

Blood didn't work because none of your units are living targets probably. I have to wait to hear from Tarq about the Ghostwalker thing, don't actually know enough to say if that IS a bug :blush:
That was the case with Blood of the Phoenix. I finally tracked down the one not-undead unit I had and noticed that he had gained immortal. That ended up being a nice fix to the whole immortal great person bug from FfH, though.

I really hope the Horned Dread glitch is a bug, and not intentional, as leads to strength 27 Redactors.

Continuing with Mend Nature, I've noticed that now I am getting war warnings, but it's based on whether a unit is in range (which doesn't matter for Mend Nature) and not territory. So I'm getting warnings about every third turn due to spiders despite being at war with everyone else and being in the middle of the wilderness.

I havn't read through this whole thread yet so I may be repeating previous posts. I was playing as Scions, and my tech advisor does not work. I can still research once the pop-up shows, but I can't change the tech I'm researching and I can't plan ahead. Also(this is really minor but...) my custom game started with debug mode default... not really a big deal, but I thought I should mention it.

Couple of oddities - I got three goodies from one hut (A scout, then a warrior, then XP), and the XP was given to the warrior instead of my scout.

Also, now that I have mining, my workers can build mines in forest in 4 turns, despite not having bronze working. Seems a bit fast?

EDIT: Also, found a goblin fort with no defenders (it was sitting on a Patrian Artifacts if that makes any difference).

I really hope the Horned Dread glitch is a bug, and not intentional, as leads to strength 27 Redactors.

Yep, bug. Kinda tempted, though. :) And I've got a least a partial fix for the Mend nature war thing - and a bunch of other war-causing Scion spells. The warnings are still not working properly but I think I've got the actual wars starting/not-starting properly. (Your second post did help me locate the problem, btw.)

I think I discovered another reason why raging barbs are so pathetic in FF .50.

I opened the World Builder and EVERY single barb city is building an Artisan's Workshop. Aside from the fact that it takes away from the building of new barb units as was the case before, the number of turns to build the workshop are all in the 100-200+ range. In other words, the barb cities are pretty much building nothing.

I'm not sure what gave them the artisan bug, but it probably needs to be changed. Would make more sense to have them churn out units to add to those spawned as in the past. ;)

More strangeness: I just had a Tiger run into my territory to kill two of my workers. What gives?

EDIT: Also, is there any way to get the Shackled promotion off of Korrina the Red?

I just tried to play again, now all the bars on the edges of the screen disapeared. I can't look at any of my advisors, see unit stats, or even see my flag:eek:. I have to say that I am thoughrouly anoyed:blush:. Oh well, it's my fault for not waiting untill the bugs are fixed I guess. Untill they are, I think I'm gonna go back to the previous version...

Well, I think that Brigit was freed in about the first 10 turns (of a classical start advanced start game), so getting up to level 15 that quickly seems truly ridiculous. Ok, it might have been closer to 15 or 25, but it is still outrageous.

It is possible that the Ring of Carcer's tile was considered a valid place for an animal (probably a polar Bear) to spawn? I'm thinking that if that happened Brigit_held would be pushed out of the Ring and then become vulnerable to attack.

Would that be fixed if (as I usually do) you removed Brigt_held and made Brigit be spawned by a <PythonOnMove> function? Does that function still run when a unit spawn on the tile, or only when it moved onto the tile from another tile?

Far as I can understand the code, I have it set to never spawn any units on a tile which has any unit, even if that unit is of the same Civ as the one being spawned. So it shouldn't be an animal trying to spawn on her. And I think that PyOnMove is triggered from ::setXY, not ::move, so that would mean spawning a unit there would trigger it, but you would just write the python code to forbid Barbarian units from gaining her and be covered anyway.

I havn't read through this whole thread yet so I may be repeating previous posts. I was playing as Scions, and my tech advisor does not work. I can still research once the pop-up shows, but I can't change the tech I'm researching and I can't plan ahead. Also(this is really minor but...) my custom game started with debug mode default... not really a big deal, but I thought I should mention it.

Odd that you would get the popup at all, I would suspect a hidden option were that the case. As it is not, I'd inquire if you have any screen at all in the Tech Advisor. Are ther eno icons, all icons are red, or are they just not reacting to your mouse clicks?

Couple of oddities - I got three goodies from one hut (A scout, then a warrior, then XP), and the XP was given to the warrior instead of my scout.

Also, now that I have mining, my workers can build mines in forest in 4 turns, despite not having bronze working. Seems a bit fast?

EDIT: Also, found a goblin fort with no defenders (it was sitting on a Patrian Artifacts if that makes any difference).

The goblin fort was quite likely a spawned lair. They only spawn with a defender if there is a civilization who can see it when it spawned. I am pretty sure I'll be removing the "guard lairs" code completely, except from the Goblin Forts, fairly soon here anway.

On the hut, I think I understand what happened. Rather amusing, and a side-effect of me fixing the scouts getting hostile reactions. But the new fix next patch will finally have it working right :)

I think I discovered another reason why raging barbs are so pathetic in FF .50.

I opened the World Builder and EVERY single barb city is building an Artisan's Workshop. Aside from the fact that it takes away from the building of new barb units as was the case before, the number of turns to build the workshop are all in the 100-200+ range. In other words, the barb cities are pretty much building nothing.

I'm not sure what gave them the artisan bug, but it probably needs to be changed. Would make more sense to have them churn out units to add to those spawned as in the past. ;)

Looks like I should have blacklisted them on buildings afterall. I hadn't initially because I thought it was mildly fitting for them to build a couple, but thinking about it again, I see no reason to allow Barbarians to build any buildings at all, instead I should just set them up to ignore building requirements. Not that many of their units HAVE building requirements.

Also wondering if it is fitting for them to bother with having workers.

@MaxAstro: As for the tiger in your borders, that is because animals ARE allowed to move in owned territory if they start the move inside of owned territory. So if your borders expand and the animal has nowhere to run, it'll be loose and free to terrorize your units. Or if your neighbor finishes Nature's Revolt and animals wander into his territory, they can then cross the border into your territory.

@Randomness: Sorry that it isn't working so well for you. Wish I could replicate the issue to get it fixed up and running, but so far haven't been able to get half of the bizarre things that are reported to repeat effectively :(

Top Bottom