planes relocating not realistic

redhulkz

Prince
i want to make my planes really fly to a city instead of relocating ( or teleporting) to it.

it doesnt make sense to relocating from one corner to another of the world in 1 turn.

so i try use civ2's style. i try to disable its relocating option and increasing the planes's operational range( beyond 8 ) , but i cant change both either.

any ideas

i think i can 'force' planes to fly to a city by uncheck the re-base option. how about increasing its operational range beyond 8 ? how ?

i increase its movement points to 16, it didnt work. the plane cant move out of the city at all :cry:

I am not sure how you think it is unrealistic, given that a turn by the time you get flight can be anywhere from 1 to 5 years in length. It only takes a matter of hours to get from one side of America to another, and less than a day to travel to somewhere on the other side of the globe. When you consider that when you rebase you cannot do anything else, that should alleviate the "realism" factor in a game that realism is not the focus in the first place.

Aircraft today can leave from the US, land in Diego Garcia on the other side of the world, and be performing bombing runs the next day.

hmmm... sound logic.

btw who know how to increase its operational range beyond 8 ?

and what are the difference between checking and unchecking the bombard effects option ?

Originally posted by redhulkz
i think i can 'force' planes to fly to a city by uncheck the re-base option. how about increasing its operational range beyond 8 ? how ?

i increase its movement points to 16, it didnt work. the plane cant move out of the city at all :cry:

Sounds like you did not uncheck the immobile flag. I agree that all of your airforce should not be able to rebase at once. Movement in the game of units does not equate to the turn count of years going on. For that same reason I dont allow railroads till the final advance in the game. Any kind of instant movement is a type of exploit as the ai cant react to it properly....dread

Originally posted by dreadknought

Sounds like you did not uncheck the immobile flag. I agree that all of your airforce should not be able to rebase at once. Movement in the game of units does not equate to the turn count of years going on. For that same reason I dont allow railroads till the final advance in the game. Any kind of instant movement is a type of exploit as the ai cant react to it properly....dread

u know how to increase planes operational range beyond 8 ?

I don't think planes are so far from reality as far as rebasing. Though bombing rate of stelths is a problem :( Personaly I use stealth bombers with an infinite bombing range like ICBMs since they have (as far as I know) great fly intependence and to correct the situation i multiply 3 or 4 times their sield value since they are much more expencive from the jet fighters. I think us has about 60 stelths and each one costs about 60mil$(?) (I m not very sure about that)

Yes just go to the op range setting in the editor and add to it......dread:goodjob:

Originally posted by redhulkz

i tried that but i cant increase it beyond 8 . thats the problem

You must (like me) be using vanilla Civ, where it's hardcoded to max out at 8 - I'm told however that PTW allows you to go beyond 8.

Top Bottom