[Religion and Revolution]: Monasteries and Forts

Looking for a cool wooden Fort? :D

I've discovered this model in the "Colonization: Forts"-ModComp, so main credit goes to Kailric. :goodjob:

Well, I've just modified the graphic a little by inserting the flagpole :)
(was the first time I did something on a NIF and I am totaly surprised that it worked...) :lol:

If you like to implement this, here are the suggested settings for CIV4ArtDefines_Improvement.xml:
Code:
		<ImprovementArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_FORT</Type>
			<bExtraAnimations>0</bExtraAnimations>
			<fScale>0.6</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.3</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Structures/Improvements/Fort/Fort2.nif</NIF>
			<KFM></KFM>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Colonization_Atlas.dds,2,10</Button>
		</ImprovementArtInfo>

Does anybody have the skills (and the time) to modifiy the flag showing the respective Civ-Flag (emblem) instead of the generic cross? Wow, that would be really great! :crazyeye:
(in Civ4 there are medieval units having their corresponding Civ-emblem on the shield, maybe it could be done similarly...)
Spoiler :
Alternately, the same effect could also be achieved by using different NIFs & dds and creating civ-specific ARTSTYLE entries for the fort in PlotLSystem.XML. :mischief:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot_fort2.gif
    Civ4ScreenShot_fort2.gif
    391.2 KB · Views: 607
  • Fort.7z
    358.1 KB · Views: 273
I will see what I can do with the flag...

At this stage I'm have modified the graphic a little. :)

I can create different flags for our Europe nations, but at the moment I'm not familiar enough with blender to create an animated flag which will wave over the fort. :(

I like the fort concept. How close can you build the forts to each other? I could see the player exploiting the forts to an unrealistic degree by having a line of forts right next to each other. Would that be possible, to make a fort wall?

As for the graphics, the wooden fort is a good place to start. Similar to the growing improvements concept, the wooden fort should be able to upgrade over time, given a certain criteria is met. Except for in this case perhaps a pioneer would need to improve the fort once the criteria is met. The improved fort would give an even bigger defensive bonus to defending soldiers, and if possible or reasonable, increase the zone of control by one square. But that second idea may be too much.

I have not studied this thread in detail, but maybe it could be helpful for the XML part?

I know about this mod-comp.
I have not checked its code though.

Top Bottom