Massive graphical glitches - Need help

Captainwhizfiz

Chieftain
So I just got CiV and I installed a bunch of mods. It was running smoothly for a while but then some weird graphical glitches started occurring. Icons being replaced with black squares. Some icons being replaced with strange textures. The 3d models of the leaders look like they've been covered in oil, as in, there are strange colors all over them. And now even animations are getting messed up. Units begin the attack animation and then freeze. It resolves and finishes the attack but I still want that attack animation.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

It could be one of the mods you are using is buggy or doesn't work well with another mod. The only thing I can think of is to remove mods until the problem goes away. You'll have to narrow it down.

If your not playing a mod, how old is your computer?

If it was already more than a year old when Civ V Vanilla first game out, then try the version with the older version of DirectX.

And you also might try lowering the graphic settings.

Note that late game is lot more demanding on the graphics card than early or even mid game. It's quite common to see people as a work around going into strategic mode in late game.

Top Bottom