US Gov't Sues Arizona Over Immigration Law

Actually, it's because of the recession. Less jobs in supply so therefore less demand for immigration.

Do you really think farmers need fewer illegal migrant workers to pick crops? Sure there is a recession, however, the kind of jobs illegals do arent the ones being lost.

The law does not say that Officers MUST harass this part of the pop. The law says that if you are pulled over, look like an immigrant (foreign looking, heavy accent), and don't have a green card, they could be arrested. After all, aren't immigrants required to always have their Greencard?
What if it is a citizen that is foreign looking and has a heavy accent? Should that person be arrested when they can't produce a green card that doesn't exist? Do you carry proof of citizenship?

Do you really think farmers need fewer illegal migrant workers to pick crops? Sure there is a recession, however, the kind of jobs illegals do arent the ones being lost.

Yup.

This isn't a matter of thinking, mind you, just empirical fact.

Yup.

This isn't a matter of thinking, mind you, just empirical fact.

Your story goes further than just laying sole blame on the recession, if you didnt notice. It gives equal credit to harsher crackdowns on illegals and their employers.

Do you give credit to actions such as Arizona's also making the number of illegals coming here smaller? I'd say thats having an affect as well, wouldnt you?

Your story goes further than just laying sole blame on the recession, if you didnt notice. It gives equal credit to harsher crackdowns on illegals and their employers.
Sure, but crediting to both is directly contradictory to your claim that reports of declining illegal immigration is because of a lack of enforcement.

Do you give credit to actions such as Arizona's also making the number of illegals coming here smaller? I'd say thats having an affect as well, wouldnt you?

Why would I give credit to Arizona? The article was created only a week after the bill was passed and referred to a larger trend.

I love how the left somehow equates the AZ law with this buzzword "bigotry / bigoted". I'd love for somebody to indicate where in the approved legislation the notion of bigotry can even be construed. Does it even identify the obvious truth that 96% of all undocumented people in Arizona are Latino (and 85% hail from Mexico)? And of course we have to make the connection!!! We know what those "bigots" are up too!!!

Now, if one is a bigot because he/she enforces said law, then it must be out of ignorance? What?

Maybe some people don't know what the word means. That is most likely.

~Chris

The real question is how many legitimate residents are going to be forced to prove their status for no reason other than their appearance. If the answer is 1 or more, then the law is antiAmerican.

I am still waiting for someone to point out how this law is bigoted, posted thus far have failed miserably.

The law isn't. The ONLY way to enforce it is. They could of gone about this in better ways. Say any day laborers have to have work permits that must be shown when asked, (only while working, like my drivers license). From there you can (have too) legally seek to ID who this person is.

We need to have harder laws on people employing Illegals (and ways to check the self employed). And I don't care how bad the problem is, we can not start giving up Rights because it's the easy way out.

What if it is a citizen that is foreign looking and has a heavy accent? Should that person be arrested when they can't produce a green card that doesn't exist? Do you carry proof of citizenship?

They will be able to prove citizenship. Then everything will be alright. States on the boarder require you to be a citizen to get a license. You have your license, your good.

You don't need papers proving who you are in the USofA. And cops can't ask you for ID with no reason. It's crazy to even think this would be ok. The only time I am legally required to have my drivers license on me is when I'm driving.

They will be able to prove citizenship. Then everything will be alright. States on the boarder require you to be a citizen to get a license. You have your license, your good.

Hey cool, a plan so full of holes that even teenagers can evade.

I'd make it irrelevant by liberalizing immigration laws and letting the labor market decide.

So you would let them in?! What about all the people who had to go through all the work of becoming legal citizens, what would they think? "Well I had to all that work, and they can get in for free?" Same thing as, "I bought civ IV for 50 bucks, and now it's free?"

There is no citizenship requirement to obtain a driver's license in any state and you are not required to have a driver's license at all (so long as you are not driving). Thus, a non-citizen can produce a valid driver's license and a citizen (who perhaps calls the police to have her husband to stop beating her) would not necessarily be able to prove up via your method if she didn't drive. We are again reduced to "foreign looking" and "thick accent" as criteria. Unless you want to require citizens to carry absolute proof of citizenship, the law can potentially subject foreign-looking, thick accented citizens to round-up.

The real question is how many legitimate residents are going to be forced to prove their status for no reason other than their appearance. If the answer is 1 or more, then the law is antiAmerican.

I guess we can stop those strict custom inspections from certain countries, I'd hate for one person to have to prove themselves just because of their nationality :(

Yes, thats how ridiculous your hyperbole has become.

I guess we can stop those strict custom inspections from certain countries, I'd hate for one person to have to prove themselves just because of their nationality :(
That is for the privilege of international travel and crossing the border, not walking down the street in Tempe.

So you would let them in?! What about all the people who had to go through all the work of becoming legal citizens, what would they think? "Well I had to all that work, and they can get in for free?" Same thing as, "I bought civ IV for 50 bucks, and now it's free?"

Civ IV is $7.60 right now.

The immigration process being laborious isn't an argument for keeping it as such.

There is no citizenship requirement to obtain a driver's license in any state and you are not required to have a driver's license at all (so long as you are not driving). Thus, a non-citizen can produce a valid driver's license and a citizen (who perhaps calls the police to have her husband to stop beating her) would not necessarily be able to prove up via your method if she didn't drive. We are again reduced to "foreign looking" and "thick accent" as criteria. Unless you want to require citizens to carry absolute proof of citizenship, the law can potentially subject foreign-looking, thick accented citizens to round-up.

What you say is true. I would like the liberals here to now make their plan for stopping the illegals that is perfect. They are criticizing, and start helping.

Great post BTW \/

The law isn't. The ONLY way to enforce it is. They could of gone about this in better ways. Say any day laborers have to have work permits that must be shown when asked, (only while working, like my drivers license). From there you can (have too) legally seek to ID who this person is.

We need to have harder laws on people employing Illegals (and ways to check the self employed). And I don't care how bad the problem is, we can not start giving up Rights because it's the easy way out.

That would be nice, but the same racists who are foaming at the mouth because a law that checks immigration would invariable affect more Latinos because they as a reality make up the plurality of illegal immigrants would be foaming at the mouth because such a check would invariably affect more Latinos because they as a reality make up the plurality of day workers.

You see, the problem here for the racists like La Raza and their sort is not that we are enforcing illegal immigration. They don't raise a finger to help Asian or African or Eastern European immigrants. Their sole motivation and objection that for whatever reason whether it be fair or unfair, circimstantial or targeted, legal or illegal, is that it affects their fellow ethnicity. They are motivated by race and race alone.

The reality is that due to geography, democraphics and econimics the majority or immigrants, legal and illegal, are going to Mexican or Latin American. This is a reality, and thus any program dealing with immigration is going to affect them more than others. That is not racism. Objecting to it is racism.

Top Bottom