Info Addict

Info Addict v6 is now available for download. This is primarily a bug fix release.

• Removed the black flecks that occasionally showed up in the historical graph lines. Joints between horizontal and vertical lines are not perfect yet but it's much better now.
  • Fixed bugs related to the economic view in the global relations graph.
  • Patch 1.0.0.621 changes merged.

Spoiler mod integrators: file changes and additions to v6 :
Code:
M      InfoAddict/InfoAddictReadMe.txt
M      InfoAddict/XML/DiploCorner.xml
M      InfoAddict/XML/InGame.xml
M      InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictHistoricalData.xml
M      InfoAddict/Lua/DiploCorner.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictHistoricalData.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictCivRelations.lua

I managed to remember to upload the zip file before I posted this so the new version is available there and from the mod browser. :D

That's mainly because I was lazy at the beginning of coding the mod and didn't pay attention to localized strings. I plan on going through the code at some point and changing all the strings so that the language can change and people can submit translations.

Ok! I waiting when you changing all strings :p

Would it be possible to add a civilization info tab with their likes and dislikes?

I find myself opening up each civs xml to see what their warmonger hate is etc before I go to battle to see what changes might occur in my current relationships. Is it possible to to add a tab that reads the info from civs xml's and lists it?

Another question. Is there any new info on how our actions affect our relationships with civs? ex: If I'm in a pact of secrecy with the Aztecs against England and I trade with England is their something in lua(that we can currently see without the source) that shows the decrease in my relationship with the Aztecs?

For the first, that's a pretty good idea, I'll add it to the wishlist, although I'll try to present it in a way that doesn't give away too much.

For the second, I'm not sure if that information is available although I haven't made any real effort to look for it. I've thought about adding an "attitude" view to the global relations graph that would show something like red lines between civs that are hostile to each other and green lines between civs that are all buddy-buddy. When I briefly looked around on how to get that info, I didn't see anything about specifics that indicated why a civ is hostile or not.

A guy doing this on his free time, for no pay, while the devs were too lazy to do it while being PAID DAILY for working on the game..
Boggles the mind...

Thank you sir.

This mod is a musst. Send an email to the developers and tell them to pay you for doing their job.

Baleur and Koltorak, while Info Addict is excellent, the devs did not want charts like this; The whole point of not having visible diplo-modifiers was to make diplomacy more 'natural'. So the lack of charts in Civ5 is not due to 'laziness'.

Now, was that idea flawed? Maybe. The implementation was, at least. The idea had some merit.

Anyway, feature request: On the diplomacy chart, is there any case you could display city states as well? Say, allied city states appear "orbiting" their ally?

Not my idea, I'm just repeating it here. :lol:

That feature already exists. You should be able to select and deselect civs in the global relations chart by clicking on the icons as well as selecting the lines to show by clicking on the text descriptions of the connections at the bottom right of the screen.

Wow, I didn't realize that. Great!

Baleur and Koltorak, while Info Addict is excellent, the devs did not want charts like this; The whole point of not having visible diplo-modifiers was to make diplomacy more 'natural'. So the lack of charts in Civ5 is not due to 'laziness'.

Now, was that idea flawed? Maybe. The implementation was, at least. The idea had some merit.

Having an Espionage branche at the social policies would have been perfect for this.
"Wiretapping": Ability to see all demographics and graphs
"Diplomatic lobby": Unlocking the Global Politics screen
"Surveillance": Able to view cityscreen foreign cities
"Interrogation": Information about enemy units

Would there be any reason why this mod isn't working? I downloaded and installed it, but I don't see "Info Addict" As a choice underneath the scroll.

Help please? I started playing Civilization 5 again, just because of this mod. I couldn't stand playing Civ 5 without graphs.

@RRtexasranger
Check that it's extracted properly in your MODS directory. Do you have any other mods enabled which contain the file ingame.xml ? These files clash with each other. Find/download/install/enable Thalassicus's mod "Compatibility - Ingame.xml", and delete all other ingame.xml files in the various individual mods, including this one. It should work then.

Would there be any reason why this mod isn't working? I downloaded and installed it, but I don't see "Info Addict" As a choice underneath the scroll.

Did you download and install manually or through the mod browser? If it's manually, make sure you're putting it in a directory like the following (I'm on win7, not sure if it's different for XP or Vista).

Code:
C:\Users\robk\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods

Other than that and what Perkus suggested, the only other idea I have is deleting all your mods and trying Info Addict first and then putting the others in one by one.

Help please? I started playing Civilization 5 again, just because of this mod. I couldn't stand playing Civ 5 without graphs.

Actually I had the same problem yesterday. I run a lot of mods and some of them use the Ingame.xml file. Therefore I deleted your xml (after backup) and used the compatibility - ingame.xml mod from Thalassicis. Didn't work though. Maybe it has something to do with the Lua\ path prefix in your ingame.xml. That differs from the one in Thalassicus' where the prefix isn't there.

Anyway the game was kind of sensitive to me meddling with the files and the only way I could get InfoAddict to show up was to delete the mod and download/install it again - even though that meant I had multiple ingame.xml files.

\Skodkim

To be clear, it's not actually "underneath the scroll." You have to click *on* the scroll and it appears as a new option at the bottom of the list that pops up!

I'm having the same problem as RRtexasranger. When I click the scroll there isn't any tab that says Info Addict so I have no way of accessing the information. I've tried reinstalling the mod several times as well as installing it from the in-game mod database. Also, I did of course have the mod enabled in the options and there aren't even any other mods that I'm currently running. Lastly I tried deleting all of my old saves (including quick and auto-saves) but still no luck.

If anyone comes up with a fix to this please let me know because this seems like a great mod and it would be nice to actually be able to use it.

Hmm... That's not a bad idea. :goodjob:

Sorry for being so absolute, but... Are you kidding? Social policies standing alone are bad enough, now you want to make a branch that will semi-disable the most handiest tool on the game?! If you're going to do this, at least make an option to turn it off or make a spin-off mod for it.

Sorry for being so absolute, but... Are you kidding? Social policies standing alone are bad enough, now you want to make a branch that will semi-disable the most handiest tool on the game?! If you're going to do this, at least make an option to turn it off or make a spin-off mod for it.

Hey, I never said I would do it. Or that I intended to do it.

All I meant was that it could be a good replacement for the civ4 espionage system (which I hated). :lol:

I'm having the same problem as RRtexasranger. When I click the scroll there isn't any tab that says Info Addict so I have no way of accessing the information. I've tried reinstalling the mod several times as well as installing it from the in-game mod database. Also, I did of course have the mod enabled in the options and there aren't even any other mods that I'm currently running. Lastly I tried deleting all of my old saves (including quick and auto-saves) but still no luck.

Hmm, the only time I had this problem was when I tried to load games that I saved prior to using Info Addict myself but it doesn't sound like you or RRtexasranger are doing that.

How about trying to delete your cache folder? Exit the game, delete everything in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache and then restart. Those files will get rebuilt, which includes the mod database file. Maybe there's some stale or missing entry in there that's causing compatibility problems with Info Addict.

No worries there Kris: I'm not interested in adding that into the mod although, like I said earlier in the thread, I have given it some thought. Even if I did add stuff like this, I would have an option somewhere to turn off the gradual inclusion of the info so that it is available at all times. The whole reason I built the mod was because I am addicted to these graphs. I check them constantly, not only for strategic reasons but because I want to feel good about my progress. :crazyeye:

If someone, or even mod integrators, want to code companion mods that hide certain parts of info addict, I'd be happy to put in an interface to make that possible. Something like:

Code:
include("InfoAddictLib");
if (someTechIsAvailable) then
  setInfoAddictHistoricalChartsVisible(true);
else
  setInfoAddictHistoricalChartsVisible(false);
end

That way, Info Addict, by itself, would act like it does now but it could be included in more ... stringent? ... modpacks without making all the info available at all times. It'll also let me concentrate on the data & its display and not muck around with balance adjustments (like what techs or social policies would open portions of info addict).

By the way, if someone actually wants this, make sure you post to the thread so I know there's some actual desire for it.

Top Bottom