PBEM Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

GPS to Jureil.

The Empire of Japan declares war on the French Third Republic.

The Daily Telegraph: Wire from our correspondant in Hong Kong-The war in East Asia has taken a new turn as Japan enters the war alongside Britain. Japanese cruisers and gunboats have been spotted steaming off the coast, and Imperial Army troops have disembarked and seized the railway and telegraph station near the mouth of the river delta. This 'Pearl River Constabulary' of some 50,000 troops has stated as its goal 'to dismantle the illegal French occupation of Hong Kong and Macao and re-establish proper governance'. Further reports are coming in that there has been naval action in the South China Sea and possible landings further south.

Dispositions at the commencement of hostilities:

Spoiler :

Excerpts from the ultimatum delivered in Paris from the Japanese embassy-
"The Empire of Japan can no longer tolerate the hostile actions of the French Republic against her friends, the British and Ottoman Empires. Our hope that a peaceful resolution could be enacted early did not come to fruition due to wanton French agression. The ceasefire made in good faith by Italy and Britain was cyncially abused for France to resume its lust for conquest in the Netherlands. While European affairs lay outside the Japanese scope of interests, our nation could not stand by while French aggression threatens peaceable trade in East Asia."

Japanese Troops in Indochina:

Spoiler :

A constabulary force has landed near Hong Kong and an Indochine Expeditionary Force lands in Việt Nam south of the Perfume River. The Imperial Japanese Navy engages French naval vessels near Hainan.

HJMS Fuji BB (5/5) bombards Bouet Willaumez TB (2/2), torpedo boat sunk all hands
HJMS Yashima BB (5/5) bombards Troude PC (2/2), damaged 1/2
HJMS Kasuga CA (4/4) bombards Doudart De La Gree TB (2/2), damaged 1/2
HJMS Nishin CA (4/4) bombards Edmond Fontaine TB (2/2), damaged 1/2

Imperial Japanese Navy shells French vessels in South China Sea:

Spoiler :

Our terms are total French withdrawal from East Asia and the restoration of Allied territory.

Why would we withhdraw entirely from SE Asia if that's all we stand to lose from a Japanese attack? As we speak a peace deal is being hammered out, and could possibly be signed this turn. I hope Japan reconsiders this act of war in light of our impending peace deal, and not ruin what could be an end to this war.
Taking Brussels was simply a show of force- that we could have destroyed the British landing handily if we wanted to.

It's a beautiful news report. I'm gonna have to just link them instead of adding whole text in my archive because there's no room in the post. Also how come those Japanese cruisers look different from the other ones? Is it a personal flavor or did I forget to download something?

No comment on game events at this time.

Spoiler :
220px-HMS_Phoenix_(1895)_at_anchor.jpg
News From London

The British High Command was ordered to abide by the recent ceasefire put forth by the French Government this month. There was grumbling from some of the senior staff stating that we are adhering to a ceasefire that was not ratified by any of our Alliance including England but the Queen ordered it to be done so dutiful solders carry out their orders.

French Front

British ground forces depart Western France and steam home for England in accordance with the questionable ceasefire with France.

Southeast Asian Front

British and Indian Expeditionary forces abandon the front line positions outside the city of Hanoi respecting the ceasefire with France, all other ground forces in French Indochina back out as well.

East African Front

British Colonial forces near Fort Archambanlt and Abeche move back to British Colonial East African territory.

North African Front

French warships are spotted off the West coast of Algiers. Local British commanders question if the French are taking this ceasefire as serious as Her Majesty's Forces?

West African Front

Late breaking news:The Sloop HMS Phoenix under cover of night slips past the French Naval blockade of Freetown to bring word of the besieged colonial city.

Her Majesty's medical personnel have been working round the clock administering care to wounded colonial soldiers at Freetown it seems the French Navy is not adhering to her own governments declaration of a ceasefire. French ships linger just off the coast and French Colonial Infantry occupy the forest just North of Freetown.
(BCI is still injured 4/5 but should be completely healed since it did not move and did not take part in any battles last turn I can only think of one reason...French ships shelling the city.)

Due to the blatant disregard to their own ceasefire and agreement to pull back all combatants from the front lines. The British Army High Command issues orders to stop all further withdraws from enemy land and orders any front line units that have not pulled back yet to continue offensive operations if at all possible.

GPS to Italy and Eric_A

Well I can't put the cat back into the hat at this point I was half way done with my turn when I noticed the Freeport thing and I am sorry for being so judgmental of the French moves but based on past and current behavior you have not instilled a lot of trust in me by your in game actions starting with the first sneak attack on the Ottomans to deny me the purchase of Libya. Bengal Tiger you have every right to play the game as you see fit as well as I have every right to do the same so no hard feelings...But!

The rest of the Story..............

BCI 4/5 vs FCS 3/3 = 1/5 BCI and Agades falls into British hands.

16 Ships of the Royal Navy shell Saigon 14 misses 2 hit cause only population damage.

West of Bordeaux Royal Navy ships bmbard French ships 8 TB's inflict 4 hits to the BB's Charles Martel and Carnot. The HMS Royal Sovereign BB 4/4 closes with the damaged Charles Martel 1/3 and sinks her with all hands lost Veteran 3/5 BB.
HMS Centurion BB 4/4 attacks the Carnot BB 1/3 and sinks her with all hands lost. During the battle a French TP boat manages to get off a luck shot and torpedos the Centurioun 4/5 BB Veteran.
HMS Royal Oak closes with unamed French PC 2/2 and sinks her taking damage 2/4.
HMS Revenge BB 4/4 sinks TB Audacieux 2/2 takes no damage Veteran 5/5.
HMS Speedy TB 2/2fires torpedos and sinks French TB Agile 2/2
HMS Wallaroo PC 2/2 closes with the French PC Bugeaud 1/2 and gets sunk Veteran Bugeaud 2/3
Unamed British TB does 1 damage to Bugeaud 1/3 and HMS Resolution BB 3/4 sinks her and gains Veteran 4/5
TB's and PC's bombard French Ships in port at Nantes and HMS Hussar TB gets kill shot on Brennus Tarret BB.
HMS Dwarf TB takes out BB Neptune Barbutte gains Vet status.
HMS Bramble TB sinks French PCin port.
TB Britomart sinks PC Decartes in port.
PC Phoebe sinks TB Eclaire in port.
PC Mildura sinks TB Sarrizin in port.
PC Barham sinks TB Kabyle in port.
2 more French TB sunk in port.

Royal Navy shells Brazzaville in Fench West Africa.
Royal Navy Redlines FFL and FCI South of Tunis.

British Forces take undefended Murzuk in Libya.

British Forces land North of Hong Kong.

Also in Asia Filipino Natives request that we move our ships from passing through their waters and we agree.

Last the Persian City of Estahan is shelled by several Horse Artillery Bateries city Defence is destroyed.
2-Persion Infanty killed along with 1 BCI dead but the city falls.

That's all from England

I assure you that absolutely no bombardment took place on Freetown my turn. Iirc The BCI was 2/5 the previous turn, and now its 4/5( only capitals allow full restorartion of garrisons health in one turn) My troops stationed outside Freetown were there because Freetown would be given over in a peace treaty, as put forward by England. My TB off Algiers had been fleeing from the Ottomans, and I was trying to get it back to Casablanca as soon as possible. I apologize that I did not wait before all nations acknowledged the ceasefire, but it had been up for a day with no response, and I wasn't going to delay the PBEM for everyone, instead taking on good faith that our actions would be reciprocated.
I'll repeat again, that absolutely no offensive actions were taken by he French against Italy, Ottomans, or Britain.
The only questionable act was leaving a single FCI near Freetown, as we fully expect a peace treaty this turn.

In the future, we ask that such concerns be sent privately to the Third Republic before announcing to the world we broke our own ceasefire.
France

With the outbreak of hostilities between france and japan I would like to make it known that Russia will not allow any foreign power to use its territory to attack another nation. If sovereignty is violated by either side or any nation in the future it will be taken as an act of war.

I assure you that absolutely no bombardment took place on Freetown my turn. Iirc The BCI was 2/5 the previous turn, and now its 4/5( only capitals allow full restorartion of garrisons health in one turn) My troops stationed outside Freetown were there because Freetown would be given over in a peace treaty, as put forward by England. My TB off Algiers had been fleeing from the Ottomans, and I was trying to get it back to Casablanca as soon as possible. I apologize that I did not wait before all nations acknowledged the ceasefire, but it had been up for a day with no response, and I wasn't going to delay the PBEM for everyone, instead taking on good faith that our actions would be reciprocated.
I'll repeat again, that absolutely no offensive actions were taken by he French against Italy, Ottomans, or Britain.
The only questionable act was leaving a single FCI near Freetown, as we fully expect a peace treaty this turn.

In the future, we ask that such concerns be sent privately to the Third Republic before announcing to the world we broke our own ceasefire.
France

I thought stationary units in a city healed 2 points a turn if that is not the case then I I apologize for falsely accusing you of shelling Freeport.Week 25.jpg[Week 29.jpg The first picture is week 25 3/5 BCI the second picture is week 29 4/5 BCI my understanding was 2 hit points heal per turn in a city if the unit is stationary. This is why I think your ships or a ship shelled Freetown I can not think of any other explanation. If I am wrong about this could someone please explain the the healing of damaged units in cities.

Thanks
Jureil

It's 2 per turn in a city without barracks. Instead of basing the whole turn on a missing hit point let's look at the other two points. What good is a deal before it is accepted by both sides, and then what happened in Belgium. Can't take Rome or stop an unload so steal from Germanys progress and beg for mercy.

It worked great considering. Not my style but if spamming makes your enemy back off even for half a turn it has to be respected as a formidable strategy. I don't think I could have pulled it off.

Also how come those Japanese cruisers look different from the other ones? Is it a personal flavor or did I forget to download something?

Thanks, TomYo. The new graphics are from various guys, such as Delta Strife's ships. Some are from a small pack I made for EJ and some I've added since. You didn't miss a download. Just a general disclaimer for all: changing graphics is relatively painless and does not involve altering anything in the game play itself.

Japan also has absolutely no intention to violate Russia's territorial sovereignty for any purpose.

I think I know what happened regarding Freetown. My ships had been set to "auto-bombard" the previous turn, so they do damage after everyone's turn is done. At the beginning of this turn, I had fortified those ships with full movement, but the damage(which took place last round, but at the end of everyone else's turn) was already shown. On my turn the damage had already been done at the start of the turn, as my ships did nothing this turn. In the grand scheme of things it hardly makes a difference, but we certainly did not break our ceasefire. It doesn't even make sense that we would attempt to break it in such a minute way, but I assure you we did no damage this turn. Apologies for the misunderstanding.(Originally I had thought it 2/5 because it was 2/4 when it killed my last unit- my bad on that.)

If the Ottomans wish to insult France, do it in private, or at least at the summit. I want peace this turn, not to forestall the war so I get breathing room. I am fairly confident that I could have taken Rome(my cities had just built 2 cavalries that could have crossed the hills to hit Rome that turn, but were instead used to take Brussels, and died while doing so.) I thought I made abundantly clear by taking Brussels that I could, if I wanted to, destroyed the invasion force. For the record, Brussels had not yet been struck by German forces(judging that they all had full health). I find it exhausting to justify every move I make, as it seems everything I do is considered trolling or scamming by some. I don't know if the opposition is still willing to make peace after all this, but seriously, there's no need to be rude.

The Third Republic of France hearby states that after a review of current events, we cannot, in good conscience, negotiate a peace this turn. We had put all our troops on standby, and had anchored our fleet in the Bay of Biscay to await further developments, but they were mercilessly destroyed before France could explain any misunderstandings had by certain parties. It is with deep regret that France announces that we will pursue this war with the full capabilities France has to muster. We had tried to make a genuine attempt at peace, and it was thrown in our face. Such audacity will be repaid in kind. We will not deny that we are responsible for starting this war, but we have done more than our share in trying to end it peacefully. If our foes want a war so badly, then we shall give it to them.

i just screwed up.... i spent like an hour checking all my things, fine tuning everything.. then when it asked me to save and exit or continue playing, i thought that the continue playing button would let me go back and double check some things.... i don't know what happened but im pretty sure i messed it up.. im going to be on the safe side and redo my whole turn.. i gotta go do my day now so later on ill get that finished again and send it forward.....

frustration lol,

The Third Republic of France hearby states that after a review of current events, we cannot, in good conscience, negotiate a peace this turn. We had put all our troops on standby, and had anchored our fleet in the Bay of Biscay to await further developments, but they were mercilessly destroyed before France could explain any misunderstandings had by certain parties. It is with deep regret that France announces that we will pursue this war with the full capabilities France has to muster. We had tried to make a genuine attempt at peace, and it was thrown in our face. Such audacity will be repaid in kind. We will not deny that we are responsible for starting this war, but we have done more than our share in trying to end it peacefully. If our foes want a war so badly, then we shall give it to them.

France may fool some and intimidate others but England can see the truth for what it is and so far we have seen empty threats and false attempts at peace. We would be willing to put aside this war in the future but at this point it does not look like that is going to happen.

Good thread. One of the best in the PBEM forum. Glad I started reading it. I'm not applauding treacherous lies and deceit (If there were any :mischief:), I'm acknowledging the level of writing ability. Bravo, and thank you.

Good thread. One of the best in the PBEM forum. Glad I started reading it. I'm not applauding treacherous lies and deceit (If there were any :mischief:), I'm acknowledging the level of writing ability. Bravo, and thank you.
Oh yeah, thanks to Rick!
Btw: Cyc do you like chinese food? :D
I think it's still pretty playable especially if some of the strongest nations with too much land already (like UK ;)) will take under its protection Chinese ppl.

Top Bottom