PBEM Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Ty Sting! Don´t forget that the rich content is provided by effort of the many players here, so kudos to them all!
Yeah, Cyc taking China would be awsome, he is also an experienced player, so even better! So what say you Cyc...will you take the challenge of bringing the dragon to true might and power in a world of cruel imperialism :D

Well, Rick... I looked at the report. China has 3% of the cities, 4% of the land, and 2% of the population. And the game is already into full swing. It would be like beating my head against the China Wall. :wallbash:

But thanks anyway.

This game is too unbalanced anyway, just like real life i guess. And every country has it's own unique destiny. :)
As you could already see as ex. France was trying to use their advantage against not so cool in this period of history Ottomans, but suddenly stumbled upon now already 4! opponents and french positions in game doesn't look so great right now.

So and China could be under protections some others. :)
But if you wanna be only a conqueror then yeah Chine doesn't appropriate.

Stop trying to get a player into China. It's in a worse position than Uruguay.

lurker's comment: I've actually seen the AI play China competently, even to the point of conquering the entire colonial region on the Asian mainland, plus Taiwan and part of the East Indies. I can't expect that level of performance against skilled human opponents, however.

Hehe, maybe if we give China the bonus of minor human factions, such as +1,000 or even +3,000 gp to start with, Cyc would reconsider...

@Tasonne - you been able to fix your pc problems yet...

Well that destroys most of my argument. But they still have no victory point source. Beat both Japan and Russia and take Korea? Miracle yields 4 spots. This is ignores any significant raw resource stealing in multiplayer.

Well that destroys most of my argument. But they still have no victory point source. Beat both Japan and Russia and take Korea? Miracle yields 4 spots. This is ignores any significant raw resource stealing in multiplayer.

Doesn't have to be that. A civ without access to VP locations can still capture one from, say, Central America. I've done that while playing as the Philippines in AoI v3.

The AI has probably mismanaged any civs it controls pretty badly by now, but depending on the difficulty level chosen for this game, it might be offset by their production discount. Also, you can check if the phantom gold has appeared in their treasury.

BTW, it's possible to edit the amount of gold each civ has while in game. I'm keeping it a secret for now, but if you PM me we can talk about it.

It's pretty hard to take a good screen shot of a 1 hit point fight. I regret my lack of pictures.

The battle of Tunisia

Spoiler :

Following the Ottoman landing east of Tunis, French colonial units retreated from Libya to rescue the strategic port city. Field marshal Edhem Pasha feared the position of lower ground on the coast and commanded an attack to intercept the French army in the Aures Mountains. Two divisions of camelry lead a charge under naval gun support from British and Turkish vessels in the Gulf of Hammamet. The camel divisions suffer casualties of up to 50%. Meanwhile an infantry division captures the port of Tunis, allowing reinforcements to unload. Five infantry divisions march south and defeat the remaining French units. Ottoman infantry suffer 20% casualties and two are promoted to veteran.

French strength:
2 cavalry divisions
1 Foreign Legion
2 colonial infantry divisions (one wounded prior)

Ottoman strength:
6 infantry divisions
2 camel divisions
9 Turkish warships
8 British torpedo boats

French losses:
5 divisions
1 conscript worker

Ottoman losses:
1 infantry division
1 camel division

Tunisia is liberated after 4 years of French rule. Muhammad III as-Sadiq is reinstalled as governer, at least for now. The worker will be employed as a road builder to connect the region to Algieria.

In other news, an infantry is bombarded outside Tangier. German ships are spotted entering the Mediterranean. Units take forward positions along the Persian border.

Top Bottom