Hardest difficulty you have beaten the game on!

Tsume

Chieftain
Just wondering what the hardest difficulty as been when somebody has beaten the game. A screenshot for proof would be nice, especially to see scores and the like :)

Perhaps this should be opened as a poll. To answer your question though, I've been pretty pitiful, mostly just dominating Warlord level. I've played Noble but seem to go from ruling the world to getting beaten down making that transition (I know, its pitiful, but true).

I've lasted two whole hours on a new game without it crashing on me. Does that count for something?

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

Noble (3 or 4 wins), as I'm still getting to grips with what works, what doesn't, and getting used to the tech tree.

I shall be slipping up the gears sooner or later.

Emperor - Culture victory, although I could have won the same turn with spacerace.

Tiny map, Chinese, all other settings default.

I won at noble first game on space race, since then i've had it disabled since i think it's way too easy as a win condition. Started playing at prince and have been having some problems, but i like fighting to survive and not dominating the entire games.

Im pretty new to CIV, dominated the first three difficulties but the step up to noble's a tough one! so yeah im working on noble at the mo...

1st game - Noble - lost to Space Victory, came 5th out of 7 Civs in score I think
2nd game - Noble - won relatively easy Space Victory
3rd game - Noble - Way ahead in score but wanted to win other than by space victory, so did not build spaceship and lost to Asoka. May have to turn space victory off, its a dull way to win.
4th game - Noble (with 18 Civs on standard map) - worker chop put me right out ahead. Dominating everyone, just fighting off the Americans at the moment (who only have archers - no resources in their terrain for axeman and the likes, they have signed their own death warrant).

Noble seems easy - will probably move up soon.

-strangedays-

Abandoned Noble first day after my first try I got a seemingly unassailable tech and score lead. Then played at Prince and lost. Now on second Prince game and if I lose this I might go back and play to completion a Noble game. :D

I had a great game on Noble but my PC decided to crap itself and one of my HDDs got formatted. This then renamed my other two HDDs and my OS was lost amid the confusion. Suffice to say I'm confident I could win on Noble :) It's not looking too hard so far and I'm a fair way in front :D

EDIT: As in I repaired the problem, and am now playing a new game on Noble, which I'm winning by a fair margin :)

Monarch. Won first game on Noble. Kept crashing on Emperor attempt at second game (something weird). Won Monarch (domination) third game. Currently trying on OBC (one built city, so no building of settlers) on Monarch. Behind but catching up (I think). Might well jump to Immortal for next game, just to try it.

Arathorn

not far from a conquest victory on emperor level, don't know if I can ever do it though, huge map is kinda too big for my comp, had to tune down to low detail to even play now.

I'm taking it pretty slowly. Won 1 at Settler to get the game feel. Won 2 at Chieften (i think those were a waste of time tho). Currently, i just won my second at Warlord and im going to move on Noble.

I can't have fun on difficulties over Noble because I know the AI is "cheating." Unfortunately, the AI is pretty pathetic when it doesn't have special advantages. I won 3 out of my first 4 games of Civ IV, whereas Civ III kicked my a** the first few times I played it, even on the lowest difficulty. Once they get MP working right (i.e. slsecting games in the lobby without them jumping around so much) I'll try playing humans more often.

Top Bottom