Erebus

Mipe doesnt found anything interesting so he goes back to the Paradera in and asks from the innkeeper quietly: "do you know where to buy some not legal stuff? and innkeeper replies: "Oh yes, the person you are looking is in that table!"
Mipe walks to the table and sits there and asks quietly again: "I heard I can buy some not so legal stuff from you... how much would be some lockpicks and few bottles of poison that would work well with dagger?"

ooc: could someone translate kenken's translation? :D

There is a library near the mage guild. Tsanal gets to read the books easily but they can't be borrowed.
The books about forbidden arts are in a locked area, and it's watched. The guard however looks a bit tired, perhaps if he was a bit more tired he wouldn't notice anything...

Ken goes to talk to the mages, but they are reluctant to share their secrets.

[You can improve your skills by using them, or by training somewhere]

The man in the inn answers to mipe's question:"No stuff like that here. The word on the street is that the market is a bit different at night"

Tsanal takes some notes from the books, with the paper and ink he bought the other day. (It IS legal, right?) He then goes to the market, looking for some cheap wooden figures. He will then go back to his inn room, where he will practice with enchanting the figures to levitate for a little time, and try to move them around with his mind.
If he meets Ken, he's going to try to debate their use of magic, and ask him about his reasons for choosing his what he has chosen.

Thomas goes back to the inn to pray to mulcarn to improve his power and teach him new spells and powers

)ooc: Nikis, what happens when mulcarn dies? does he go to hell? )

What kind of weapons can I use well as a rogue? I'd like to buy more explosive potions please and can I just make up potions I'd like to buy (e.g. healing potion, etc)? Also I'd like to buy lockpicks too.

To Demagogue:
From the outset I saw the wisdom of joining you in the fight against the Overlords cult. Truely they will bring lawlessness to the lands. It was these others - I barely know them - that I am trying to convince to join your crusade. Make me a detective and I will ruthlessly hunt down overlord sympathisers!

OOC: no, he gets transformed into auric

(ooc: i thought Auric was delusional, insane, and oly convinced he was mulcarn's reincarnation, not really mulcarn himself? anyway, would praying to mulcarn/auric increase my power?)

Mryddyn wonders around the Mages Guild in search for The Nature magic department or Divine Department so he can ask about his magic and how nature magic works in general.

He will then follow Tsanals route and head to the Library to search through Books on the diferent aspects of animals and their biography. He takes notes on specific animals, particulary the Bear, the Cat and the Owl. (my next best way of learning to transform myself :) )

i then head back to the inn to pray that Cernunnos grants me more knowledge about the Nature of erebus, and of those animals i mentioned. he then proceeds to practice his ploymorphisation with the three animals.

(ooc: Nikis, what happens when mulcarn dies? does he go to hell? )
OOC: no, he gets transformed into auric
Word among the Illians is that their charasmatic new leader shows signs of the power of the Great Cold One. Rumors have it that Mulcarn escaped the realm of Arawn due to events east a generation ago, when Auric confronted an Elf named Gosam in a shrine of Arawn. Mulcarn cannot get to his vault (Hell) or back because his celestial body is slain. Prayer to him would probably not be effective (barring some really world changing events;)), but rituals and prayers to his Angels would still have power.
However, don't be caught doing so anywhere anyone can see you. Mulcarn is not fondly remembered, except among the Illians and possibly the Sheaim.

What kind of weapons can I use well as a rogue? I'd like to buy more explosive potions please and can I just make up potions I'd like to buy (e.g. healing potion, etc)? Also I'd like to buy lockpicks too.
Be creative, but not so advanced; poisons slow acting, explosive mixtures but not cast grenades, and so forth.

OK so I'd like to buy some explosive (like throwing a flammable liquid which ignites) potions (x5) + sleeping powder and a ring whose top opens so I can store the powder in it secretly (idea taken from an old Asterix and Obelisk book) (small vials to make people go to sleep when drunk - it is tasteless, odourless, and colourless) + poison powder + another similar ring.

BTW I'm putting all my dialogue in italic text from now on to make it less confusing for others. :)

Be creative, but not so advanced; poisons slow acting, explosive mixtures but not cast grenades, and so forth.
ooc:yes i know poison acts slow... atleast if I hit someone with poison, they dont notice anything, but in 12 hours, they can't move at all... more specific with poison I need: paralyzing poison.

[If I got lockpicks] Mipe got lockpicks but the merchant said that he needs some time to get poison so Mipe gets out of inn and looks the map: "hmmh... mages guild should have some interesting to do, and I can always give all magic scrolls I dont need for those mages that are with me..."
Mipe walks to the mages guild and tries to lockpick a door, but he notices the door is magically locked, and cannot be opened by normal means. He then sees Tsanal: "Hey Tsanal, my bag accidentally left to the other side of that door and its now magically locked... could you please open it?"

"Eh? Oh, no, sorry. No idea how to do that, must be the force department," Tsanal replies. He begins to leave, but suddenly stops, turns around, and looks at Mipe. He then slowly says: "Wait... The mages probably wouldn't suddenly lock a door, so how should your bag be in there? I think you'd better leave, Mipe. Don't misunderstand me, I bet you're a nice guy after all, but you shouldn't try to break in here."

You can have enough for one use of each of those. Remember, you haven't been paid the rest of your money. Perhaps when you find your old employer...?

Could you plz add an item inventory to the initial character stats which is on page 1? That way we all know what we do and don't have. I tried to get explosive potion, reagents, sleeping powder + ring, poison powder + ring, lockpicks (IIRC).

(did i get that info on animals? if not i will drain most of my energy and charge my staff with it for later use, storing my life force in the now thriving piece of living wood, i will now go to sleep. if i did get the info, i will finish praciticing my polymorphisation and then drain the last of my energy into the staff for later)

"hmh that stupid little Tsanal, cant even open a magical lock...
Well, then I need to find something else..." then Mipe sees it, there is a blind mage in front of him, and he didn't hear Mipe, and when Mipe gets a good opportunity to 'Change The Ownerships Of Items' he does it. He sneaks behind the mage and sees a scroll that he has. Mipe quickly takes it and hides it, but then suddenly, Mipe's eyes go dark and he was unconscious. Mipe wakes up outside the mages guild and quickly looks his items and he still has everything including the scroll, which turned out to be the map of mage guild. Mipe also sees a note in front of him which says: "You shouldn't steal from the mages, we added a spell on you that makes you not to be able to go inside the mages guild in 2 weeks." Mipe sighs and then goes back to the inn to sleep

ooc: grr, my inventory should also say lockpicks and now the map ;) also, Tsanal should sleep 1 eye open or this :suicide: , this :ar15: or this :backstab: will happen.

[the PC stats are updated once a day]
[The cults of the Dragon and of Mulcarn are similar in their difference from other religions: their gods don't have such ability to affect the living as other ones have so they must use also different ways. They are trying to bring their gods to the world to be mighty.]

Mryddin gets some insight on the animals, but he feels that he should be a bit more devoted to his task and its ways.
He drains some of his energy in the staff. It becomes very invigorated and new leaves sprout from it.

Mipe and Bane didn't get the lockpicks yet, it hasn't been night yet and they need to find the way to get them.

Ah, I see the war fans on my character sheet.
I'd next like to restock on oil flasks and any hairpins I couldn't retrieve. I'm also wondering if Erebus has the technology to make a hairpin/needle in which some mildly poisonous fluid could be stored which is released upon being thrown into someone's meat.

Annoyed by her fellow group members being more concerned about their personal magick skills than the task at hand :p Munak decides to strike out on her own, and run past Corvanes's home to see if there still seems any activity there. At least if Corvanes' house is in a busy enough street so that I could walk by unnoticed.

Munak meets some of the blacksmiths of the town who are not occupied with keeping the army running. Alas none of them have the skills to do anything like that.
"Nope, one would need to be one of those creatures of legends to succeed in that. Forging anything that small needs a lot of skill and making the needle hollow is impossible for us. We can't cast it, we can't hammer it, no chance."

Munak manages to find the house of Corvanes. She walks past it several times but doesn't notice anything. Walking around longer might cause suspicion. The house seems still inhabited.

Top Bottom