MoO3--Ithkul

GeorgiaBoy

Chieftain
Good Morning,

For my first modding endeavour, I would like to take a crack at making a new civ, the Ithkul. Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks,

GB

P.S. I know zero about 3d modeling, but would like to get the Ithkul to eat other population (with a precious few exceptions).

So you want to make a MOO2Civ Modmod?

Well, here is an old tutorial about adding a civ. It's for vanilla, not BTS, and I haven't read it in full, but it may be something you want to read.

As to:

P.S. I know zero about 3d modeling, but would like to get the Ithkul to eat other population (with a precious few exceptions).

Not sure what 3D modeling has to do with this. And what do you mean "eat other population"? You want their units to be able to, well "Feast" on people in a city for XP or something? Or do you mean that instead of consuming :food: you want them to consume other people in the city?

So you want to make a MOO2Civ Modmod?

Well, here is an old tutorial about adding a civ. It's for vanilla, not BTS, and I haven't read it in full, but it may be something you want to read.

Thanks for the link. Exactly what I was looking for.

Not sure what 3D modeling has to do with this. ?

I was under the misguided impression that one had to do new models to make a new civ.

And what do you mean "eat other population"? You want their units to be able to, well "Feast" on people in a city for XP or something? Or do you mean that instead of consuming :food: you want them to consume other people in the city?

Yes, instead of consuming food, consume other people. When they do that, the Ithkul would reproduce faster.

Thank for very much,

GB

P.S. How are the random events progressing for the Star Trek Mod?

I was under the misguided impression that one had to do new models to make a new civ.

Well, you can. But you can also recycle in-game art.

Yes, instead of consuming food, consume other people. When they do that, the Ithkul would reproduce faster.

The issue here is that you would be killing population to make more population... I don't think this is doable.

You might be able to make your units able to take slaves via python (either on razing/capturing a city or on defeating a unit), bring your slaves to cities, and then make your slaves able to be sacrificed for food (via a python action button).

P.S. How are the random events progressing for the Star Trek Mod?

Sadly, not too well. Final Frontier seems to hate the Random Event Engine. I've gotten 4 to work so far, but I've been working on other projects recently.

How about consuming population instead of food, but not changing the reproduction rate of the Ithkul? I just would rather get into modding slowly via XML, not Python.

Thanks,

GB

P.S. If this can only be done via Python, I'm game, but I probably have lots of questions...

How about consuming population instead of food, but not changing the reproduction rate of the Ithkul? I just would rather get into modding slowly via XML, not Python.

Thanks,

GB

P.S. If this can only be done via Python, I'm game, but I probably have lots of questions...

Well, I guess what you mean is taking slaves, bringing them to cities, sacrificing them, and eating them?

Problem is that every turn the food consumed by a city is deducted by the food produced by a city. So you'd have to have a constant influx of enemy population to your cities. Which is impossible early game.

What you are describing IS only doable via python. Or SDK, but I could probably do my suggestion of using slaves to be "sacrificed" for food in python only.

Sadly, not too well. Final Frontier seems to hate the Random Event Engine. I've gotten 4 to work so far, but I've been working on other projects recently.

A bug in Final Frontier, perhaps?

Well, I guess what you mean is taking slaves, bringing them to cities, sacrificing them, and eating them?

Problem is that every turn the food consumed by a city is deducted by the food produced by a city. So you'd have to have a constant influx of enemy population to your cities. Which is impossible early game.

How about making 1 pop unit > 1 food?

GB

A bug in Final Frontier, perhaps?

Probably. Or maybe it's just the way the solar systems are handled via python, the AI is scripted via python, and python is used for so many things in FF/ST...

How about making 1 pop unit > 1 food?

But your city starts with one population- well, I guess you could change this via python.

Then maybe the city could be made to auto-sacrifice 1 population to store x food if there's no food stored in the city. And when you sacrifice a slave you bring to the city, you gain x stored food as well...?

That sounds like the Aztec ability (with their Sacrificial Altar), but for gaining food. Is that useful in any way?

I'm assuming that the Aztec ability (from Mesoamerica? I don't quite know what you mean but I know that mod* has the Aztecs and the Maya sacrifice units like that...) was a python action button. Even if it wasn't, I know how to make them, and you (anyone) can learn by using the tutorial linked in my sig. I think I could make a button like that that killed the unit and added a certain amount of food to the city.

*If you can even call it a mod. Honestly, it uses the same tech tree as vanilla BTS.

I'm assuming that the Aztec ability (from Mesoamerica? I don't quite know what you mean but I know that mod* has the Aztecs and the Maya sacrifice units like that...) was a python action button. Even if it wasn't, I know how to make them, and you (anyone) can learn by using the tutorial linked in my sig. I think I could make a button like that that killed the unit and added a certain amount of food to the city.

*If you can even call it a mod. Honestly, it uses the same tech tree as vanilla BTS.

Cool! So, if I modded the Aztecs, I could use just XML? I would also like the sacrificing to be the only source of food if possible.

GB

Cool! So, if I modded the Aztecs, I could use just XML? I would also like the sacrificing to be the only source of food if possible.

GB

No... but I can write the python for the Sacrifice ability when a UNIT_SLAVE (slave) is in a city. If you want, you can look at my tutorial to see how to create a button.

In FF, all food production is all done in python as well.

Top Bottom