How often do you play Civ 5? do you take short/long breaks from the game?

Artifex1

Warlord
Do you play every day? once a week? play several days in a row then take a month off?

How often do you play? What makes you leave? Burnout?

I mostly play on weekends. If I can squeeze out an hour or so during the work week I'll do it. Burn out doesn't work on me. If I get tired of playing Civ5 I play Civ3. It's a sickness I know :) And it's been that way for years now:)

The wife is recovering from neck( C1,C2) surgery, so I get to play while taking care of her.
Making me leave?, sleep, or doctor's appointments.
Burnout for a Civ junkie?? HA !!; still fine-tuning on prince .

I tend to play several hours a day for few weeks, then take weeks or even months off. It partly depends on what other things there are to distract me (other games, RL events, whatever), because generally when I've stopped playing something for a few days I get out of the mood and either don't come back for some time, or ever. Civ 5 is one of a handful of games that I do find myself consistently coming back to eventually.

I was really hoping to get all of the achievements completed by the time BE is released, but with the last few months filled with RL + Wasteland 2 + other games, that's sadly out of the question now :(.

Utter Civ addict.

Every day, normally around 6pm to around midnight - then full on Civfest all day sunday - pretty much since the divorce ten years ago.....and so I bloody well should.....

Roll on Civ VI!

I tend to play it quite a bit if Ive got a good game going but once that's finished, I give Civ a break for a month or two.

And as soon as I come back....addiction all over again! This time Ive got good reason though as Ive got a brand new 17" laptop on the way which will be a lot better than my old one.

Also - Xcom has taken over from Civ right now. Heresy I know but Xcom is pretty bloody amazing! (and Ive played it since the days of Rebelstar Raiders - even older than Civ!)

Top Bottom