Game Saturn

count me in for the "popped hut and got tech"-club

/cheer

Not, not finding Barbs. Not finding anything. Resources or otherwise.
Hmm, maybe you have a stash of Copper, Iron or Horses instead. ;)

Still, not good to not have any food around... makes life a lot more difficult.

I see a third hut, but it's not worth leaving my exploration path to go poke around into some dead-end tundra to grab. I'd loose four exploration turns to grab it (there and back) so screw it, probably just has barbs anyway. :p
I'd grab it, but never mind, that's just me. :p

Also am I correct in my assumption that only score increases right after "A new turn has begun." came from learning techs manually while any other boosts at this point in the game would be from huts? Making Scuum, Hurcules and DMOC have one legit tech each so far and the rest being popped.
Usually, yes. In rare cases huts can be popped right after "a new turn has begun" - this is when your borders expand to get a hut. (This was how I got my free tech hut.)

Also hope you don't lose your warrior Parkin. If he survives, consider the hut free EXP! ;)
Only 50/50 chance, unfortunately... the hut was on flatland. :(

Well, my Warrior survived, so I'm pleased. Only 2 XP for defending with 50% odds though... that's criminally low. Ah well.

Don't worry, I don't have any intention of forfeiting this early. :p

Seriously though, the early game becomes pretty boring when you lose your only exploring unit. Rather than having something to do each turn, you just have to continuously log in and press enter. Not exactly thrilling. ;)

So yeah, I'm glad I didn't lose my Warrior guy. :)

Congratulations on Elucidus and Hercules on being the first civs to get a size 2 capital!
So, from that we can tell that Elucidus probably built a Warrior or Scout first (or else a Barracks), and Hercules built a Warrior or Work Boat first (or else a Barracks). Neither built Workers first. ;)

Analysing is fun... :)

Meanwhile, everyone else either built worker first and didn't have a 3-food tile in their initial 8 tiles. Also a lot of first earned techs!

Also there's always one single user who likes to hold the whole game up for hours... :)

Probably first contact? We've met with Toch. I'm suprised how close we're, even if this is Huge map.

Probably first contact? We've met with Toch. I'm suprised how close we're, even if this is Huge map.

Wow, already! :eek:

So anyway, time for a virtual map to form in my head. Plako and Toch are close, so I'll keep that in mind. :goodjob: In addition, it seems like no one has self-researched Bronze Working or Animal Husbandry yet.

I agree, Lord Parkin, analyzing is fun.

Yep built an extra scout, only to find that he had no where else to go other than where the other scout went. At least not yet...

I am heading south. I am not at the north end of the map, so I am wondering who if anyone is up there. I need a boat. :)

Yay another technology. :D

Not extremely helpful right now but I'll take it.

Oh and you mis-analyzed something about size-two civs...but I'll leave it at that.
Did I forget something you can build to get to size 2 this early? Monument or Stonehenge I guess, if you start with Mysticism (as in your case).

Yay another technology. :D

Not extremely helpful right now but I'll take it.
Some people get it lucky... :(

Did I forget something you can build to get to size 2 this early? Monument or Stonehenge I guess, if you start with Mysticism (as in your case).

Some people get it lucky... :(

Well, so far all the huts I've popped have been close enough to my capital that barbs weren't possible.

Well, so far all the huts I've popped have been close enough to my capital that barbs weren't possible.
Are huts within a certain distance of your capital immune to spawning barbs? Hmm, I wasn't aware of that.

Or do you mean that the huts were close enough that they were obtained by border expansions from the capital?

Top Bottom