Crowd sayings in city screen sound clips

Powpowpow

Chieftain
As you can probably tell from the awkward title I had no idea how to search for this in the forums, though I did try. That said I don't know if it's too strange or vague a topic to have been discussed before already.

Whenever I go into the city screen I hear the typical city soundscape (not sure if that's the right word but no idea how else to say it) for each era I'm in. I think I'm on Renaissance just now and it sounds like some 1800s London soundscape with the horses and carts on cobblestone roads (you can also hear the sound is bouncing off large near-by stone buildings) and the bell tower. And you know how it changes again as you progress to later eras, starts to sound like motorized vehicles and car horns and the "tsss" of bus doors opening and so-on.

Has anyone here ever noticed any funny or amusing voices or sounds hidden in amongst all that noise? Something you would need to strain to hear but once you hear it you can't unhear it?

In the classical era for big cities if you listen long enough you hear a baby or toddler going "babababa". It sounds really funny and adorable and unexpected the first time.

In the renaissance era (and whatever other eras use the same sound file) if you have the sound way up and are listening carefully through the noise you hear what sounds like a very posh English man slurring "I'm very drunk" right before a horse neighs loudly.

Maybe it's all in my imagination though? What do you think? Got any more funny ones?

EDIT: Lot's of views, no replies. Any particular reason for that, maybe just that nobody can relate to this?

I've never noticed any but that's mainly because I play late at night after the little one's in bed. So I can't have the sound up high to hear that closely.

And these forums always get a lot more views than responses.

I've never been able to distinguish individual city sounds as you suggest, there's just too much racket.

On related issues:
I'd love to know what the workers say - can't quite make it out but they definitely grunt something when you move them.
Sometimes it just goes quiet between music tracks and all you hear is workers and the occasional animal noises - For some reason I really like that, especially if I'm at war elsewhere on the map.
For me, by far the funniest sound is if you bomb a GG - they make a totally cartoon noise; it's completely at odds with the realistic screams etc. when you bombard a city.
Interesting topic OP!

I heard a voice saying something in the city view screen last night and I thought it was hilarious and now I forget what it was.

I heard a small high pitched voice yelling, "I hate you!" Followed shortly by, "Can I borrow your credit card?"

Creepy.

Then I realized it was my teenaged daughter.

Top Bottom