EMM balance discussion

idea for blinded:
all this discussion makes me think about another way to use blind:
- +1mvt cost
- -2sightrange (effectively only your own tile) (can you advance into fog of war if you don't see the tile?)
- -50%attackstr
- -25%def str
- -30% def strike chance
- -30% withdrawal
- -50% collateral damage
- -50% bombard str
- (cannot cast? or gives "weak" to summons and -50% to spell damage)
(I suppose that targets every unit abilities)

leaves "strong eyes" promotion after disapearance / duration 1turn : immune to blind

what do you think?

Your idea is good Calavente. This spell, as the Paralysation spell of druids, is too strong by the fact you can stick eternally an infinite number of units to a point.

I'll prefer my proposition because I think which is bad in the spells it is their massive effect (I think any negative and damages spell should be limited in number, archmage can only affect 12 units with meteor spell, so why let some few spell as ritualist spell affect infinite number ?).

Which is good in your idea it is the spell is still efficiant, but cannot be used everyturn. I think the immunity to blind should long last 2 turn after, not just one.

When I did look up blinded though, it does say that Heal can remove it ... and since it doesn't prevent the casting of spells anymore .... :)

What we need to do is just make Entangle more like blind ... but with a 25% wear off chance instead of a 50% wear off chance. (since its supposed to basically be like 5x as good)

--------------------------------------------

Currently Blind disables movement, while not disabling spells. Has a 50% wear off chance, and can be healed with "Heal". I agree that giving -2 vision range should likely be added to the spell.

the issue with blind is that it can be recasted infinitely.
ideally it can not be reapplied on already blinded units.

further, one has to make sure that it is removed .... after the ennemy could have casted blind again.
otherwise, as soon as you are un-blinded... (end of your turn) the ennemy blinds you... before your own turn (that's why a 1 turn protection against blind could work)

however, Heal is not enough... you need druids or High priests... or arthendain... or grigori medics.
(maybe it could be removed by "cure disease" ? priest level ... maybe with a chance of miscast ?)

My "proposal" above was to make it that while blind can be casted and re-casted, blinded stacks can still move (retreat ?)
or even can attack further.. even if they have reduced odds..
so that blind does not becomes as strong as "entangle".

If blinded stacks could still move, wouldn't that make the spell essentially "charm"?

.... yes ... and no. especially if you lost sight of surrounding + have reduced attack / defense ?+ cannot be blinded next turn....

but isn't blind already a copy of entangled ?

Well, yes, but entangle is available much later and on a different unit. It's not really competing.

Hello.

1. Generals thinks

I know that Terkhen you don't really want to add new features, and I know I already have writte severals ask of big rebalance for competitive MP games.

But as I experiment situations and think about things I prefer to writte it somewhere, and as your mod is the most balanced in MP, I prefer to writte it here. Maybe it may be usefull one day if you or another person want to mod about these problems :blush:

Assassins are still overpowered because nearly way to protect versus them, 3 movements units are still too strong to steal back city in double move etc.

But that, we knowed it and we can play with rules which forbid them (I don't lik the "broken feature to counter broken feature", because it tends to be boring that few broken features reduce the diversity of units as hell and make all players prefer to always use assassin and never use mages or priest in attacking move).

2. The unpossiblity to inflict damages to strong first attacks promoted units with sieges units or golems

But I have seen a new phenomen which I did not knowed before. This phenomen is :

- Siege machines or golems cannot be buffed by any spells (except the repair spell but itis not a buff). Why not, it can be logical, but the problem it's they tend to totally suck when they face strong power units with few first attack.

For exemple, a paladin with 4 first attack and no other promotion, can kill 20 catapult which attack him, with nearly no damages inflicted to him or to others units in his stack.

It is the same phenomen with golems, as they cannot be immunised to first attack. So it tends in situations with strongs units (which can come occurs : paladins for exemple) cannot be hurted or just a few, and it is unpossible to defend versus this (especially for Luchuirp wich become naked and crappy).

Proposition :

- Give to the golems or siege equipement the possiblity of being buffed by certain spells, as the immunity to first attack, and others spells which may be logical.
- Or give immunity to first attack to any sieges equipement whih would be very logical as their fire from a long distance (not golems, because it is not logical I think). As it, golems are still very vunerable to strong first attacked unit, but they can still inflict damages if catapult have hurted first.
- Another idea : create a new workshop for Luchuirp, which give first attack immunity to golems, and can be constructed with the Alteration shool (Air Mana or Body mana needed).

3. The strange weakness of canon and dwarven canon

- All sieges units in FFH2 have at minimum 80 % luck of fleeing a battle, except canon and dwaven canon which are as in Beyond the Sword. So it totally worthless to build them and itis better to stick at catapult (if no first attack strong units...).

Proposition :

Make them as all the others sieges units.

3. The strange regeneration spell which works on undeads and vampires

- This spell, one of the strongest of all if you cannot dispell it (which need mages with metamagic 2), works on undead and vampires. I am not opposed to that, because vampires are not really strong. Undead too are not really strong (except the Pyro zombie). But in another view, Haste works on vampires, but does not work on undead. Vampires are undead too do, hast maybe should not work on them, or undeads should can it for themself.

I wonder if all this is well intented. It is just a question, not really a problem.

4. Casting spells at last second to avoid the Dispell

- If your ennemy have dispell, you will not use buff. But you can use buff just before your attack and dispell will be useless. But, why not. The main critic is bout the Regeneration : you can use it just before the end of turn, to regenerate even if you can be dispelled.

Proposition :

This spell dispell but block too any regeneration spell effect for two turns (so the actual turn, useless, and the next turn, usefull).

According to the lore FFH vampires are not undead. They are living humans who drain the souls from other living humans to extend their lifespan.

edit - that's neither here nor there in a balance discussion, Jojo. Just an FYI for you regarding the reason

Top Bottom