Morocco discussion

You could farm floodplains until you grow to a decent size and then replace them with a Kasbah. And 1 food for a production and gold is pretty useful. Though spamming them will hurt your ability to counterattack as the AI will get the fort bonus too.

I think an interesting ability (missed opportunity) for the Berber Cavalry in lieu of the friendly territory bonus would be to receive defensive bonuses. That way there's synergy with all the Kasbahs that will be covering your territory.

Rivers no longer give gold. The extra gold on the kasbah is a pretty big deal.

Plus, no basic improvement ever gives a yield of more than +2 anything. Kasbah on hills and flood plains will definitely be the best option. Look at it this way: one hill with a mine + one flood plain with a farm = 4 food, 4 production. One hill with a kasbah + one flood plain with a kasbah = 4 food, 4 production, 2 gold.

As to Morocco's unique unit, the wording in it's description is a bit confusing. Is it to mean that the unit will get defense bonuses in desert tiles, and get defense bonuses in Moroccan land? Or does it mean that it'll only get a defense bonus on desert tiles in Moroccan land?

As to Morocco's unique unit, the wording in it's description is a bit confusing. Is it to mean that the unit will get defense bonuses in desert tiles, and get defense bonuses in Moroccan land? Or does it mean that it'll only get a defense bonus on desert tiles in Moroccan land?

I interpreted it as the latter.

I feel kind of good. I got Al-Mansur right for Morocco and Mada right for Indonesia. Anyway, can't wait to play Morocco.

I was sure that guy was Yusuf ibn-Tashfin, being out the desert and all, but Ahmad al-Mansur is cool too.

Well a way to see about if the Berber bonuses are separate or together is in the Rev3 trailer. He selects a Berber cav and it shows its promotions. On the left are two promotion icons I don't recognize. I do not have a microscopic knowledge of promotion icons but does anyone recognize those two icons left of the triangle move after attack icon

I thought it said "or" in it, meaning in desert tiles or in Moroccan lands.

I thought it said "or" in it, meaning in desert tiles or in Moroccan lands.

It did not say "or".

I expect it will be a simple design.
It gets a 10% tor 15% bonus on desert tiles and a 10% to 15% bonus on Moroccan lands. Meaning the Unit will get both bonuses on a Moroccan desert (totalizing something like 20%, 25% or 30%)

Unique Unit - Berber Cavalry; Cost 150, Moves 4, Strength 34, 1 Horse, Mounted unit that specializes in Desert warfare and protecting Moroccan lands. Recieves combat bonuses when fighting both in Desert tiles and in Moroccan territory.
- Unique Tile Improvement - Kasbah; A Kasbah can only be built on a Desert tile. It provides one additional Food, Production and Gold. It also provides the same +50% defense bonus as a fort. Must be built in Moroccan territory.

Hmm, it is worried strangely but to me it seems like its implying both conditions must be met. I hope that isn't the case, but it may make sense with the defensive style they are trying to give the civ it seems.

I think that means in either of both cases. So either in Morocco or in the desert.

It has to be a bonus in desert and in Moroccan lands separately. Just think about it. You have a UB that can only be built in desert and in Moroccan lands. To then have their UU also have bonuses in exactly that restrictive terrain is ludicrous. Sure you have a very useful and universal UA, especially if the ai is properly programmed to give a slight extra weight to trading with Morocco, but to have no UU or UB matter on non desert tiles in your lands would be INREDIBLY restrictive.

Also I am anxious to try a checkerboard Kasbah/ fort defense for Morocco. The defenses would be manned by infantry and the Berber could flow around the flanks and fall behind the infantry using ZOC. Berber's upgraded to landship with lightning war would be amazing, provided they kept their promotions which is standard for these sorts of promotions.

Morocco = Arabia 2.0

mounted unit: check
desert bonuses: check
economic bonus: check

I'm not complaining though. sounds fun.

I don't think this is Arabia 2.0 anymore than the Celts being Iroquois 2.0 - both sets of two civs happen to share a bonus bases around one element of land (desert for the former; forest for the latter).

As a desert-player, I am happy with this, even though Petra is getting nerfed. I just like deserts.

Overall, this civ looks fun - I like mounted units, UI's, settling deserts, making money, peaceful play, and Morocco in general, so this is a great civ for me. My only complaint would be the colours. Red/rave-green looks putrid to me. /endquibble

So you can build a Kasbah on every single desert tile?

So Morocco has + 3 :c5gold: Gold and + 1 :c5culture: per International Trade Route... And how, exactly, is Portugal THE trade civ? :lol: To make up for this, Portugal would need 6 different luxury resources in a single city for it to have a chance to ever reach this level, and even so it would not get the culture bonus! :lol: Good thing the Feitoria and the Nau still look as powerful as ever, but I'm betting less on being THE trade civ (that going to Morocco), and more of a THE gold (and happiness) civ... :lol:

Morocco looks like a great civ to play with though! :D I'll be sure to give them a chance! Love the achievements, by the way!

Which civ has the light blue color with red cities? Indonesia?

Top Bottom