World Time Zones

Mark Young

Formerly Sir Eric
Is there any chance of getting little clocks at the bottom of the screen with different time settings on them so that you know what time it is in different parts of the world?
This would be really good to know especially if you are waiting to someone to come on from the opposite hemisphere so you know if they will be on soon or you are wasting your time.

I suggest going back to second grade and learning how to add and subtract. :p

j/k Even though this would be pretty cool, I don't think it's all that necessary, considering there are things more important that need to be fixed/added (such as a PM tracker for Mac OS style), and this might take up server space, which is already at a premium. Not to mention that if you take the time you can do it in your head. But good idea, anyway; if TF could add it with the simple click of a mouse it'd be very worthwhile. :)

Oh, and what would make this feature extremely useful would be if you could customize the clocks to have lists of users under that timezone; for example, people that you're playing SG's/PBEM's with. (Or moderators. :mischief: ) But that's probably impossible, or at least hard, to implement.

Originally posted by WillJ

Oh, and what would make this feature extremely useful would be if you could customize the clocks to have lists of users under that timezone; for example, people that you're playing SG's/PBEM's with. (Or moderators. :mischief: ) But that's probably impossible, or at least hard, to implement.

That would be pretty cool . But I guess you wuld have to manually add them in or it on the main forum page where it lists all the users currrently online, it could list them according to the timezone they are in..

@Turner_727
Thanks thats pretty cool:goodjob: I'll d/load when I ahve more time, It's 2.3Mb and I have dial up.

Don't you two guys have a PBEM going?
Sir Eric,
who knows if killer kitten's advice is just some clever evil trick...:mischief:

I keep it all in my head. :p Being around long enough to know who will post what at about when... :p

Originally posted by Grille
Sir Eric,

Yeah. . . we do. . .

I don't resort to such childish tactic

OMG SIR ERIC! LOOK OVER THERE! DID YOU SEE THAT?

ts. . . I'm above that kind of playing.

Originally posted by XIII
Childless tactic? :hmm: :p

I suggest you look again, sir. You seem to be mistaken.

Ignore the 'Last edited by Turner_727 on Oct 14, 2003 at 12:34 AM' at the bottom of the post. . .

Originally posted by Grille
Sir Eric,

Yes, methinks he is up to something:rolleyes:
Methinks he is always up to something :(

Methinks I am up to something too:p

Originally posted by Turner_727
Try This

Very useful, thanks! It took me a little bit to get used to it - I had to readjust the time format and the time zones - but it's very cool now. I have it on the continental U.S four time zones (-8, -7, -6, -5). The time and date shows up in the window like this.

Cool! Glad it worked out for you. I've got the US timezones down, and GMT, but others I need a reference for. I use this one, or another one I found (Don't remember where) and they both work out pretty good.

If you're running Linux, you might have some worldclock program already installed.
(If not, google for e.g. "kworldclock").
You get a map and could set flags on it, add stickied clocks and such similar.
Could look like this:

Attachments

• pic5.gif
    pic5.gif
    93.7 KB · Views: 109
that looks pretty cool.

@ Turner.
The Time on here for Sydney is 1 hour fast, but that will correct itself in about 10 days when daylight savings start

Top Bottom