NEW Handicap's

How does # of city maintenance have much to do with having such a major deficit at game start? If some reasonable adjustments are proposed there I'm sure we'd be interested to hear them.

No, does not, look at the changes in WorldInfo for world size Maintenance percentages. I think SO changed them too, but without changing the Civics to reflect the increased city maintenance. Again I also need to point out that I with those percentages in WorldInfo had to reduce Anarchism maintenances drastically even when removing the increased maintenances costs from Civics.

@Joe
I am not "using" city limits. City limits is a Defautl Option when doing Play Now. I did not chose ANY options myself, as I started this game with the Play Now not Custom game start.

Also it is not "at one time", not in one turn setting 20 new cities, but without pause building and setting out 20 new cities in a growth wave.
We will see how it goes.

As for the game speed that has less to do with the test than the game size tbh. On larger size it is easier as maintenances are, in the original, less by distance and number of cities on larger maps and larger on smaller maps.

I was and still am under the impression that most games on C2C took place on Eon and Eternity, with the other speeds being used mainly for testing out things.
I might be wrong though, though that may presents other problems, or not as build v tech speeds will serve to make each speed a unique experience instead of just faster or slower game then.

Cheers

Yeah the "Default" Play now Set up Options are hosed in my book. I'd be curious to hear from the team when the last time those were looked at in comparison to how the mod plays now.

As for Game speed Hydro, DH, and several others (former team members) use Snail. And have promoted in the past that That is the proper speed for C2C. But SO and myself use Epic or Marathon. T-brd I'm not sure what his main game speed of choice is. As we argued that those slowest game speed should Not be the rule, same as Not using 50 Civs in a game either, which some players still insist on doing and then want their games "fixed" cause it broke.

I just wish you had not used GA's in your test. But again Kudos for accomplishing your goal.

I just can't do it or play that way either, (depending upon GAs and long time to build up my treasury that longer speeds allow) with out running into money problems on Marathon, Epic, and Normal.

JosEPh

Snail is certainly my favorite. I like a good 2-8 turns between techs.

I agree that the default options are 'hosed' but it would be quite interesting to see if we could figure out any kind of 'defaults' that we could all agree on.

THAT could be a cool sequence of polls :D

I put in Platyping's code so that the hidden defaults in Play Now were the same as the defaults as if you played Custom Game. However you get the values in the ini file for all those others. Which means that they carry over from your last game.

That fix just stopped the errors that may occur from the hidden options.

Play Now does not give you the defaults unless you clear the cache and play a non-C2C mod first.

Then it is not working DH as I did not get my usual options in this play now game. No revs, no minor civs, no size matters, no infinite xp, no barb generals, and so on and on.

Play Now resets the defaults to as they are expressed in the gameoptioninfos.xml file. Tons of options I'd consider 'default' for myself are NOT considered default there. When I've started a custom game then go to start another one later it will usually remember 'my' personal defaults. But if I wanted to reset all to the established defaults starting up a Start Now game will do it.

Quite a few things, I am still testing though. Current numbers are too high for the transition from Anarchism to Chiefdom, or money penalties are too high, either way the income v costs is off a bit.

I am also still working on an effective way to transition from Anarchism to Chiefdom considering that with zero income from start there can be no maintenance from the first 2 cities.

Of course if you want I can post what I have so far so others can take a look and possibly come with ideas too?

Cheers

Quite a few things, I am still testing though. Current numbers are too high for the transition from Anarchism to Chiefdom, or money penalties are too high, either way the income v costs is off a bit.

I am also still working on an effective way to transition from Anarchism to Chiefdom considering that with zero income from start there can be no maintenance from the first 2 cities.

Of course if you want I can post what I have so far so others can take a look and possibly come with ideas too?

Cheers

Now is this strictly NM stuff changes or normal C2C changes??

Hopefully core but have to start somewhere to test it, right? Besides, seems like no one is in charge of, working on this other than you for the NM stuff.

Cheers

Hopefully core but have to start somewhere to test it, right? Besides, seems like no one is in charge of, working on this other than you for the NM stuff.

Cheers

Well of course that is because we currently dont have a Civics guy or stuff like that. So even, well maybe, i will have to do the normal C2C also.

I think I have managed somewhat to balance it out. Needs a bit of testing and you probably want to check out the files to make sure I have not made any major blunders somewhere.

Cheers

Attachments

• Nightmare.rar
    39.9 KB · Views: 54
I think I have managed somewhat to balance it out. Needs a bit of testing and you probably want to check out the files to make sure I have not made any major blunders somewhere.

Cheers

Thx, question?

Are these strictly Nightmare Mod stuff or regular stuff? Some are pretty drastic.:eek:

Test your way through, though I am thinking that most of it would work in normal game too with having the Handicap ones only to set the Nightmare mode. What to consider too is that msot of it works in tandem together, one or a few only would disrupt balance again.

Cheers

Test your way through, though I am thinking that most of it would work in normal game too with having the Handicap ones only to set the Nightmare mode. What to consider too is that msot of it works in tandem together, one or a few only would disrupt balance again.

Cheers

So, mainly put everything in the normal game, because we never really upgrade anything in years for all the changes we made, and JUST keep what i have in the Nightmare Mod in the modules area and that being ONLY the Handicap system, do i have that correct??

Bascially, yes.
A few more things need slowly tweaking, some could ahve higher priority though.
Civics like the Currency civics for instance migth need fixing up a bit if maintenances are removed from them, and without maintenances to other areas those civics can be tweaks to make more unique too.

Cheers

In GlobalDefines you have

"AI SAFE_GOLD_PERCENT I set to 20. Growth of cities can increase costs too much unless having planned for it so having anything less would be bad in my opinion."

Code:
<!-- AI Gold Slider Safety Percent begin -->
	<!-- This is the BASE amount of slider allocation required towards gold that the AI feels comfortable with -->
	<!-- It noteworthily affects how much tolerance the AI has where it feels ready to grow -->
	<!-- [U]Reduce to make the AI more sensitive to gold concerns[/U] and [U]increase for more reckless behavior[/U] -->
	<!-- This may be rather interesting to convert to an AI personality matter or at least give a personality based modifier eventually -->
<!-- Original Value was set to 50 - I've adjusted to 40.-->
	<Define>
		<DefineName>SAFE_GOLD_PERCENT</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>[COLOR="Red"]20[/COLOR]</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<!-- AI Gold Slider Safety Percent -->

shouldn't it be more i am trying 65 right now?? but i am on a scenario map also, that might be the problem also??

Depends on if you think the AI should value growth over technology advancement. One can easily grow too fast and choke off tech progress as a result.

Top Bottom