C2C SVN Changelog

If you have a fast connection, even a full download should take only 10-20 minutes.
Oh... my... GOD!!!! That's how fast it comes through for you??????

SO... you must be right about my connection. Takes me at least 6 hrs to get the full mod. And that's if I DON'T have to reset the connection and get it to resume where it left off after a cleanup (which usually happens somewhere around 20 times during the attempt to get the full fresh SVN download.)

Oh... my... GOD!!!! That's how fast it comes through for you??????

SO... you must be right about my connection. Takes me at least 6 hrs to get the full mod. And that's if I DON'T have to reset the connection and get it to resume where it left off after a cleanup (which usually happens somewhere around 20 times during the attempt to get the full fresh SVN download.)

if you got a good decent internet connection of at least 30 mbp/s or higher, you can download this mod very quickly. If you ever afford and get the chance to get google fiber with their 100 mbp/s speed, you get a very fast internet connection.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

@T-Brd,
Go to this speed test site and run it. Then you will know how it performs on download and upload. If you are getting less than 3Mb down and under 400K up you need to complain Bitterly to your ISP. Absolutely No Good reason for having crappy ISP in Las Vegas.

Edit: I'm in a rural part of western Illinois, I don't live in town, and I can get 12Mb down and 1 Mb up for less than $40. And If I want to pay More I can get 24Mb down and 4Mb up. That Apartment complex you live in has to have ancient tech for wireless speeds as bad as you are getting.

JosEPh

I can tell you without having to do a speed check that I get about 1k to 125k average download and about 1k to 60k average upload. I'd probably be doing as good on dialup.

And as I've said before, my wife's phone connection that's supposed to be much better does maybe double that average at best and is just as unreliable at times.

I cannot wire in anything else here as cable is provided and I really do NOT have the money for any other service. (I make things work on about $350 a week income here. (nearly 200 of which goes to the rent and that's fairly inexpensive for the area.))

I understand that last part. Been there done that with wife an 4 children in tow. But over the years things got better.

Back in the late 80's had our house taken from us, bank foreclosure, when the kids were 12, 8, 4, and 2. Left Oklahoma with a '80 Volare, '76 Chevy PU and a 5x8 Uhaul. But we kept at it and now I own my own home in Western Il. and retired August 2012.

JosEPh

It also depends on sourceforge as well. They can be slow at times, even if you have a 30meg download.

So what do i need to do in order to update now?

When i try to update SVN tells me - 'no such revision 7782'

I actually just did a system restore to a previous day before the error. That seems to have fixed it and it updates now to 7781. No other way was working for me.

Thanks for the tips. Created new directory and started SVN checkout.

Since we discussing internet tariffs - in moscow where i live i have 30 mbps (shouldn't take long i hope). Paying 350 roubles monthly ($10) for it (unlimited DL/UL). I remember paying 180$ for 5-6 Gb monthly traffic out of 500$ monthly income back in 2002-03 =)

[edit] seems my ISP connection have nothing to do with SVN download speed - downloading SVN at 20-40 kbps =) must be bottleneck somewhere.

Currently updated to 7784, but many units are red blobs and cannot be built (been an issue with revisions past couple of weeks)

I looked at these and i didnt find anything wrong, you??

The files are ok but the svn repository is messed up, it's not possible to upload those files without breaking the svn. But that is not the only issue with our current svn repository, because i found a few older corrupt commits:(.
We should move to a new svn or git repository and keep the old one as reference.

MODDERs

Does anyone know how to START a new repository on the SVN?? But only if you are going to be around for at least 5 years or so, thx.

Currently updated to 7784, but many units are red blobs and cannot be built (been an issue with revisions past couple of weeks)

This belongs in the bugs/crashes thread, thx. If you can show a screenie of what you are talking about??

The files are ok but the svn repository is messed up, it's not possible to upload those files without breaking the svn. But that is not the only issue with our current svn repository, because i found a few older corrupt commits:(.
We should move to a new svn or git repository and keep the old one as reference.

If rename these files then still will be problem?

Maybe splitting the update into smaller ones? Just guessing here but the amount of files may be a problem for the SF SVN,

• Restores from an inappropriate AI fix to stop the AI from drastically overvaluing techs that give siege units
  • Final Unit Review for v35 preparation

35 civ dll prepared for release. (Not as the default but I included some support for minis for this official v35 35civ dll.)

Top Bottom