Another MP game??

This would take care of the US game "IF" ls612 drops out and Whisperr is willing to take this one over. But we would still have a hole in the Massive game.

This is no surprise to me of ls612's disinterest. After all I'm generally the one to PM him that it's his turn after 2 days or so go by. And for the groups Info I have to PM him quite often or the lags would be even worse. Over the time it took for him to take these last turns I personally watched him be logged in to this forum at least twice with both times in access of 30 mins. But no turns were taken. And it was a full 4 day time frame FYI (before someone else decides to go off on me).

JosEPh

Are we going to fall apart now?
Can ls612's civ be made an AI?
Or do you All think we can find a replacement fairly quickly for both games?

I'm rather dismayed over this but I knew it would happen eventually. Sad to say.

JosEPh :(

I was in no way "going off on you". You, however, specifically asked if he could be turned into an AI. This is exactly the same as booting him from the game. Therefore my point is valid.

Also, ls612 has in the past specifically said that he often has access to the forums at times when he is unable to play a turn, due to being on the wrong computer or other situations. Seeing as he does things on these forums other than just play these games, it makes sense that he would log in at times that he could not play a turn.

That said, it would be preferable to have someone who is actually interested in playing the games take over for him. Is Snowfru (or however that was spelled, apologies if I got it wrong) still around and interested? He did fairly well a while ago.

On the other hand, the only way to truly speed up the game would be for ls612 to retire and not be replaced by another human. No matter who it is or how interested they are, they just cannot play the turn as quickly as the AI would.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I do appreciate the effort you have put into PMing and messaging various people to try and keep the game going. Thank you.

Is Snowfru (or however that was spelled, apologies if I got it wrong) still around and interested? He did fairly well a while ago.
I am still around, but sorry, I am not interested anymore. When I took over from Is612 the last time it was still a young game and in fact, I didn´t expect Is612 to return and I would have liked to continue. But now the game is too mature for my intentions.

I'm willing to give my turn to whoever wants it now. Joe is right, I have had more and more disinterest in the MP game lately, mainly because I've just moved on from C2C generally, both in terms of gaming and developing.

The main reason I didn't take the turn yesterday is that I thought Magnus would take the Massive turn yesterday and I wanted to do both turns at once. But I've taken both turns now.

@ls612,
I just checked and it's your turn, You are Cardenas correct? Yes you updated the list, but it's still your turn.

Perhaps you didn't click the red End of Turn button?

JosEPh

ls612: It sounds like you saved the game after you'd hit the red button - this freezes the game and I know of no way to get around it without backing up the SVN to the point where your turn was originally up then replaying your turn and when finished, re-replacing the turn in the SVN version with the newly re-played turn file, updating the SVN, selecting to use yours as opposed to 'theirs' to resolve the conflict on that file, then committing once more.

Also done. The ravening horse hordes may continue their rape and pillage now.

Ravening Horse herd! Wait till you see the rest! :mwaha:

RF next

JosEPh

I'm not sure if I got the files right, may have to resync tomorrow.

Turn Done, Magnus up!

I for one would like to see ls612 with us to the end! He's done so much for us.
"Please don't go. the drones need you!"!

Done Rf next.

JosEPh

Top Bottom