Caveman 2 Cosmos

So I'm slightly confused about the unit merging concept I seem to have the idea down (three units become one stronger, larger unit) but I can't seem to merge up beyond battalion size and some units, such as archers, won't merge at all. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

Is there an easy way to disable certain buildings?

And is there a list anywhere of what directory a building's info is in? If I want to modify a building, I have to look through every single BuildingInfos file to try to find it.

If you use notepad to open the BuildingInfos file, use the Find or Find Next functions under the edit tab.

JosEPh

If you use notepad to open the BuildingInfos file, use the Find or Find Next functions under the edit tab.

JosEPh

That's what I've been doing, but there's over 50 BuildingInfos files, so I still have to open each one and use Find.

There are programs that let you search for phrases in certain folders/whole PC or use the Explorer search with the following: content:"phrase" For some leeway add wildcards in the mix content:"*phrase*" for the modules and xml folders. This type of search is slow and takes a while.

So is there any ETA as to when you guys are expecting V35 to be coming out? BTW I applaud the developers for making such an awesome modpack :) Way to go guys!

I know that everything is wrapping up for a release, but should we expect it within a few days, weeks, etc?

Not sure. I may be back at my modding machine this weekend or a bit later. I don't think any one else has the time to prepare and post the new version until then.

So anyway (sorry if this isn't the right thread for this) but without actually testing the SVN for myself (due to terrible download speeds although it seems that way for everyone), how much of a performance increase will we see with V35?

So anyway (sorry if this isn't the right thread for this) but without actually testing the SVN for myself (due to terrible download speeds although it seems that way for everyone), how much of a performance increase will we see with V35?

Vs Version 34? Noticeable.

JosEPh

Vs Version 34? Noticeable.

JosEPh

Yeah sorry I forget to mention a comparison version. So, now obviously this is going to depend on a LOT of factors such as hardware and game settings, lets say a game with 12 civs and default C2C settings, which era would you begin to notice a big slowdown of the game (if that isn't too hard to answer)?

Yeah sorry I forget to mention a comparison version. So, now obviously this is going to depend on a LOT of factors such as hardware and game settings, lets say a game with 12 civs and default C2C settings, which era would you begin to notice a big slowdown of the game (if that isn't too hard to answer)?

What do you consider a slowdown?

I would say a slowdown (atleast by my standards) is when turn times exceed around 30 seconds (for the game setup I mentioned earlier)

Currently im playing with 8 civs in late classical era and turn time are still below 5-6s.

I would say a slowdown (atleast by my standards) is when turn times exceed around 30 seconds (for the game setup I mentioned earlier)

I am playing (see attached) civs and my turn time is under 45 seconds and i am in the Medieval Era on an earth map.

I have posted this in the normal Civ4 - Modpacks forum but maybe this is a better place for it:

Hi there,

first of all i have to say thanks again and how i love this mod. I have played it many times in the past and now again for a few month.
In my latest game i came around something very unusual what i really cant explain. I conquered a city that is now too good in everything. After i had build every available building in a few dozen rounds this city produces now more than all my 40 other cities i have combined, but not just hammers also commerce, food, culture and everything else.
I play on the slowest possible speed but now it feels like the fastest at least in this city. In all other cities it is now impossible to keep up with new invented buildings.

Does anyone have an idea what happened here and how i could avoid something like that in future games because now this doesnt make fun anymore because i will be too good too soon.

This is a sceenshot i took in the city screen:
Spoiler :

thanks

@Echse

Have you tried sending Trade Caravans to the others cities from your super city? That way they can help build buildings in other cities faster. This can really help if you build the :hammers: buildings with Trade Caravans since those newly built buildings will then in turn speed up the production of other buildings.

It's producing 21731 hammers, 1555 gold, and 27291 research. That, so far as I know, is not normal.

Given that it appears to only have 4 Great Wonders, I am deeply curious as to what on earth is going on there.

Top Bottom